Zeitgeist: Conspirracy/Truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeitgeist: Conspirracy/Truth?

There's a movie out called Zeitgeist (The streaming version can be seen for free on Zeitgeist - The Movie).

It deals with issues like -religion, economy, and politics...so, as much as I don't like conspiracy theories and the like, some of the evidence seems pretty convincing while others are just flat ridiculous.

Watch the video- and comments, inputs, rebuttals?

While I'll admit that I was far from unbiased when I first watched the film, being a natural skeptic of conspiracy theories, I didn't find it particularly convincing or life-changing. Rather, I thought it was exactly what one would expect a movie of conspiracy theories to be: Random bits of information that, when taken out of context, can seem to make a case for an outrageous claim, supported by lots of fancy graphs and computer animations. It's been a while since I've seen it, so I won't attempt to make a point-by-point rebuttal, but as long as one takes it with a grain of salt, it's not hard to discount it as the babbling of another bunch of anti-establishment imbeciles.

Comment

Just to let you know there are two threads going on this.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...ight=zeitgeist

Comment

It received a lot of criticism from conspiracy theorists too.

If you want to dig into that world read this:
        Amazon.com: Tragedy & Hope: A History of the World in Our Time: Carroll Quigley: Books

Comment

Working...
        X