Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Wild Wild Bihar, kids fight for justice

In Wild Wild Bihar, kids fight for justice

PATNA: In the land of the Buddha, a strange drama is being played out. While five school children have gone missing, presumed kidnapped, in nine days, the keepers of the state are busy settling political scores with eye on forthcoming polls.

The inertia of the government has spurred protests by school children, with the hope that kid power would do what the law enforcement hasn't.

On Friday, braving cold rains students in Patna gheraoed the Governor's residence, Raj Bhavan. Since January 21, over 18,000 students have stopped going to school and have protested the kidnapping of school students. Many have held symbolic 12-hour "fasts" and conducted mass prayers.

Railway traffic has also been crippled at places as the masses have started rallying behind the kids. ABVP, the youth wing of BJP, staged protests at Bhagalpur, stopping trains.

On Thursday, hundreds of women, many of them mothers of school children, joined the agitation. They held prayers in Patna, Biharsharif and Bhagalpur.

Meanwhile, the Neros of Bihar have hinted political conspiracy. RJD chief Lalu Yadav called the abductions 'stage-managed'.

With the kidnapping of a schoolgirl, Anjali Kumari, in Hajipur on Thursday, the number of students kidnapped in the state, has reached five in nine days.

Ravikant, a student of the DAV public school, was kidnapped from Biharsharif town in Nalanda district on January 24, barely five days after the abduction of Kislay Komal, a student of Delhi Public School on January 19 in Patna.

Even as the protests continued against their kidnapping, another student of the DAV public school, Bhagalpur, Dipak Kumar, went missing the next day on January 25.

Ranjan Kumar, a Class X student was reportedly abducted in Danapur on January 26.

There is still no clue of the Delhi Public School student, Kislay Komal abducted in Patna on January 19.

Most city students are already skipping lunch since the abduction of Kislay as a mark of protest. A group of 15 students are carrying on a relay fast at the office of 'Oxygen', a social organisation in Patna.

Bihar Public School Association, an umbrella group of private schools in Bihar, is actively supporting the children who had also boycotted the Republic Day celebrations as a mark of protest. They formed human chains along city roads on Republic Day.

Meanwhile, with Bihar Assembly polls scheduled to be held on February, political parties are striving hard to exploit the anti-government sentiments of the people and gain political mileage.

Directly attacking the state govrnment, former Prime Minster Atal Bihari Vajpayee, addressing an election rally at Bhagalpur said, " Apaharan ke dhandhe ko bandh karne ke liye, Bihar sarkar ke dhandhe ko bandh karna hoga ."

"I want Kislay back. I want my son back," Vajpayee said.

Launching a counter-attack on Vajpayee, Lalu said, "If Kislay is his son, so were the hundreds of children in Gujarat who lost their lives and parents in the communal violence. Why did not Vajpayee speak out then?"

The RJD chief also hinted at a political conspiracy saying, "Politics ho raha hain ".

Bihar CM Rabri Devi and Lalu have been saying that the abductions are being engineered by political opponents.

"There is a well-hatched conspiracy to defame us (the RJD) and our government as opposition is indulging in dirty politics by stage-managing abduction cases," Lalu said.

Both JD(U) and BJP leaders too criticised the series of abductions. "Why can’t Laluji check abductions when he can check communal violence? Do abductions help him politically?" asked Nitish Kumar.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1003448.cms

Lalu Prasad Yadav is the malignant cancer of Indian democracy, whose misrule in Bihar is a blot on the face of this country.

Comment

Lalloo is the scum of society.

The average Bihari is a village dolt who votes for him. His state is mafia ridden and like the old wild west. Therefore, what can one expect?

I do hope this time the Election Commission can do something to sort the mess out.

One of the richest state of India (resource wise) but is the poorest.

This idiot when he went to Pakistan, he was a heart throb there. I am sure the Pakistanis love the circus that he presented. Anyone would.

And the man had the audacity to state that even in Pakistan he would win an election hands down! I wish he did stand for elections out there. Someone would have shot him and, rightly so, as blood money or attempted 'honour killing' for talking crap.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

xxy

Comment

I really hope Laloo loses the upcoming elections but that is a futile hope.
          Am out of town for a while and then have tons of work coming up at school. Will be back once that's all done.

Comment

amen.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I second that thought.

Comment

well thers one bigger fact.
                Hes a big stud who ahs managed to rule for 15 years without doing anything.. Manna parega He has a lot of control over bihar even today and if u ask biharis they would say that laloo cannot be thrwn out for hes too powerful in temrs of gundas and stuff .

Comment

Ajay, that's what India needs something like the FBI for. To hunt down the "goondas" (gangsters). If you break the law, regardless of whether you are part of a large votebank or have ties to someone like stupid Lalu, you ought to be brought to justice. But, that's a futile hope due to corruption.
                  Am out of town for a while and then have tons of work coming up at school. Will be back once that's all done.

Comment

Actually, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar should be put under President's rule until such a time when the two states stop being the national sorry-stories as they are at the moment.

Rahul,

Have you heard of Papu Yadav of the RJD in Bihar? He's done something which not many can equal for ages to come.

Comment

No, actually I haven't. Who is he? A relative or clansman of Lalu Prasad Yadav? I know Lalu is in charge of the RJD in Bihar though.

Comment

And don't forget Shahabudin who has established ISI links apart from murder, drugs and every other crime.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Rahul
                          Ajay, that's what India needs something like the FBI for. To hunt down the "goondas" (gangsters). If you break the law, regardless of whether you are part of a large votebank or have ties to someone like stupid Lalu, you ought to be brought to justice. But, that's a futile hope due to corruption.
                          well firstly we have a counterpart for FBI and thats CBI. And the problem is not solved till laloo is ousted . Only then somethin can happen. Though the prob is even others in the fight are as worthless as laloo just that laloo has already proved his worthlessness while others are yet to do the same

Comment

Papu Yadav of the RJD, happens to be one of the most notorious criminal gangster in Bihar, who always got a party ticket from Lalu. The man was convicted for his crimes and sentenced to prison.

Now while in prison, this guy was given VIP treatment with all the comforts that one can imagine. He apparently used cell phones and held darbars in prison! And there was nothing that the state law machinery could do about it.

Believe me, Bihar is in a state of utter lawlessness. And UP is not too far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY
                              And don't forget Shahabudin who has established ISI links apart from murder, drugs and every other crime.
                              Thats right Sir, Bihar's miserable law and order situation combined with gangsters having ISI links and the Maoist problem in Nepal is scary.

Comment

Working...
                              X