Memorial Day in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day in the USA

I was digging through an old box of "stuff" this morning and came across my draft card. I remember the day I got my notice in the mail. It was the same day I realized I wasn't a kid anymore.
    Surfing the internet I have seen so many negative articles relating to Memorial Day posted by kids too young to know anything. Their lack of respect makes me angery. Friggin Halloween has more meaning to them. Sorry about the rant.
    Just thought I would share this on this sober day:

Deaths of United States Military Personnel During War and Military Conflicts
    Proud to Live in America

In honor of those who have served and their familes. Thanks for the sacrifice.

For me, this song says it all! :)

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Comment

Great song and great Hendrix quote. Think I'll dig out my Woodstock album and listen to the Star Spangled Banner.

Comment

Originally posted by nickfury View Post
        Great song and great Hendrix quote. Think I'll dig out my Woodstock album and listen to the Star Spangled Banner.
        Thanks! I dig them both too!

Was actually wearing my tied-dyed shirt yesterday with my flip-flops and jeans! Felt like I was back in the 70's.
        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
        sigpic

Comment

Amen! I put the flag out in humility and admiration.

As the old IA saying goes " For your tomorrow, we gave our today"

Comment

<salutes>

It seems that today has lost its real meaning and has become little more then an excuse to party and get wasted :(

Its funny though because I hear that in Australia, ANZAC Day ceremonies are pretty popular among the younger generation. What are reasons behind this?

Comment

First I'll say that I still give a damn about this country and everything it stands for. Can't say the same for everyone in the US government.

I was able to upload one of my vids from today to YouTube, and uploading both to Mspace right this second.

YouTube - 21 Gun Salute

And I took these pics:

Comment

Great pics! Here in South Florida I saw nothing even remotely patriotic. Not even a flag. I did wear a shirt representative of the day and people looked at me strangely. Might be time to move to PA.

Comment

[QUOTE=nickfury;499331]
                  Surfing the internet I have seen so many negative articles relating to Memorial Day posted by kids too young to know anything. Their lack of respect makes me angery. Friggin Halloween has more meaning to them.
                  QUOTE]

It is a sad thing. Maybe someday they will wake up, hopefully in time.

"The nation which forgets its defenders, will itself be forgotten."

Good posts everyone! Lest we forget!

Comment

The next town over had events all day starting at 8:00 and then concluding at the town memorial at 4:30.
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

We have parades in every town but thats mostly for the fire department to show off their big shiny multimillion trucks and march around in dress uniforms and for the high school marching band. The only patriotic aspects are the VFW color guard and maybe some people waving American flags.

We also have the Jones Beach Air Show and boy scouts placing mini flags at each tombstone at the national cemeteries but thats about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X