Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Aussies and Kiwis hold grudges about Douglas MacArthur?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy necromancer poo snacks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
      Holy necromancer poo snacks!
      After 6 years you come with this? Or still haven't done the college?

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
      I haven't forgotten this thread. Am settling down again in college. Will reply, have found official army sources.
      :whome:
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by petermuirhead View Post
        I think you only have to look at MacArthur and his uniform and pipe to get some sort of appreciation of his character.
        Welcome to the board Peter. Please head over to the intro thread and tell us a little bit about yourself.

By the way, resurrecting long dead threads is kinda frowned upon here ;)
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I think it is widely accepted that the German generals were far superior to U.S. generals in ww2.
          I know it is widely accepted that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Patton ran circles around the Germans. Eisenhower was giving lessons on logistics. Montgomery was teaching Rommel on staying power.

And both Chuilov and Zhukov were inflicting lessons on mass on point.

You're in a forum of military professionals. You be better off asking than offerring a stupid POV.
          Chimo

Comment

• Consider this , the krauts held all the cards , they were fully prepared and equipped , their great Generals still got their arses kicked all the way back to Berlin . Shame they worshiped a numfuck leader who they tried to kill , and couldn't even manage that . 2 WW and got battered both times with their superiority , and why just pick on yank Generals ?

Comment

• The Anzacs were always annoyed that they were used in secondary roles, mopping up for the yanks. They considered this belittling their fighting skills.

Comment

• Ww2

Originally posted by OOE View Post
                I know it is widely accepted that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Patton ran circles around the Germans. Eisenhower was giving lessons on logistics. Montgomery was teaching Rommel on staying power.

And both Chuilov and Zhukov were inflicting lessons on mass on point.

You're in a forum of military professionals. You be better off asking than offerring a stupid POV.
                You have no idea about ww2. Look at the Battle of the Buldge. Lucky the tanks ran out of petrol. I suppose though Generals like Patton had plenty of time to shine their side-arms while he sat at home waiting for Germany to suffer some losses such as the Africa campaign. Look at the battle for France designed by Manstein. Military genius, undermanned, underequipped but your mob still fell for the same trap 5 years later. I also accept with military geniuses like yourself your mobs record is rather shabby.

Comment

• Look what the Germans did in France. They did it with far inferior forces and military genius.

Comment

• Are you joking. I don't call Tobruk and El alamein secondary roles handing Germany their first defeat. Held Tobruk for 9 months. Fell within 8 weeks after the 9th Division were relieved. Australians served at a rate per capita only second to the Soviet Union. Give the Anzacs the credit they deserve and recognize the fact that our "Sandy Beret" S.A.S are the best soldiers in the World.

Comment

You have no idea about ww2.
                      A Lieutenant-Colonel with 23 years service has absolutely no idea about WW2?

Originally posted by petermuirhead View Post
                      Look at the Battle of the Buldge. Lucky the tanks ran out of petrol.
                      Yeah, let's look at the Battle of the Buldge. Start a fight when you know you don't got the fuel to go all the way.

I suppose though Generals like Patton had plenty of time to shine their side-arms while he sat at home waiting for Germany to suffer some losses such as the Africa campaign.
                      Ok, Al Alamein was Montgomery, not Patton ... and by the way, the Germans got their ass kicked.

Look at the battle for France designed by Manstein. Military genius, undermanned, underequipped but your mob still fell for the same trap 5 years later. I also accept with military geniuses like yourself your mobs record is rather shabby.
                      My record speaks for itself. We know what happened in France. But apparently, you don't.
                      Chimo

Comment

• BTW, you dumb fuck. Von Mansetien got his ass kicked even when he won. Kursk was a German tactical victory ... but Von Manistein had to withdrawl his salient because it was exposed.

Yeah, you do know more than me about WWII. Try again, little boy.
                        Chimo

Comment

You have no idea about ww2. Look at the Battle of the Buldge. Lucky the tanks ran out of petrol. I suppose though Generals like Patton had plenty of time to shine their side-arms while he sat at home waiting for Germany to suffer some losses such as the Africa campaign. Look at the battle for France designed by Manstein. Military genius, undermanned, underequipped but your mob still fell for the same trap 5 years later. I also accept with military geniuses like yourself your mobs record is rather shabby.
                          You are giving my country & my city a bad name. Please stop.
                          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Look what the Germans did in France. They did it with far inferior forces and military genius.
                            Look at the Rhineland and Vistula-Oder.
                            All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                            -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Look what the Germans did in France. They did it with far inferior forces and military genius.
                              Excuse me, but since you resurrected an old thread, at the very least you could stay on the damn point of the thread or cease and desist...

Comment

• Let's put this one out to pasture.
                                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Working...
                                X