Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
    Here's the thang:
    I believe Mr. Vaughn is probably a good man and true, a patriot, and likely reasonably intelligent. But he probably doesn't see what I simply can't ignore: his party is explicitly working as hard as they can to defeat their own country during wartime. There's a word for that.

I simply canNOT see how ANYbody could look at a party that has Pelosi, Reid and Obama as their leaders and still claim to want what's best for this country. That circle can't be squared.
    There is something else that I can't figure. My parents are both Dems. My dad is/was a teamster. My mother still worships JFK like Elvis. Nothing about the party today do they agree with! But they won't leave the party, and they keep voting freakin Democrat(I'm yelling this while typing)! It has got to be one of the most nonsensical things I have seen.

Perhaps Mr Vaughn is like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
      Here's the thang:
      I believe Mr. Vaughn is probably a good man and true, a patriot, and likely reasonably intelligent. But he probably doesn't see what I simply can't ignore: his party is explicitly working as hard as they can to defeat their own country during wartime. There's a word for that.

I simply canNOT see how ANYbody could look at a party that has Pelosi, Reid and Obama as their leaders and still claim to want what's best for this country. That circle can't be squared.
      Blues:

I think he sees it. His problem is he has been active in local politics for years and worked his way up to the point where he can run for Congress. Coming out in opposition to his party's stand on Iraq before he stood for Congress would probably cost him his district committee's support.

The lure of the job leads candidates to make all sorts of rationalizations to compromise their basic beliefs. At the end of the day, the job is about representing your constituents. If you buck the consensus during an election, you're toast. BTW, nice to see you back.:)
      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Blues,

Just for the record, I have finally seen with my own eyes this primary season that Democrats can screw up a two-car funeral, with one hand tied behind their back. ;)

Comment

Welcome back Blues! And good to see Julie too! 'Bout time for another knock down dragout Dems vs. Rep fight.
          I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
            Welcome back Blues! And good to see Julie too! 'Bout time for another knock down dragout Dems vs. Rep fight.
            Not to bust your bubble, but I'm switching parties. Therefore, Blues is no longer my opposition on that issue. Sorry :(

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
              Not to bust your bubble, but I'm switching parties. Therefore, Blues is no longer my opposition on that issue. Sorry :(
              *** Fell of my chair ***

Comment

Well how 'bout that! Welcome Julie!:))

So it would be interesting to know what it took to change your POV. If you don't mind?

Comment

I suspect that is due to the fact that Hillary Clinton lost and Obama is now the Democratic leader and Obama has weird policies that Julie doesn't like.

Comment

Thats most likely. I may not agree with Clinton's views but at least she has substance. Obama is all flash and no substance. At this point democrats seem more concerned with winning party leadership races and the presidency rather than persuing policy's that people from BOTH sides of the political spectrum can beleive in, and Obama as the presidential nominee proves that line of thinking.

How do you go to a racist church for 20 years and not share at least a few of its ideals? Apparently Obama doesn't and thats either the biggest lie or he truely is a niave individual and certainly not presidential material for either reason.
                    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      *** Fell of my chair ***
                      Thought you'd get a real kick out of that. :))

But, seriously I am.

Blademaster and smilingassassin: I couldn't have explained it better myself. Yall were right on the money. :)

Comment

I think we all got a kick out of that Julie!
                        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Thought you'd get a real kick out of that. :))

But, seriously I am.

Blademaster and smilingassassin: I couldn't have explained it better myself. Yall were right on the money. :)
                          I was seeing some of your other post against Obama recently and let me just say, I thought some had hacked your account.

Welcome to being one of the Good Guys (Gals)! ;)
                          In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                          The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                            I was seeing some of your other post against Obama recently and let me just say, I thought some had hacked your account.

Welcome to being one of the Good Guys (Gals)! ;)
                            Thank you. And I would further like to answer the question to this thread. Can the US win in Iraq. Well, hell yeah, when McCain becomes President ! :))

How is that for a new-born Republican ? :))

Comment

Dear Bluesman,

I am a conservative, no-nonsense Democrat. In actual terms I consider myself a Blue Dog Democrat, “the "Blue Dog" moniker was taken by members of The Coalition because their moderate-to-conservative-views had been "choked blue" by their party in the years leading up to the 1994 election.”
                              I won’t dodge any issue and will give an honest answer. I hope you take the time to read the rest of my positions. I have been repeatedly attacked as a Republican calling myself a Democrat. The fact is, I am a no-nonsense, conservative Democrat and will stand up to my party when I disagree. The truth is that I am not happy with either party. I am angry with the Bush administration and how the war has been managed. I am also disgusted when I read the letter titled "Democrats can turn U.S. around."

Democrats took control of Congress two years ago, promising to solve our problems and get us out of Iraq. The new speaker of the House even had a plan to solve the problem of the increasing cost of gas. It was about $2.50 a gallon then. Inflation and the price of food were increasing about 2.5 percent to 3 percent a year. The stock market was growing, unemployment was down and the sales of new homes and automobiles were setting new records. Two years after the Democrats took control, gas is almost $4 a gallon. Inflation? Food and other essentials cost more each month. We are still in Iraq (and should be). The stock market is full of speculators, unemployment is up and we all know how the sales of homes and automobiles are doing.

Can we trust the liberal Progressive Democrats to turn the U.S. around, when they have done nothing for the past two years but whine about the war and point fingers at the Republicans? It is time for change. The Democratic Party needs to change leadership and elect individuals that will quit whining and turn the country around. We need solid, common sense, no-nonsense, conservative Democrats.

In regards to the war, I would ask that you visit my website and read the link on exiting Iraq. The issue is not winning or loosing.

The current issue is the speed and extent of the drawdown and whether it should be driven by a timetable or by a strategy that seeks to shape events.
                              Rather, the debate should be over consequences: whether, in the end, withdrawal will be perceived as a forced retreat or a carefully planned strategy designed to enhance international security. If we withdraw, leaving nothing behind but a failed state and chaos, the consequences will be disastrous for the region and for America's position in the world.

Radical Islam is more than the sum of individual terrorist acts. It is an ideology in which Islam's radical wing seeks to sweep away secularism, pluralistic values and Western institutions wherever Muslims live. Its is fueled by the conviction that we are on the decline and lack the will to resist. Any event that seems to confirm these convictions compounds the terrorist revolution. If you get the chance, watch Charlie's War.

Jim

Comment

Can we trust the liberal Progressive Democrats to turn the U.S .....
                                Where do they get this "progressive" any way. I haven't seen anything "progress" except the problems.
                                ..........We need solid, common sense, no-nonsense, conservative Democrats.
                                We need conservatives period. Not just Dems.
                                ............If we withdraw, leaving nothing behind but a failed state and chaos, the consequences will be disastrous for the region and for America's position in the world.

Radical Islam is more than the sum of individual terrorist acts. It is an ideology in which Islam's radical wing seeks to sweep away secularism, pluralistic values and Western institutions wherever Muslims live. Its is fueled by the conviction that we are on the decline and lack the will to resist. Any event that seems to confirm these convictions compounds the terrorist revolution.
                                Couldn't agree more!

Comment

Working...
                                X