Members List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had received one, too.

Anyone reading into any posts would (or should) be able to figure out I was not going to be one of their 72 virgins (but then again Mary did have that immaculate conception thing going on). THL (or the original TopHatsLiberal) does not sound very Islamic to me...but I would not really know either, so maybe it does.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
      Joe told me you wanted the members list re-opened. I'm handling the issue.

I've heard there's something in the 3.7 software patch, with its CAPTCHA images, fixed timers, IP and email address spammer recognition, IP proxy busters (and IP proxy buster buster busters), as well as reverse telemetricking, which if properly implemented may fix the problem we are experiencing.

It sounds most impressive, but I haven't a clue as to its meaning.

Let me know why you'd like it re-opened, if it's an absolute necessity I may be willing to re-open it for a brief period. I'll see what the 3.7 vBulletin upgrade does to fix the problem then based on that reconsider whether to re-open it on a permanent basis.
      It is not an absolute necessity for me. I just tried to find out when some of my electronic friends last posted as it has been a while since I saw anything from them.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

CAPTCHA images are those funny codes you have to enter for some services online. You see a picture and several numbers and letters arranged weird and have to enter them. IP proxy busters are used to "see through" the proxies used by spammers to avoid their real IP (i.e. their "ID") etc. So Basicly imiagen an electonic Berlin Wall kind defence to keep out jehovas witnesses on a sunday morning. Just instead against them its for Bots & Spammers.

@THL: I always thought that the L stood for Lover.

I fear that disabling the Memberlist wont reall stop PM-Spammer as they still can see the users online at the bottom of the page. Might it be possible to have certain Forumoptions only available after reaching a certain post rank?

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
          It is not an absolute necessity for me. I just tried to find out when some of my electronic friends last posted as it has been a while since I saw anything from them.
          Glyn, you can do the same by pressing search/ advanced search, typing in their name and you'll get a list of their last posts.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            Glyn, you can do the same by pressing search/ advanced search, typing in their name and you'll get a list of their last posts.
            Thank you, Harry. :) I'll give it a try.
            Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Working...
            X