No announcement yet.

Unclassified After Action Report From Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, nah, i've been out so long, it would horrify me to see how my skills have eroded since i ETS'd.

Long range shooting is a highly perishable skill, and Philly has no decent rifle ranges. I'm still pretty nasty with a pistol though. :)

Sure would love to be able to call in a few practice Arty strikes a year, just for the hell of it. HE Quick in large doses can be so much fun!!!

You got acquainted to me on a bad week, i don't normally condone mega-death, and i am normally quite fuzzy and lovable... for an ex-grunt. ;)

What branch of service were you in Ray?

Comment

Sir,

I still have no email from you at [email protected]

Comment

Sniper,

Infantry. We also have what is known as Mechanised Infantry.

Colonel,

That is the lD I have sent on.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Roger that.

Comment

Im just curious, but why dident the Iraqis mine the roads and bridges and set up more ambushes? One had worse planning us or them? Id have to say them, not that i wanted them to win, but they ignored all the basic rules of defense.

Comment

The Iraqis did not flout the basics of defence. They never applied the same at all. In fact, I wonder if they knew those basics!

The did not inundate, they could have just blasted the dam up North West of Najaf and it would have delayed the US juggernaut as also made an excellent killing ground. They didn't use the river and the blow the bridges for the defence and worst of all, they did not even defend Baghdad and force US troops into an Urban Warfare scenario.:puke

In fact, they were pathetic and they deserve to lose hands down.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

The Iraqi's screwed up in almost every way possible.

Comedy of errors, as they say.

Of course, it's a good thing, cause the 'good guys' had a lot of problems of their own, and still do.

Comment

Sir,

Did you place an underscore between the "wyu" and "me" as in "wyu_me314"?

To the current subject,

Blame it on Saddam's sons. Neither of whom were military men but believe that they knew better. They had thought that the prepared defences of the Kuwait War was a dismal failure and Mogadishu shown the way to defeat the Americans. Hence, you see the lack of prep work but large numbers of roaming militia ready to make life hell for the invader.

Obviously, they've misread alot of things. The prepared defences in Kuwait worked and worked extremely well. There were 75,000 EPWs. Had they decided to fight instead of surrendering, it would have been a whole different war. Also, Saddam was still able to control his army, despite Coalition claims of reducing his LOCs to nill. Saddam (or rather his generals) was still able to organized a retreat despite being under fire all the way through (Highway of Death - one of the most gruesome sights I have ever seen).

Mogadishu did more damage to Adid than he did to the Americans. He lost his militia and therefore, his control over his territories.

Saddam's sons banked on the wrong strategies.
                  Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 04 Oct 03,, 05:16.

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Saddam and his sons are plumb stupid. They reduced the cradle of civilsation to a mess. I have no time for them. I have been in schools of instruction with Arabs and taught a few of them. They are no soldiers, except Palestinians. I didn't know there were Christians there too. A Muslim waiter refused to serve a Palestinian lady officer since she was taking pork sausages. The waiter asked me to tell her to remember that this is not done. Both the waiter and I were surprised to learn that she is a Christian and her husband was a Muslim and damn the Muslim waiter. Still, the Muslim waiter would not serve thinking that Palestine was a sole preserve of the Muslims! Wow and dowuble Wow.

Colonel, I did the underscore. I will try again.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sir,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been racking my brain thinking about this. The Sword of Islam was wielded by the Turkic peoples (ie from the Mongol Steppes). I can't think of any Arab (as in the Middle East) power that spread Islam outside its confines outside of Arabia.

Comment

I really don't know. Lots of Muslim around here claim direct descendence from the Prophet Mohamet.

I am not too sure about Mohamets antecedents. I reckon he was an Arab.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                          X