Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't crossbows more popular a military/assassin/sniper weapon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
    Actually I found that the Fairbain Commando knife was the best throwing knife. I have used those stamped out hourglass shaped ones for putting on shows (they're cheap and easy to replace if you group them too close and hit each other). But the heavy handle on the Fairbain still has momentum in it even after the point of the blade inters the target.

The long thin blade penetrates easily enough and that heavy handle is the "hammer" that pushes it in deeper. Once I was able to penetrate a 1 1/2" thick pine board with one.

So, sometimes "older" is better than the newest marketing design.
    That is also the very best blade design for puncturing mounted, inflated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
      That's how you managed almost three steps across the pool. Bloody crazy I tell you. The answer from that old question I missed was... a full beard. ;)
      Good Lord!

C'mon sgt, give it a try with flip-flops taped on. Lean forward and POUND. I'm in rotten nick but I think that with a bicycle hat on to prevent a "fall-back" head injury, it may be possible on a normal pool.:)
      Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Under the auspices of MAAG, then MACV and the SOG crossbows were used. Aside from the indigenous crossbows, during the MACV/SOG period, a pump action crossbow made by Stevens in Arkansas was used. I have periodically tried to find some of the military crossbows from "the day" but have not had any luck.

Comment

I hear the cry of dying kittens.

Attached Files
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Undead thread alert!
            All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
            -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

If someone tells you that his strength is is willingness to die and your weakness is your desire to live, there is but one way to resolve the conflict. You must accept the gift of his strength and his life and kill the son-of-a-bitch. You can only be a pacifist among civilized people and there can only be peace among men of goodwill.

Comment

on topic: you can't say crossbows aren't popular military weapon. it is used in various kind of stealth missions by top forces all over the world.

look here;

Last edited by lisa70; 21 Jan 10,, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by lisa70 View Post
                  on topic: you can't say crossbows aren't popular military weapon. it is used in various kind of stealth missions by top forces all over the world.

look here;

By the ropes present in the pic that's a tool not a weapon .
                  Last edited by 1979; 21 Jan 10,, 19:22. Reason: wrong choise of words
                  J'ai en marre.

Comment

No one, no one will ever mistake Peru for a top force....
                    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

troung,

No one, no one will ever mistake Peru for a top force....
                      no one expects the peruvian inquisition!
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                      X