problem with logging in to WAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with logging in to WAB

when i try to connect WAB from home it says "you are at wrong WAB blablabla and the right dns is blabla and you will be directed shortly"

but it never directs me...and i try the copy and paste the adress shown like http:71/../... the "right" WAB appaears....

when i try to log in it says "your admin must make someblabla, you can not enter WAB"...

a friend of mine said that it is not my or my browsers fault.

now i am at a internet house.

what can i do?

Kerem
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

It should have been resolved by now but

Start > Run > c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc

Open "hosts" in notepad. Below the last line, enter the following two lines:

74.57.17.67 worldaffairsboard.com
    74.57.17.67 www.worldaffairsboard.com

File > Save > select "all files" > save over "hosts"

Re-open internet browser > go to WAB > Ctrl + F5

If people type in the actual IP address, they'll access the default WAB homepage on the new server but be unable to use its features (such as logging in).

Comment

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

When we first completed the server change, WAB loaded fine for me at home. I went to the campus library to find books for research, and while I was there I pulled up WAB and it was the site on the old server. Different ISPs even in the same city can take different amounts of time to resolve the DNS.

Just to note, I did send an email to every member registered on the forum with the above instructions. ;)

Strangely enough, both WABs were fully functional for 16 hours until I disabled the forum on the old server. There were even 50 posts (which didn't make it to the new WAB).
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          .....Just to note, I did send an email to every member registered on the forum with the above instructions. ;)
          yes you did and i am thankful for it,

but the problem is, your mail has gone to spam folder and i didnt check it out until today.. :))

thanks again

Kerem

Comment

Working...
          X