This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    A living god. Bull fucking shit. He's a man. Nothing more.
    So was Zoroaster.

So was Moses.

So was Jesus.

So was Muhammad.

All men. Flesh and bone.

Worm throughput.

Comment

• Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
      So was Zoroaster.

So was Moses.

So was Jesus.

So was Muhammad.

All men. Flesh and bone.

Worm throughput.
      Cdude is a certified troll. He was baiting you and you fell for it. Now can we please get back to sane discussion? Arguing about Tibetan Buddhism contributed NOTHING to this thread.

Comment

It's a tent, not a machine gun nest. Let's not overblow this.
        It did not have to be a machine gun nest. The Chinese could've put up 5 portacabins and have had the same effect.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        As it should. But without forward staging areas, both armies would have extremely limited reach.
        Why would India build forward staging areas? The bunkers that are being built serve a purely defensive purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by cataphract View Post
          Cdude is a certified troll. He was baiting you and you fell for it. Now can we please get back to sane discussion? Arguing about Tibetan Buddhism contributed NOTHING to this thread.
          You started the thread on hinduism and then disappeared for the next 25 pages.

Are you going to do the same after this?

I am not arguing Tibetan Buddhism.

I am stating what is fact.

That Tibet is Buddhist.

And Buddhism is Indian.

Not to be confused by modern Western nation state concepts here.

Indian means a whole lot more.

No one through history has been able to keep a people subjugated forever.

This too shall pass.

Comment

So was Zoroaster.

So was Moses.

So was Jesus.

So was Muhammad.

All men. Flesh and bone.

Worm throughput.
            And I don't believe in any of them.

Comment

You started the thread on hinduism and then disappeared for the next 25 pages.

Are you going to do the same after this?

I am not arguing Tibetan Buddhism.

I am stating what is fact.

That Tibet is Buddhist.

And Buddhism is Indian.

Not to be confused by modern Western nation state concepts here.

Indian means a whole lot more.

No one through history has been able to keep a people subjugated forever.

This too shall pass.
              I didn't leave for 25 pages, I abandoned the thread after you thoroughly wrecked it. It's a real shame because I had a lot of good points to make. Now stop ruining this one.
              Last edited by cataphract; 06 May 13,, 23:13.

Comment

And I don't believe in any of them.
                How is that supposed to matter Colonel? Seriously?

Millions do. Billions do.

You and I and cdude are but single men.

Comment

I like you, at least you don't call others names. But seriously, this is going nowhere.

Let's argue over something else until something new happens in that region.

Comment

• Ok past my bedtime.

Goodnight Colonel sir. You too cdude.

Ram naam satya hai (Ram's name is the only truth).

Comment

• Originally posted by cdude View Post
                      I like you, at least you don't call others names. But seriously, this is going nowhere.

Let's argue over something else until something new happens in that region.
                      You see. This is like the border standoff between China and India.

After a while, people realize there is nothing to fight for here and move on to other things.

Our no.1 priority is to settle our sea borders, at least there are fish.

Comment

It means shut the hell up. I don't push religion and don't you dare push yours here. Tibet is NOT India's by any stretch of the imagination. Oh, India is not a nation state. Yeah, tell that to your old Empires.

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                        Then, in your living god's case, most don't believe a crap about him. Especially not those in power.

You believe what you want but leave your crap outside of this forum once and for all.

Comment

• Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                          It did not have to be a machine gun nest. The Chinese could've put up 5 portacabins and have had the same effect.
                          No, it's completely different. Anyone can put up a tent in 30 minutes. A machine gun nest takes at least a day. You're trying to point out that the Indian Army was negligent. I'm saying it's an over-reaction. Nothing the Chinese did required an Indian military response. Short of having a machine gun nest waiting for the Chinese, there really is nothing more than the Indian military could or should do.

Why would India build forward staging areas? The bunkers that are being built serve a purely defensive purpose.
                          Well, for one thing, a bunker is perfect to provide cover fire for an advancing column and to call down fire on advance Chinese positions.

Comment

I don't believe in the Pope and I certainly do not believe in that snake oil salesman. A living god. Bull fucking shit. He's a man. Nothing more.

Those are historic evidence you're looking at. It is you who is blind, deaf, and damned stupid.
                            You believed in Deng in which you admitted he was no humanist. After all, he was responsible for far more deaths than you could ever blame Dalai Lama, (see the Cambodia thread) and yet you are more harsh with him than with Deng. What gives?

Comment

It means shut the hell up. I don't push religion and don't you dare push yours here. Tibet is NOT India's by any stretch of the imagination. Oh, India is not a nation state. Yeah, tell that to your old Empires
                              Then by your standards, neither is Canada or US.

You believe what you want but leave your crap outside of this forum once and for all.
                              Come on OOE, give the kid a break.

Comment

No, it's completely different. Anyone can put up a tent in 30 minutes. A machine gun nest takes at least a day. You're trying to point out that the Indian Army was negligent. I'm saying it's an over-reaction. Nothing the Chinese did required an Indian military response. Short of having a machine gun nest waiting for the Chinese, there really is nothing more than the Indian military could or should do.
                                CHina sent in armed people and violated India's borders and waved a sign saying "You are in China's land" and that doesn't require a military response?

Well, for one thing, a bunker is perfect to provide cover fire for an advancing column and to call down fire on advance Chinese positions.
                                Or to provide a long duration watching eye protected from the elements such as wind.

Comment

Working...
                                X