This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indian navy vs chinese navy

now this isnt a nationalist thread i just want to know based on ur judgment or info u can present which of these two giants holds the reign of the indian ocean
    please keep the response logical and please focus on the topic
    so the question again
    which other navy other than the USN dominates the indian ocean and has considerable capacity ?

Originally posted by 1947 View Post
    now this isnt a nationalist thread i just want to know based on ur judgment or info u can present which of these two giants holds the reign of the indian ocean
    please keep the response logical and please focus on the topic
    so the question again
    which other navy other than the USN dominates the indian ocean and has considerable capacity ?
    IN would be dead meat against Chinese forces in South China Seas and Chinese Navy would be dead meat against IN in Indian waters. Why? It is all about logistics and ability to bear forces and the type of forces upon the scene. But it is a moot point because USN would make sure it doesn't happen. Why? Because if a battle breaks out between Chinese navy and Indian navy, it would mean that trade would be disrupted and Uncle Sam doesn't like not getting his daily dose of oil, cheap & crappy Walmart products, and Toyota cars.

Comment

The nuclear subs of PLAN will play some role in the equation? i guess.

How big will the naval expansion of IN and PLAN be in the 2020-2025 time frame.

What will be the underwater buildup (how big will it be) throughout the Indian Ocean region and how will it have an impact on where India stands?

What will the expansion of PLAN and IN be seen as from the prospective of other nations in the region.

Comment

I would say that if the IN could get 2 good quality carriers (and their supports) the PLAN would have a difficult time.
        But yes neither can afford to come within range of land based assets of the other. Only navy in the world that can do that is the USN.
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

NOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The U.S. does.:P

Just kidding guys, China does have some good up and coming subs but India wants blue water capability and has a few as well. I suppose it would be fair to watch for the next say two years and see how much further both navies develop.

In all honesty, A carrier group holds much more national visible clout then any sub ever will. Boomer or not.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
              The U.S. does.:P

Just kidding guys, China does have some good up and coming subs but India wants blue water capability and has a few as well. I suppose it would be fair to watch for the next say two years and see how much further both navies develop.

In all honesty, A carrier group holds much more national visible clout then any sub ever will. Boomer or not.
              Dreadnought, Adux has posted a new thread in the Naval section on India's Blue Water naval capabilities. Would request your comments.
              sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                IN would be dead meat against Chinese forces in South China Seas and Chinese Navy would be dead meat against IN in Indian waters. Why? It is all about logistics and ability to bear forces and the type of forces upon the scene. But it is a moot point because USN would make sure it doesn't happen. Why? Because if a battle breaks out between Chinese navy and Indian navy, it would mean that trade would be disrupted and Uncle Sam doesn't like not getting his daily dose of oil, cheap & crappy Walmart products, and Toyota cars.
                Likewise, China is Uncle Sams biggest trading partner. I find it hard to belive that the USN would sink the entire South China surface fleet. ;)

And, yeah...those Chinese subs..there's alot of em! With some Souvys SS-N-22's... I dunno. Without India's ability from the Air to deter the Chinese, it would be very difficult for that Indian surface fleet. There only hope would be with those SU-30's.
                sigpic

Comment

I agree that India and China simply can't get at each other militarily as it now stands. China is making an effort to be able to operate in the IO, but they are a long way from that. What Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia do in the event of a conflict would be key, as any/all could make transit through the choke points hell for either side. Overall, I would say India has the strategic advantage because I see no reason why the IN would need to get near China, but China would need to keep middle east oil flowing to keep their economy from tanking. India sits across their primary economic SLOC, a simple advantage of geography. Of course, I can envision no realistic scenario where India and China would seriously come to blows at this point, they simply have too much to lose and very little to gain by conflict.:)
                  The SWO

Comment

Originally posted by mweber24 View Post
                    I agree that India and China simply can't get at each other militarily as it now stands. China is making an effort to be able to operate in the IO, but they are a long way from that. What Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia do in the event of a conflict would be key, as any/all could make transit through the choke points hell for either side. Overall, I would say India has the strategic advantage because I see no reason why the IN would need to get near China, but China would need to keep middle east oil flowing to keep their economy from tanking. India sits across their primary economic SLOC, a simple advantage of geography. Of course, I can envision no realistic scenario where India and China would seriously come to blows at this point, they simply have too much to lose and very little to gain by conflict.:)
                    I think if India & China ever come to blows again, it'll probably be border conflict-related and would therefore primarily involve both countries' armies and air forces, with the navies at heightened alert but not actually directly involved. But who knows!

With that said I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been locked?

Well it has been a civil discussion so far :)

Thx,
                    Nebula82.

Comment

Originally posted by nebula82 View Post
                      With that said I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been locked?

Well it has been a civil discussion so far :)
                      It's been reported ;) Since the discussion hasn't devolved into nationalistic rants, I don't see a need to lock it for now. Hopefully, the kids don't show up and ruin it for everyone
                      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Nebula,

any good reason for this thread to be locked?

Is it embarrassing you?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                          any good reason for this thread to be locked?
                          Probably because Versus threads are so juvenile that they're specifically mentioned in our forum guidelines as "please take them to another venue" ?

Hmmm? ;)

So to answer his question:

India. Obviously.

Because among other things, the Indian Ocean just happens to be India's front yard. (That name being a dead giveaway)

There. Question answered.
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

§ 4-10. immature nationalistic bickering matches are not tolerated here (e.g. nation vs. nation threads), please take them to another venue
                            Thread locked.
                            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                              Thread locked.
                              I must be slipping, thought I'd locked that after my reply
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X