X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am Proud to be Chinese

I am Chinese.

25 years old. Female.

I am studying in the University as a postgraduate.

As a Chinese, May I ask you westerners a few questions?

1. Are you living in China or have you been in China for some time? If the answer is NO, then on What basis are you accusing the CCP? So, stop considering yourselves always right. It offended us, ture Chinese.

2. Do you know that your nations achieved industralization at least 100 years earlier than China? Please believe that 100 years later, Chinese people will enjoy much more so-called human rights than you.

3. Why do you like to have an oar in everyman's boat? Please! Iraq, Ireland and innumerable such affairs are not enough for you to make a racket?

4. How do you know Chinese people are oppressed by the CCP? Funny. My whole family live a much better life than ten years ago. The so-called human rights and freedom are meaningless to common Chines people. We just want to enjoy a rich, peacefull life. And the CCP have done quite well to fullfill these demands. And if you have been in China, you will find that the most majority hold the same opinion with me.

5. You always think the western political system is much better than ours, ok, the last question : apply the US political system to china, in which there are at least 1.3billion people, 56 differet peoples, and with all the unfriendly capitalism neighbours, and with the Taiwan, Tibet ,and Xinjiang issues,, are you sur you can deal with it much better than the CCP???

All my classmates and friends are fury about the Dalai Lama. We all know that CCP has many defects, and in our home, we often criticize it just like you criticize the Washington. But when it comes to such sovereign issues, we chinese people will regard the CCP as the embodiment of our motherland , and we will try our best to guard her, even the price maybe our young lives.

We want to make friends with people all around the world, but we alse need respect.

We love our motherland, we love China, and we are proud to be Chinese.
    Last edited by Doriss; 16 Apr 08,, 06:51.

Originally posted by Doriss View Post
    I am Chinese.
    I am a New Zealander
    25 years old. Female.
    48 years old, male.

Long since past university.

Yes, that is why this forum exists after all.

1. Are you living in China or have you been in China for some time?
    No
    If the answer is NO, then on What basis are you accusing the CCP?
    Because I can
    So, stop considering yourselves always right. It offended us, ture Chinese.
    I don't consider myself always right, but that doesn't stop me from criticising in those areas where I know of what i speak.
    2. Do you know that your nations achieved industralization at least 100 years earlier than China? Please believe that 100 years later, Chinese people will enjoy much more so-called human rights than you.
    I seriously doubt that. You are after all, 100 years behind.
    3. Why do you like to have an oar in everyman's boat? Please! Iraq, Ireland and innumerable such affairs are not enough for you to make a racket?
    Because we can. We're FREE to do so
    4. How do you know Chinese people are oppressed by the CCP? Funny. My whole family live a much better life than ten years ago. The so-called human rights and freedom are meaningless to common Chines people.
    Except of course, those currently in prison or dead from expressing their beliefs
    We just want to enjoy a rich, peacefull life.
    As do we all. We also want other peoples to have that also
    And the CCP have done quite well to fullfill these demands.
    Tibet
    And if you have been in China, you will find that the most majority hold the same opinion with me.
    Except those in prison or dead, or too afraid to speak up as they wish to be neither in prison or dead

5. You always think the western political system is much better than ours,
    That's because it is
    ok, the last question : apply the US political system to china, in which there are at least 1.3billion people, 56 differet peoples, and with all the unfriendly capitalism neighbours, and with the Taiwan, Tibet ,and Xinjiang issues,, are you sur you can deal with it much better than the CCP???
    Just the European Union alone is 500 million people, add the rest of the west to that and see

All my classmates and friends are fury about the Dalai Lama.
    He's just one man
    We all know that CCP has many defects, and in our home, we often criticize it just like you criticize the Washington.
    I doubt that. when was the last time you came to blows with the Chinese police, protesting?
    But when it comes to such sovereign issues, we chinese people will regard the CCP as the embodiment of our motherland , and we will try our best to guard her, even the price maybe our young lives.
    Being proud of your country is fine, so you should be, but those who want to protest against your country should also have the right to do so

We want to make friends with people all around the world, but we alse need respect.

And so you should be.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I think you should be much more nice to your wife. You do not respect her at all. A woman need much more. And you have done poorly.

If I say this to you, will you be offended???

According to your logic, I have the freedom and rights to say what I want to say.

Sometimes, we really have the rihgts and freedom to do something, but we just should not to do it.

We should not do sth just because we want to, because maybe it hurts others so much.

Comment

[QUOTE]
        I think you should be much more nice to your wife. You do not respect her at all. A woman need much more. And you have done poorly.

I am not offended at all.

I am appalled that anyone could actually trot out such an illogical and stupid reason.

You, Chinese from Communist China, really have the weirdest of reasons to justify issues.

According to your logic, I have the freedom and rights to say what I want to say.
        Indeed, you have the freedom and right to say what you want.

Do exercise it and let the world know how stupid you can be.

Sometimes, we really have the rihgts and freedom to do something, but we just should not to do it.
        And what is that supposed to mean?

We should not do sth just because we want to, because maybe it hurts others so much.
        Hurts others?

Fine.

Remember Tibet.

Why are you hurting them?

Practice what you preach!!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

ok taking inspiration from Parihaka
          I am Chinese.
          I am Indian

25 years old. Female.
          male
          me too but most probably not in the same university
          I am not a "westener". So can I answer? If you dont want me to answer, big deal . I will answer - reason free speech

1. Are you living in China or have you been in China for some time? If the answer is NO, then on What basis are you accusing the CCP? So, stop considering yourselves always right. It offended us, ture Chinese.
          No, I have never been to China. So now the question, what makes you think that CCP cannot be accused? It is called free speech and ends only when I cant shout "fire" in a crowded theatre.

If it offends you, you have the option of closing your ears and closing your eyes. We do not stop that, nor do we stop you from accusing us back in a non-troll way.

My nation didnt achieve industrialization 100 years ago and we are on the path to give the human rights. They are rights you have because you are 'human", which I think I can reasonably assume. You do not get them because you are rich, you do not get them because you own a car or anything else?
          They have built so many oars that their boats were not sufficient, and because they can and because it is in their interests to do so.

4. How do you know Chinese people are oppressed by the CCP? Funny. My whole family live a much better life than ten years ago. The so-called human rights and freedom are meaningless to common Chines people. We just want to enjoy a rich, peacefull life. And the CCP have done quite well to fullfill these demands. And if you have been in China, you will find that the most majority hold the same opinion with me.
          Were you at the TS 1989? Did you speak to the tibetan refugees in India? That YOU and your family got a better life, doesnt mean every "chinese" has. Human rights and freedom might be meaningless to you personally, but the tibetan riots showed that they have value to them.

Fulfilling their demands as if it is alms? That doesnt count. Majority han yes, talk to majority tibetans. Then let me see whether your personal opinion counts.

5. You always think the western political system is much better than ours, ok, the last question : apply the US political system to china, in which there are at least 1.3billion people, 56 differet peoples, and with all the unfriendly capitalism neighbours, and with the Taiwan, Tibet ,and Xinjiang issues,, are you sur you can deal with it much better than the CCP???
          western political system? How about the Indian system - possibly with 1.15 billion and 10000 different people?
          56 different people? hey, werent the chinese saying 97%han, I wonder if these 55 different are in the 3%.

capitalism neighbors? Capitalism is a economic principle to which china bowed 30 years ago. You are a capitalist country in a capitalist neighborhood, so whats the big deal?

I may/may not be dealing better than the CCP.
          We have our own problems but nobody accuses of cultural genocide and such terms, I wonder why?
          All my classmates and friends are fury about the Dalai Lama.
          I am furious about Mao, I am furious about Hu Jintao, I am furious about CCP - so now exactly what? Simple thing I believe its your right to be furious about DL just as it is my right to be furious about these people.

We all know that CCP has many defects, and in our home, we often criticize it just like you criticize the Washington.
          Can you do it in public? Can you organize a protest march against them? Can you change them until they wish to change.

Sitting in a room and criticising hush hushly among your family/parents and then saying - hey dont tell this to anyone. Is this criticism you are talking about?

This is a public forum, MMS (our prime minister) is worthless, he cant do his job. SG(head of ruling party) is simply without brains and think only of her family.

Now I can say this infront of them and you will see thousands of posters in India with a similar theme. This is called criticising and free speech.
          But when it comes to such sovereign issues, we chinese people will regard the CCP as the embodiment of our motherland , and we will try our best to guard her, even the price maybe our young lives.
          so now CCP=china, good going

as it should be. Trust begets trust and respect begets respect. without trust respect cant exist and without respect, trust cant exist.

If you want me to talk to you as a respectful stranger, I will give you all the respect in the world. But if you have come here representing CCP, I dont give a rat's a**.

Comment

STUPID??
            Tibet?
            Have you been to Tibet?? Then how do you know we hurt them? From the media? Ok, if you believe them.
            Please be reasonable.
            Be communist is not wrong. It is just a belief. And it is you that support the rihgts of freedom.
            My logic is ironic??? Sorry, your logic seems the same to me.

Comment

mmmm, interesting and the kicks just keep on coming.
              Do you know whether Parihaka is married or not? Have you talked to his wife/gf?

Comment

STUPID??
                Tibet?
                Have you been to Tibet?? Then how do you know we hurt them? From the media? Ok, if you believe them.
                Please be reasonable.
                Be communist is not wrong. It is just a belief. And it is you that support the rihgts of freedom.
                My logic is ironic??? Sorry, your logic seems the same to me.
                During Mr. Rays army days,
                the tibetan refugees came where? to India and he dealt directly with them, he can tell you stories about how tibetans to escape the CCP crawled for days together and faced hunger to just come out of CCP.

So before arguing, know to whom you are speaking to- he has direct contact with them.

If it was directed for me, I have exactly one tibetan friend. it would have been proper. But the timing of the reply is too short for you to reply to me, so I guessed it was for Mr. Ray.

and guess what, Ray lives in the communist state of Bengal. he sees what communism can do, even when moderated by democracy.

Comment

[QUOTE=ravi12;482974]
                  the tibetan refugees came where? to India and he dealt directly with them, he can tell you stories about how tibetans to escape the CCP crawled for days together and faced hunger to just come out of CCP.

That is history, isn't ? I do not know if it is true. Maybe it is. But, please remember that at that time, Tibet is slavery.

And also a truth is that, today, the people in Tibet live a peaceful life, most Tibetian are much more rich than our Hans.

Breaking from China and joining in the India would be better?? I am sure the Indians will be happy to receive such a huge territory.

Maybe we do not share the same value. For us, stable situation is everything for us. And we need peaceful environment to develop.

To tell the truth, I am astonished to know that so many foreigners are hostile to China. Though my family is poor and I have to work quite hard to achieve a good life, but still I believe in a bright future

Comment

[QUOTE=Doriss;482982]
                    Originally posted by ravi12 View Post

That is history, isn't ? I do not know if it is true. Maybe it is. But, please remember that at that time, Tibet is slavery.

And also a truth is that, today, the people in Tibet live a peaceful life, most Tibetian are much more rich than our Hans.

Breaking from China and joining in the India would be better?? I am sure the Indians will be happy to receive such a huge territory.

Maybe we do not share the same value. For us, stable situation is everything for us. And we need peaceful environment to develop.

To tell the truth, I am astonished to know that so many foreigners are hostile to China. Though my family is poor and I have to work quite hard to achieve a good life, but still I believe in a bright future
                    give this fable to your children, madam.
                    Joining with India, nah - Independent Tibet would be free.
                    Ray sir, even served upto around 2000ish. He can give you first hand accounts upto this point and that was after 45 years of "slavery" with CCP as the slave lords.
                    Peaceful situation will develop when China becomes a peace loving nation and not a forked tongue one, giving platitudes with the mouth but annexing territory and abetting others on the other.

Comment

Yes, it is history. Yesterday is also history.

So, we should wipe it out of our minds?

Why do people study history? Why do the Chinese then talk about their glorious civilisation etc? Isn't that history too?

Tibet was not a bed of roses. All know that. But then the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Backward was also not a beautiful era, or was it? Just compare. In the two events mentioned people were killed, while old Tibet was no Heaven and yet they were not killed!!

There is no reason why Tibet should join India. Why should they?

Yes, the Chinese mindset is trained to listen to the State or the Emperor. It is called Legalism.

They are not hostile to China or the Chinese.

They are hostile towards the repressive manner how the Chinese ensures mind control!

Money does not buy education or knowledge. Hard work does. There are many examples of great Indians who were poorer than you, but achieved great heights and recognition. Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar studied under a street lamp during the British Raj and yet became a great scholar. Do you have to do that?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts on my relationship with my wife. Interestingly enough, she is still with me after 10 years and two children when under our laws she is perfectly free to leave me at any time yet somehow hasn't got around to it. Could you perhaps point out in my comments to you where she would take offence:)

As regards your comments on this board.
                        This is a privately owned international board, and with members from around the world. As such we have developed a few simple rules designed to keep a modicum of decency in our posts without being so draconian as to overly inhibit free speech. I strongly suggest you read those rules found here, spend some time reading and digesting them and review your comments thus far in light of those rules.
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

[That is history, isn't ?
                          No, its not. The fact that thousands still cross the border into India every year is evident of that.

I do not know if it is true. Maybe it is.
                          Are you kidding me!? How do you think the Dalai Lama ended up in India? Or is that stuff censored over there?

But, please remember that at that time, Tibet is slavery.
                          And the Tibetans are still crossing.

And also a truth is that, today, the people in Tibet live a peaceful life,
                          We saw.

most Tibetian are much more rich than our Hans.
                          Wrong.

And it is these same Indians who are willing to give up claim on the Aksai Chin part of Kahmir held by China since '62 war providing China gives up its claim on parts of Eastern India. But why are your "peaceful and progressive", leaders not willing to do that?

Oh, and maybe if this info was censured out for you; Dalai Lama does not want independence for Tibet, only more rights for Tibetans; and Indians still stand by him!

Everyone does. But your leaders will not let the neighbourhood live in peace!

To tell the truth, I am astonished to know that so many foreigners are hostile to China.
                          Well, you shouldn`t be. Considering your country has had problems with every country it borders.

Though my family is poor and I have to work quite hard to achieve a good life, but still I believe in a bright future
                          Don't see how its related but Good for you!
                          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                            Money does not buy education or knowledge. Hard work does. There are many examples of great Indians who were poorer than you, but achieved great heights and recognition. Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar studied under a street lamp during the British Raj and yet became a great scholar.
                            Well said. Another example off the top of my the head; Dr. Abdul Kalam. As a child, he studied under the moonlight; and to become India's top scientist and later the country's 11th President!
                            Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                            -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

u see this is what i like about u commies
                              just because u don't need ur human rights doesn't mean every one in the world wishes to live a sadistic downtrodden life
                              we base our arguments against chinese oppresion in tibet from the exodus of tibetan refugees pouring across the indian and nepalese borders and china isnt the only country with territorial problem india and pakistan suffer the same but u dont see india changing subject on national television
                              and we have a multi party democracy where everyone is represented even the muslims show me that happening in tibet

Comment

Working...
                              X