Famine in the U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famine in the U.S.

Well, seeing how this thread is for whatever's on your mind, don't mind me while I unload a bit. I came across a site a few years back, and I've been following it along, and now I'm realizing more than ever that their predictions have been happening. The disturbing part now, is that they are predicting a famine to happen this year right here in the U.S. It's at the point where it's no longer deniable, as there are so many news reports out. With everything that's been going on lately, maybe you'll want to make preparations for your family. Let me know if I'm missing something, but it's looking so real to me.

INVITATION__FS-AAD

Ana

Originally posted by AnaA View Post
    The disturbing part now, is that they are predicting a famine to happen this year right here in the U.S. It's at the point where it's no longer deniable, as there are so many news reports out.
    That's more than a little ridiculous, for several reasons.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that one, not for one minute.

That website is...whacked. Just whacked.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

If y'all get hungry just let us know. Currently NZ is running at about one third of our primary production capacity.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I don't think the site is whacked, so much as the information there is shocking. When I first read it I had the same reaction, but as I watch the news and the storms destroying farmland, and the price of groceries skyrocket, and the truckers striking, etc., I feel I need to take it's warning a lot more seriously.

Comment

Ana take the very worst projections of all current problems and assume that no one does anything at all (such as planting some of the hundred of thousands of fallow acres in the US) and that there is a drought besides and that website might have a point. It is designed to prey on fears in that they explicitly mention every problem that is publisized they can think of and then highlight the worst possible extrapolation of that problem to try and take an action that they will profit from in that it assists in acheiveing the publishers goals. Its a peice of scare propaganda.

Comment

I think if we just sum up what's happened so far that can lead to these things, and then watch the news carefully, we'll know, but if we don't do anything to prepare, like planting our own garden, and having some extra supplies to be a little more self sufficient and less dependent on things that can fail any time, we are wise to do so. A lot of our farmland and crops have been destroyed by the bizaar weather and flooding, and farmers have switched to biofuels in large numbers. Plus we're shipping out our wheat stores. Then there's the bee problem, and on and on...

Comment

AnaA, the website you're referencing totally ignores the incredibly vast size and diversity of the United States and just how much of it is arable.

If anything is to be a worry, it's transportation/distribution of food, not the actual supply.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

That website rocks

We have found the Christian version of Mike Sparks

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                  That website rocks

We have found the Christian version of Mike Sparks
                  Lord help us! I mean Mike Sparks save us from the Stryker Everyone run!
                  "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

If anything is to be a worry, it's transportation/distribution of food, not the actual supply.
                    That's why we need the tracked GaViN'S to bring food into the major cities.
                    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

I have an idea. Lets get all the politicians who favored adding ethanol in gasoline, line them up, and then shoot them for their idiocy. Perhaps that may help solve the current situation.
                      I have no idea what I'm doing. Honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by AnaA View Post
                        Well, seeing how this thread is for whatever's on your mind, don't mind me while I unload a bit. I came across a site a few years back, and I've been following it along, and now I'm realizing more than ever that their predictions have been happening. The disturbing part now, is that they are predicting a famine to happen this year right here in the U.S. It's at the point where it's no longer deniable, as there are so many news reports out. With everything that's been going on lately, maybe you'll want to make preparations for your family. Let me know if I'm missing something, but it's looking so real to me.

INVITATION__FS-AAD

Ana
                        If they are predicting famine this year, I'll bet you the cost of a case of my favorite beer that they prove (within 365 days) to be totally FOS. This tripe has been floating every since the Carter administration. It takes very little critical thinking (lots available on this board) and very little understanding of economics (LOTS available on this board!) to realize that the US will be about the very last place on earth that will starve.
                        sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Low on grains? Eat steak and lobster.

Should this thread be filed under our "conspiracy theory" or "global warming" catagory?
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Indirect Fire View Post
                            I have an idea. Lets get all the politicians who favored adding ethanol in gasoline, line them up, and then shoot them for their idiocy. Perhaps that may help solve the current situation.
                            But what about the ethanol-fueled Gavins?

They're the very key to winning the war in Iraq!

Comment

Who do we need to invade to get food? Cuba or Venezuela
                              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Working...
                              X