• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghan suicide blast kills 3 Indians, 1 Afghan

Afghan suicide blast kills 3 Indians, 1 Afghan
    Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:36am EDT Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page|
    Featured Broker sponsored link

KABUL (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed three Indian road engineers and an Afghan in southwestern Afghanistan on Saturday in the second deadly attack on road builders in a week.

In a separate incident, 24 Taliban were killed in a joint operation by Afghan and foreign troops in Zabul province on Friday night, deputy provincial governor Gulab Shah Alikheil told reporters.

Intermittent violence has broken out in different parts of Afghanistan in recent weeks following a traditional winter lull.

The suicide attack on the road crew was in the remote southwestern province of Nimroz, said provincial governor Ghulam Dastagir Azad.

"The bomber got out of a car and then blew himself up," Azad told Reuters. Three Indians and an Afghan were killed and three people wounded, the Interior Ministry said.

A Taliban spokesman claimed responsibility, the Pakistan-based Afghan Islamic Press news agency reported.

Ousted in 2001, the Taliban are fighting to expel foreign forces and bring down Afghanistan's Western-backed government.

Their insurgency, which has intensified over the past two years, includes attacks on reconstruction and aid work that the government and its allies hope will win over the people and isolate the insurgent leadership.

Most of the violence is in the south and east, near the border with Pakistan where the Taliban have sanctuaries in remote tribal areas
    Seventeen Afghan road workers were killed in a Taliban attack in the southern province of Zabul on Tuesday.

Zabul deputy governor Gulab Shah Alikheil told reporters 24 Taliban were killed in a ground and air attack by Afghan and foreign troops on Friday night.

There were no casualties among the Afghan and foreign forces, he said.

(Additional reporting by Ismail Sameem; Writing by Sayed Salahuddin; Editing by Robert Birsel and Bill Tarrant)
    Afghan suicide blast kills 3 Indians, 1 Afghan | International | Reuters

Rest in Peace, Yet another act of cowardice from the Talibunnies

Comment

Originally posted by Adux View Post
      Rest in Peace, Yet another act of cowardice from the Talibunnies
      RIP, yes.
      But an "act of cowardice", it's not so simple : the bomber killed himself at the same time, it's something to notice. Even if they do nasty things, I'll not say guys ready to die are "cowards". Rather butchers, criminals, and a lot of other names.
      Last edited by cesm; 13 Apr 08,, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by cesm View Post
        RIP, yes.
        But an "act of cowardice", it's not so simple : the bomber killed himself at the same time, it's something to notice. Even if they do nasty things, I'll will not say guys ready to die are "cowards". Rather butchers, criminals, and a lot of other names.
        brainwashed yes. The one who thinks up the mission and the one who acts are typically different. This is quite frequent through history. The dirty job is always done by the other guy.

Check the red mosque incident which took place in pakistan. The mullah asked all his supporters to fight to death but he tried to escape wearing a burqa. So brave of him. Unfortunately for him, he got caught.

You will never find the likes of Osama, Mullah Omar and his ilk doing a daring mission. Its always the other poor soul who will die for martyrdom. Hence the promise of 72 virgins.

Arent Osama and types so eager to meet the virgins that they themsleves can put on a vest. Whats keeping them from meeting the virgins?

Hypocrisy at its best.
        God is a cruise missile.

Comment

BRO and ITBP pays the silent price again? Nothing i can say will lessen the grief of their families, i hope they find peace.
          Last edited by kuku; 13 Apr 08,, 07:09.

Comment

That road is important, for India, for Iran and for our Afghan Friends, and the Media is trying to play the role of the Firangi media, we are not the same, the blood sacrifice does not deter us, life will go on as it has till now.

I remember this media telling the people how sad it was when the bombs exploded in Sarojni Nagar market in Delhi and telling the people that life will not be the same, the festival will not be the same, guess what the market was back to normal in four days with packed crowds. One thing you learn growing up in India, life goes on. These terrorists can try, but they will never succeed at these things with us.
            You know, how many times have these terrorists done this to us, i forget the count, and our resolve is still strong.
            Last edited by kuku; 13 Apr 08,, 07:47.

Comment

No other country(not engaged in war) looses people as much as India, 1823 on an average loose their lives in India because of terrorist strikes, That is 18230 in the last decade. The Americans would have made the rest of the world a glass bowl for that. Indians have to up the ante and their game.

Darwin Rules.

Comment

Originally posted by FullTank View Post
                brainwashed yes. The one who thinks up the mission and the one who acts are typically different. This is quite frequent through history. The dirty job is always done by the other guy.

Check the red mosque incident which took place in pakistan. The mullah asked all his supporters to fight to death but he tried to escape wearing a burqa. So brave of him. Unfortunately for him, he got caught.
                By the way, another one terrorist has been caught wearing a burqa a few days ago. He was arresterd in Mauriania, where he and his friends murdered 4 french tourists and injured another one. "So brave of him", as you say.

Originally posted by FullTank View Post
                You will never find the likes of Osama, Mullah Omar and his ilk doing a daring mission. Its always the other poor soul who will die for martyrdom. Hence the promise of 72 virgins.

Arent Osama and types so eager to meet the virgins that they themsleves can put on a vest. Whats keeping them from meeting the virgins?

Hypocrisy at its best.
                Oh yes ! I would love to see the fundamentalist leaders apply what they ask the others to do. To kill themselves isn't necessary, just come on fight against some soldiers... (I would have appreciate to see Bush and his family in Vietnam and Iraq, too, but its not really the same thing.)

Comment

The Indian govt has stated that it will still press on!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

RIP, yes.
                    But an "act of cowardice", it's not so simple : the bomber killed himself at the same time, it's something to notice. Even if they do nasty things, I'll will not say guys ready to die are "cowards". Rather butchers, criminals, and a lot of other names.
                    I am told by the Moslems that suicide is condemnable in Islamic scriptures.

It is cowardice.

And yet to kill oneself for the cause is martyrdom!

Paradoxical!!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

RIP, yes.
                      But an "act of cowardice", it's not so simple : the bomber killed himself at the same time, it's something to notice. Even if they do nasty things, I'll not say guys ready to die are "cowards". Rather butchers, criminals, and a lot of other names.
                      They are most certainly cowards; because they are dying thinking that they have found a shortcut to get in bed with 72 virgins. An atheist blows himself up for some cause, sure, I will say he is not a coward. But when a religious terrorist blows himself up in order to get a shortcut to heaven; one word, COWARDICE!
                      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                        I am told by the Moslems that suicide is condemnable in Islamic scriptures.

It is cowardice.

And yet to kill oneself for the cause is martyrdom!

Paradoxical!!
                        Do you see how the acts of a terrorist are contradictory to what the Book teaches us?

Yes, there's no forgiveness for a suicide, its haram, forbidden in Islam. Taking down others by blowing yourself up is not jihad. The guy is simply fcuked and misled by the iman who brainwashed him because there's no paradise nor 72 virgins waiting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                          The guy is simply fcuked and misled by the iman who brainwashed him because there's no paradise nor 72 virgins waiting for him.
                          Neo, I am just curious. Maybe others have this doubt too and you could clear it up for us.

Can you tell us how this 72 virgins have come up? What is the origin and where was this first mentioned?Is this a myth or is it real?

How come the number 72? Why not 71 or 73 or something like a nice round number like 10 or 50 or 100?

72 doesnt really ring a bell seems like 6 dozen but why this?

btw does 72 virgins mean female virgins?

what happens when a female obtains martyrdom? does she get 72 male virgins? Whats in store for her in paradise?

Not looking for whether they "really" get virgins or not, that I realize even you cannot tell us. Just the origin and the exact promises and any reasoning behind it(if you know).
                          God is a cruise missile.

Comment

Full Tank, I'm not a scholar when it comes to Islamic studies but I know enough to debate Islam, Christianity and Judaism since I've studied it for couple of years to understand the differences.

There's a sura (chapter) in Qur'an called "Al-Baqra" where you can find detailed knowldge of the Paradise (Janna or Firdous in Arrabic). 72 virgins are mentioned as one of many blessing that await the the pure of heart, its never been the center of the muslim Universe (sorry to disappoint all Islamophobes here ;) )

The number is just a given, no one knows the meaning of it and I'm not sure if I should take it as litterly 72 virgins.
                            The virgins are also referred as "faires" in other parts of the Holy Book. So I take it with a pinch of salt, I'm sure God is not a nypho nor would he want me to become one if I ever make it to paradise which I'm sure I won't.

Not sure either what the reward will be for women, a virgin man isn't really a blessing for women I assume :))

Again its a minor detail of Paradise, not the center of our belief. 9/11 has given new meaning to it, its become a trademark and licence to kill for terrorist due attention from media and islamophobes. We have a tendency to concentrate on such issues in western fora, there's so much more Islam teaches about morale, hygene, health, honor, respect, patience, forgiveness, loyalty and faith, many aspects and virtues of daily life.

Unfortunately these aspects don't get our attention because they don't sell as good as the negative aspects and misconceptions about Islam.
                            Last edited by Neo; 14 Apr 08,, 21:25.

Comment

Neo Reply

Really nicely expressed sentiments. However, as we all worship one God, I was looking forward to my reward couched in western fora, if you don't mind- so seventy-two virgins seems just great for starters.

OOTH, I've not yet earned my reward in heavenly paradise and am unsure if I ever shall so I'll not hold my breath.;)

BTW- MUSE is an interesting character over on your board. A rising star, I'd say.
                              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
                              X