Cheney prepares the way to Tehran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheney prepares the way to Tehran?

Vice President Dick Cheney voiced concern Thursday that Israel may decide to act first against Iran to eliminate the possibility of a nuclear threat.

"If, in fact, the Israelis became convinced the Iranians had significant nuclear capability, given the fact that Iran has a stated policy that their objective is the destruction of Israel, the Israelis might well decide to act first, and let the rest of the world worry about cleaning up the diplomatic mess afterwards," Cheney said in an interview aired on MSNBC on the day that George W. Bush was sworn into office for his second term as president.

"You look around the world at potential trouble spots, Iran is right at the top of the list," Cheney said
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1106191077589

does this sound like approval?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Does substantiate the Defence Policy Guidance of Cheney that I wrote of in the Bsuh Spin thread.

Maybe one should read the link I wrote and then analyse the iraq war and the brouhaha connected with the same.
    Last edited by Ray; 21 Jan 05,, 08:48.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

That is approval. In fact the George Bush would love Israel to act first and i think they will within a month. Iran will declare war and the the USA will support Israel and the spotlight will not be on the USA it will be on Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando
        That is approval. In fact the George Bush would love Israel to act first and i think they will within a month. Iran will declare war and the the USA will support Israel and the spotlight will not be on the USA it will be on Israel.
        That is all wild speculation.

Comment

That Iraq would be attacked before the UN Inspectors finished their job was also a wild speculation, then.

The story turned out differently.

What is wrong if Israel attacks and the US supports? I would not shy away from that thought even if it is prudent to be politically correct.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            That Iraq would be attacked before the UN Inspectors finished their job was also a wild speculation, then.
            Red herring.

What is wrong if Israel attacks and the US supports? I would not shy away from that thought even if it is prudent to be politically correct.
            Straw man. Stop creating arguments of mine that do not exist.

Comment

Straw man. Stop creating arguments of mine that do not exist.
              Whatever makes you feel my personal opinion has to hang onto your coat tails?

A touch of the sun in winter? ;)

BTW, have you counted your replies of 'red hering' and 'wild speculation'?

Each one where you used could have been answered. But then as Bush said - it is damn hard work! ;)
              Last edited by Ray; 22 Jan 05,, 15:52.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Iran is next.

Disclaimer: Please do not take
                this to be anti-Middle East or
                anti-Islam. I am a Christian,
                and I recognize my sisterhood
                in the flesh with all humanity,
                as well as my sisterhood in
                spirit with my fellow Christians.
                Don't blanket this as anti-
                Americanism, either.
                In fact, I'm being very
                American!

Comment

Bomb Iran
                  (to the tune of "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys)

Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran.
                  Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, BOMB IRAN!
                  Let's take a stand, bomb Iran.
                  Our country's got a feelin'
                  Really hit the ceilin', bomb Iran.
                  Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.

Went to a mosque, gonna throw some rocks.
                  Tell the Ayatollah..."Gonna put you in a box!"
                  Bomb Iran. Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.

Ol' Uncle Sam's gettin' pretty hot.
                  Time to turn Iran into a parking lot. Bomb Iran.

Call the volunteers; call the bombadiers;
                  Call the financiers, better get their ass in gear.
                  Bomb Iran. Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.

Call on our allies to cut off their supplies,
                  Get our hands untied, and bring em' back alive. Bomb Iran.

Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.
                  Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, BOMB IRAN!
                  Let's take a stand, bomb Iran.
                  Our people you been stealin'
                  Now it's time for keelin', bomb Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                    does this sound like approval?
                    I approve...
                    Originally posted by Ray
                    Without Saddam's required cooperation there was no way for inspections to ever finish. It was an impossible task.
                    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                      Each one where you used could have been answered. But then as Bush said - it is damn hard work! ;)
                      Why should I waste my time answering logical fallacies? It has nothing to do with laziness. Logical fallacies are just as bad as out right lies. If someone posted nothing but lies, would you sit there and refute everyone? I hope not. They’ll just lie some more. The same is true of logical fallacies. If I refute them with facts as if they had a basis in logic, they would simply be followed by more logical fallacies. Therefore, I call them by their name and move on.

Comment

Its not all wild accuisations. The Big three of Europe are close to signing a deal with Iran for economic aid to stop their development of nuclear bombs. With this their the USA has shown no confidence and wants to take the tougher line. If anything this from the USA will bring Europe into taking a tougher line aswell and from that Israel will get edgy and on my belief will conduct preemptive strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities. The foreign policy of the USA will bring another unwanted war on.

Please leader don't try to deny this as wild acquisations.

Comment

Its not all wild accuisations. The Big three of Europe are close to signing a deal with Iran for economic aid to stop their development of nuclear bombs. With this their the USA has shown no confidence and wants to take the tougher line. If anything this from the USA will bring Europe into taking a tougher line aswell and from that Israel will get edgy and on my belief will conduct preemptive strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities. The foreign policy of the USA will bring another unwanted war on.

With the appeasement, giving in to extortion, you suggest, the war will still come, but against a much stronger enemy. How is the appeasement line of thought doing in North Korea?
                          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Its not all wild accuisations. The Big three of Europe are close to signing a deal with Iran for economic aid to stop their development of nuclear bombs.
                            No deal has been signed, and I wouldn't assume that one would be.

With this their the USA has shown no confidence
                            Nice to see you have confidence in the Iranians.

and wants to take the tougher line.
                            I would love the Euros to make a deal with the Iranians but only if it accomplishes getting them to stop developing nuclear weapons and is verifiable.

If anything this from the USA will bring Europe into taking a tougher line aswell
                            I doubt that.

and from that Israel will get edgy and on my belief will conduct preemptive strikes on Iran's nuclear facilities.
                            This isn't the wild speculation I was referring to.

This was:

In fact the George Bush would love Israel to act first
                            You know this how?

i think they will within a month
                            So now your part of Israel defense meetings. I see.

Iran will declare war
                            And do what? Whine? If they attack us in Iraq they will be defeated rather handedly. There would be plenty of US casualties, but the outcome is of little doubt. Iran’s leaders, unlike Saddam, are not delusional. They know that if they attack us in Iraq they have very little chance if any to come away still in power.

USA will support Israel
                            What exactly does this amount to? Bombing runs and air strikes. Not invasion and occupation.

spotlight will not be on the USA it will be on Israel.
                            Ha. Yeah right.

The foreign policy of the USA will bring another unwanted war on.
                            What the hell is "another?" The American people supported the war in Iraq.

I'm not denying anything. Your "arguments" speak for themselves.

Comment

Leader come on, so i don't support the USA on this so im supporting Iran is that how u see it.

Well ur being prejudice and i don't support either side.

Its common sense that George Bush would love Israel to strike first. The USA will have a reason to go to war with Iran that its people will understand to help its ally Israel out.

Comment

Working...
                              X