Good News.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News.

I got back from Selection yesterday and made it. I managed to get through the entire two days without getting myself into trouble, which is more than I can say for most, and I did pretty well on the run, back strength and lift tests, although I only managed four chin-ups because I'd been using the wrong technique. Some of the instructors sure were scary bastards, but there were some funny moments, for example one of the PTIs made the entire group sing the "Neighbours" theme song to teach me the lyrics (only British and Australian posters will appreciate the humour), and the team tasks were good fun, and I was very surprised by the quality of the food. At the end of the whole process I had an interview with a Major who gave me the good news, and I decided on the Royal Irish Regiment. So now I have to wait for the recruiters to get back to me so I can start sorting out dates, I'll be hoping to get some more time to work on my fitness, while I was among the best on the day, the "sample" of a typical PT session was more than enough to convince me that I am not fit enough to tackle the CIC as yet.

So, all in all, a good result.

Spoonman Reply

Outstanding!

Congratulations. CIC? Combat Infantryman's Course? It's a great second choice if you can't be a gunner.:))
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Congratulations , Spoonman !
      If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Well done, indeed! :) By all means keep up the fitness training while waiting for induction. It will put you in good stead.
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Good Job Spoonman, Best of luck for your future endevours

Comment

Lost another one the Royal I

Comment

Congratulations SpoonmaN! :)
              “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
              "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                Outstanding!

Congratulations. CIC? Combat Infantryman's Course? It's a great second choice if you can't be a gunner.:))
                Got it in one. And I'm not regretting the trade-off, seems like there were plenty of lads hoping to become gun bunnies but not many going to Infantry, I guess I can understand why but to me thats part of the appeal. Anyway it's good a good couple of days, cheers for all the tips gents.

Comment

SpoonMan Reply

Infantry leads. The rest of us follow...at a safe distance, I might add.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Well done indeed SpoonmaN..We did warn you to get fit didn't we;) You need upper body strength for the Inf so 50 press-ups morning and night should get you there..almost:)

Comment

Congrats Spoonman on selection, having been readin your posts on it for a while.........your mention of exercise has motivated me to start my flabby self on morning runs again.
                        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Outstanding! Well done and congratulations!
                          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                            Well done indeed SpoonmaN..We did warn you to get fit didn't we;) You need upper body strength for the Inf so 50 press-ups morning and night should get you there..almost:)
                            I have to work on my sprinting as well, I tend to take a while to speed up. I managed to come 5th out of 29 on the 2.4km run, it's just the little 20m dashes that catch me out.

Comment

Well done mate. All sounds too much like hard work for me.:))
                              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
                              X