This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will India Be Superpower Until 2020?

Hey everybody there, we known everything happening in and around INDIA.

do u think INDIA WILL BECOME A SUPERPOWER UNTIL 2020?
    YES
    25.00%
    NO
    75.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by tck; 04 Apr 08,, 08:49.
    tck
    neutral + humanitarian = peace

No
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Ummm...no.

I think you have the question reversed because India is not a superpower now.

Will India NOT be a superpower until 2020?

Even then the answer is still no. Maybe 2040 or 2050.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Nooo

Comment

And?

So F-ing what?
          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by tck
            gunnut,

pls explain, ur dollar has just touched the lowest level in asia
            First of all, I am an Indian and quite a bit of a nationalist but I am a realist. If you want to poll something, atleast write your question in proper grammer. The people you meet in THIS forum are educated wise men, I suggest you lay low and learn from them, We have lot a of military men retired and serving. If you want to ask silly questions, go to silly boards.

You are under-estimating the US, and they are our 'natural' allies. And you are severely over-estimating India's progess, we have far more problems and bottlenecks. We will need atleast 50 years, that is assuming everything goes according to plan. If you are asking about regional domination, then yes we are already a very powerful one, the top dog of South Asia and Indian Ocean(Bar USN)

I suggest you learn how this forum operates. I have spend nearly half a decade here.

Comment

Originally posted by tck
              gunnut,

pls explain, ur dollar has just touched the lowest level in asia
              Your question was

do u thing INDIA WILL BE A SUPERPOWER UNTIL 2020?
              That implies India IS a superpower right now, and you want to know if India can continue to be a superpower after 2020.

India is NOT a superpower right now. Let me assure you, we had this discussion before on this board already.

Will India become a superpower by 2020? No. That's just 12 years to develop your populace into a first world work force with the education, income, and skill level that rival western Europe, ABCANZ, and Japan. No offense to your wonderful people (I haven't encountered a single unpleasant Indian here yet), but that's a lot of work. You need to have the economic might to compete with China, Japan, USA, and Europe, within 12 years. You also need to have the military reach to meddle with other people like how the US and the UK can on a regular basis. Even China doesn't have the global reach of a UK in the twilight of its once glorious empire.

2040? Maybe. Depends on how optimistic you are. Maybe some Indian members here can present a more detailed analysis.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Adux View Post
                First of all, I am an Indian and quite a bit of a nationalist but I am a realist.
                i m sorry if i have hurted your sentiments.

If you want to poll something, atleast write your question in proper grammer.
                i regret for the typographical error, i have corrected it.

The people you meet in THIS forum are educated wise men, I suggest you lay low and learn from them, We have lot a of military men retired and serving.
                ok

If you want to ask silly questions, go to silly boards
                this not a silly question, i m an optimist. i just want to know yes or no.

And how? if yes and also if no.

I suggest you learn how this forum operates. I have spend nearly half a decade here
                yes, i will be learning from u all.
                tck

Comment

If the commies come to power, they will just declare her a superpower, :))

Comment

atleast write your question in proper grammer?

too fat?

'natural' allies? CA EU and JP hasn't speak yet. maybe thats your wish

half a decade? you seems join in 2 or three years ago, i beg you didnt get 0 in math when you are in grade school. dont try to pretend be an old bird and 教训
                    your compatriot
                    Last edited by james_chen; 04 Apr 08,, 10:12.

Comment

tck,

My final post on this thread,
                      Infrastructure, babudom, lack of political will and anti-national forces such as the communist

Comment

Originally posted by james_chen View Post
                        atleast write your question in proper grammer?

too fat?

'natural' allies? EU and JP hasn't speak yet. maybe thats your wish
                        Its called freedom, democracy, ideals, economics and seculairsm. And you are not a person who should be preaching to others on English Grammer.
                        Last edited by Adux; 04 Apr 08,, 08:58.

Comment

Its called freedom, democracy, ideals, economics and secualirsm. And you are not a person who should be preaching to others on English Grammer.

sorry about that, but whats secualirsm? whats "grammer",
                          hope you are making a joke,
                          i am not good at speak, but i can check the words in the dictionary.
                          Be humble

secularism?
                          Last edited by james_chen; 04 Apr 08,, 09:17.

Comment

Japan is number 2 in the world in GDP,we do not call Japan even a regional power.After gaining independence America won against Spain,Mexico,two world wars and many small battles to become a super power.To maintain this status we spend 500-600 billions annually on defence.If India can do all that in next 13 years,sure it will be called a super power in 2020.

-->>this was chosen as best answer in yahoo.

sounds true
                            tck

Comment

Home > News > Specials

The Rediff Special

October 15, 2004

On the occasion of President A P J Abdul Kalam's 73rd birthday, rediff.com invited readers' views on how the President's vision to make India a superpower by the year 2020 can be achieved. Here are some of the best received so far...

Reform the youth

Wish you a very happy birthday sir!

Rediff.com has invited people to write to you to help you realise your dream to make India a superpower by 2020.

I thought I would use this opportunity to pour my feelings about the state that India is in right now.

A few questions and answers emerge in my mind whenever I think about our country:

Do we have money? Yes we do.

Do we have power? Yes we do.

Do we have knowledge? Yes we do.

Do we have resources in every sense of the word? Yes we do.

Do we have suffering? Yes we do.

Do we have fights and killings? Yes we do.

Are men getting avaricious day by day? Yes they are.

Do children, women and the aged still feel insecure? Yes they do.

So what is the conclusion?

People are becoming selfish. They no longer want to think of their country. All they want is to acquire lots of money by any means. People want to enjoy life, even at the expense of others.

Professionals who have gone abroad don't want to come back to India. Highly paid professionals in India want to earn, save money and find different ways to avoid income tax. They feel paying tax is akin to being robbed. Government offices are busy competing with private offices for salary hikes. There is no sense of oneness.

Today's young people are exposed to sex, violence, drinks, drugs and money. If we believe these young people are the country's future, we have to think again.

The key lies in making the youth more aware of its roots. If you can make the youth think about the country more and not about itself, India will become a superpower. And we needn't wait till 2020.
                              --------------------------

Its just 2 yrs back when this was on mail and today this year (08) our GDP is targeted at 9%.

Can we really become a superpower until 2020?
                              tck

Comment

Working...
                              X