"Killing Fields" Survivor dies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Killing Fields" Survivor dies.

I have always admired this man,may he rest in peace. Subject of 'Killing Fields' dies of cancer - CNN.com
    The story of the brutalities and genocide committed by the Khmer Rouge upon the population of Cambodia is an incredible and appaling portion of Southeast Asia's history that is often forgotten but it seems that some semblance of justice may prevail eventually. Cambodia genocide trial under way - CNN.com
    Last edited by Shamus; 31 Mar 08,, 00:37. Reason: added link
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Wow - this is weird, I just finished reading THIS MORNING ------ Children of Cambodia's Killing Fields - Memoirs by Survivors. Compiled by Dith Pran
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

I saw the movie "Killing Fields" and will never forget the tragedy the Cambodians went through. May Dith Pran rest in peace!

My mom and I were talking tonight and she mentioned meeting Lakhina L. Brown at her church the other night. Lakhina is also a survivor of the Killing Fields. She was just 6 years old when she fled Cambodia. She has written a book called "Through the Fields of Grace" that I plan on reading!
      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X