• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FullTank View Post
    Something to lighten up meanwhile: Comedian on Christianity and Islam

Great post, more like these are needed!

Comment

• I have read many of these posts (2-3 hours spend), would like to read them all, but honestly time is limited. I originally ignored this post because I thought it was about a movie.

After watching the video, and reading many of the posts here, my first reaction was WOW! Some of the people posting here are truly scary. Written statements can easily be written on message boards, in a way that their meaning does not come out the right way, not in the way the writer intended them; but with many of the posts on this topic there is no confusion, they are overwhelming with their ignorance, racism and hate.

The truth and propaganda of the video concern me. But just as alarming is the ignorance and hate here. Please read some history, history from several different sources, read some news from different sources do not use Fox News, Al-Jazeera, or Air America as you only source. Please read and try to think of things from a different perspective.

This criticism is not universal, and I will not call out specific individuals, but there have been enough bad posts here that I felt what I had to say is needed.

Got to stop typing, way past my bed time, good night (good morning, good day)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
        Oh really? Thats probably the most ignorant thing i've heard in my life. When you ask ANY muslim with ANY background what they are, they will say "I am MUSLIM first, and then Saudi/Pakistani/Canadian etc" So you can't say they don't represent a nation, because in their hearts there are no nations, its muslims and the rest.

It's kind've surprising that the sunni people/countries stick with the sunnies, and shiit'es stick with shiit'es.

Saudis > AQ
        Iran > Hezbollah
        You don't know what you are talking about. Muslim countries have their own armies and it just shows how ignorant YOU are when you think most Muslims consider al-Qaeda or Hezbollah their army. This thread's full of sweeping generalizations and you can't do that when talking about 1.2 billion people.

Comment

• Ameer you claim not to be a muslim, but you have muslim name and your loyalities are quite evident, why hide?

Comment

• Originally posted by ameer View Post
            You don't know what you are talking about. Muslim countries have their own armies and it just shows how ignorant YOU are when you think most Muslims consider al-Qaeda or Hezbollah their army. This thread's full of sweeping generalizations and you can't do that when talking about 1.2 billion people.
            I wonder who generalizes the rest of us as Infidels, or lower than one certain religion. Americans get lumped into one generalization all the time, where's your outcry then? Why doesn't anyone stick up for the common american making an honest living? An american who just goes about his daily routines, not bothering anyone, how are they war crazy or "intruders" ????

You can change subjects, just as I can change subjects. The matter still remains, a muslim is a muslim first and thats all.

Comment

I wonder who generalizes the rest of us as Infidels, or lower than one certain religion. Americans get lumped into one generalization all the time, where's your outcry then? Why doesn't anyone stick up for the common american making an honest living? An american who just goes about his daily routines, not bothering anyone, how are they war crazy or "intruders" ????

You can change subjects, just as I can change subjects. The matter still remains, a muslim is a muslim first and thats all.
              I tried to make this same point earlier, just a different wording. I guess no one got it because no comment was made about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                I tried to make this same point earlier, just a different wording. I guess no one got it because no comment was made about it.
                Nah, its cuz everyone got it, couldn't debate what you wrote :)

Comment

• Mobbme:

What on earth are you on about?

You could make an argument that Iran supports Hezbollah, and if you agree that they are a terrorist organization, then you could argue that the Iranians supported them - not "all Muslims".

The debate over whether AQ is supported by Saudi Arabia is not a "done deal". Saudi Arabia has itself been fighting a wave of terrorism and arresting and killing AQ operatives. But even if we assume that they are supporting AQ, then how does that translate to "All Muslims"?

You really have nothing but straw man arguments.
                  Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
                  https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

• TFT poll in Pakistan
                    Significantly, if Al Qaeda were on the ballot as a political party in the February 18th election, only 1 percent of Pakistanis would vote for them. (The Taliban would draw just 3 percent of the vote.)

Favorable opinions of Al Qaeda and the Taliban in the North-West Frontier Province have dropped to single digits.

Pakistanis See their Country Moving in the Wrong Direction; Democracy and Economy Highest Priorities

Overall, 82 percent of Pakistanis see their country headed in the wrong direction.
                    Ensuring an independent judiciary, free elections, a free press and improving the
                    Pakistani economy were their most important priorities—while support for
                    defeating Al Qaeda, Taliban and other Jihadi groups nearly doubled as a priority
                    from August.

Support for Al Qaeda (jan 2008): 18 %

Support for Taliban (jan 2008): 19 %

Local Pakistani Radical/Jihadi/Extremist Groups: 6 - 24%

OBL - 24%
                    Survey challenges myths about Islam - World - theage.com.au

So how are Hezbollah and AQ "armies representing Muslims"?

Some Muslims perhaps, not all.
                    Last edited by Agnostic Muslim; 14 Apr 08,, 19:45.
                    Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah

Comment

• Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
                      Mobbme:

What on earth are you on about?

You could make an argument that Iran supports Hezbollah, and if you agree that they are a terrorist organization, then you could argue that the Iranians supported them - not "all Muslims".

The debate over whether AQ is supported by Saudi Arabia is not a "done deal". Saudi Arabia has itself been fighting a wave of terrorism and arresting and killing AQ operatives. But even if we assume that they are supporting AQ, then how does that translate to "All Muslims"?

You really have nothing but straw man arguments.

Ok, i'll make it easier for you, lets take this one at a time, lets focus on Pakistan. The MAJORITY of your country voted AGAINST Musharaff, did they not? No matter what Musharaff did, he DID support the war on terror, did he not? Every terrorist that was captured or killed, Pakistanis in the thousands protested AGAINST Musharaff. And check this, the newly appointed President of Pakistan wants to NEGOTIATE with the terrorists, the President you all elected. Terrorists deserve to be killed and should be killed, but your President thinks otherwise. It was YOUR majority that voted em in, because the MAJORITY was against the war on terror and despised Musharaff for turning against the terrorists. All these points are true and in plain english, so if you're not from the planet Uranus you'll understand what i'm saying.

Whats funny is, you can't find a single line or sentence of me saying "all muslims are terrorists." Its just funny when i'm accused of something I didn't say and don't believe, but its so easy to keep going ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
                        TFT poll in Pakistan

Survey challenges myths about Islam - World - theage.com.au

So how are Hezbollah and AQ "armies representing Muslims"?

Some Muslims perhaps, not all.
                        You and I both know theres a big difference of speaking outloud, and what your intentions really are. I can say "I don't support Bush", but in reality im rooting for him. For example, before Bush's 2nd term you couldn't find one person on the street to say "i'm voting for bush" to the camera, but he kicked a$$ in the polls :))

Comment

• I remember the time when Americans were hit on 9/11, and there were videos shown all over the net with muslims celebrating and screaming out allah. The irony behind all this is, its the Americans that are trying to save the Palestinians the most. Rice, Bush, even sniper Cheney all went to the middle east and were forcing Israel and Palestinians for peace. Where are the rest of the muslims or muslim countries? Oh wait, they don't recognize Israel, so there can't be peace can there?

Comment

Ok, i'll make it easier for you, lets take this one at a time, lets focus on Pakistan. The MAJORITY of your country voted AGAINST Musharaff, did they not? No matter what Musharaff did, he DID support the war on terror, did he not? Every terrorist that was captured or killed, Pakistanis in the thousands protested AGAINST Musharaff. And check this, the newly appointed President of Pakistan wants to NEGOTIATE with the terrorists, the President you all elected. Terrorists deserve to be killed and should be killed, but your President thinks otherwise. It was YOUR majority that voted em in, because the MAJORITY was against the war on terror and despised Musharaff for turning against the terrorists. All these points are true and in plain english, so if you're not from the planet Uranus you'll understand what i'm saying.
                            Your argument has already been debunked by the polls I posted, nd this are not isolated, this has been a trend with larger and larger majorities condemning terrorists and terrorism.

Pakistan's political climate and the elections were a lot more complicated and with a multiplicity of factors in play to simply chalk down to "support for terrorism".

Read some of the threads, if there are any here, in the political affairs section, South Asian section or go to PFF or some other Pakistani forum to understand the political dynamics of Pakistan.
                            Whats funny is, you can't find a single line or sentence of me saying "all muslims are terrorists." Its just funny when i'm accused of something I didn't say and don't believe, but its so easy to keep going ;)
                            Read your your last four or five posts. If not all, then you are implying a majority, which you make clear in the initial part of this post. The implication is clear, and whether it is "all" or a "majority", it is an invalid argument.
                            Last edited by Agnostic Muslim; 14 Apr 08,, 19:56.

Comment

You and I both know theres a big difference of speaking outloud, and what your intentions really are. I can say "I don't support Bush", but in reality im rooting for him. For example, before Bush's 2nd term you couldn't find one person on the street to say "i'm voting for bush" to the camera, but he kicked a$$ in the polls :))
                              So your argument essentially boils down to "since I am a hypocrite, most Musims are too".

You may be a hypocrite - I am not (as humanly possible), nor are most of the Muslims I have met.
                              Last edited by Agnostic Muslim; 14 Apr 08,, 20:37.

Comment

Working...
                              X