Barack Obama echoes of Nelson Mandela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack Obama echoes of Nelson Mandela

I have always made clear my dislike of Hillary Clinton and my support for Barack Obama.

To my mind he would change the mood of the planet - for the better :

Thought Leader » Michael Trapido » Barack Obama echoes Mandela: The rainbow nation address

No question - he reminds me of Nelson Mandela.

If it's not Obama then let it be McCain....if not anything within the animal kingdom save HC!

With you 100%. Free societies are measured by their democracy. When whole groups feel excluded, for whatever reason, there are problems. Institutional racism eradicated, the battle for a more democratic society turns proactive, and not, as Barack said, with banal corporate solutions like affirmative action. Its fought during simple intercourses which blacks and whites that denounce racism avoid too often. They should turn that on its head. My gen. is less guilty of this, but the older people get the more avoidant they are of each other. Why is that? People gotta, as you said in so many words, ditch the anglo passive aggressivism and dive in headfirst into each other's cultures. Barack has miraculously struck a middle point between white and black America where the two (at least, white Democrats) can meet.

Buddy Chaz Kangas
    Last edited by FibrillatorD; 22 Mar 08,, 10:38.

Comment

Fibri this is an opportunity that must not be missed. It offers hope not only to you guys but the planet. (White, Jewish, South African male).

Comment

Since when is America only about Black, and White? What about the rest of the people? Is Black, and White coming together the only thing that matters to you liberal wackos?

Comment

[QUOTE=FibrillatorD;472781] People gotta, as you said in so many words, ditch the anglo passive aggressivism and dive in headfirst into each other's cultures.

Have you been experimenting with chemical substances, Fibrillator? Your quote is unadulterated gibberish! First off you are sneering at 'anglos', and by this I can only assume white people. What's your problem then? Then you introduce the extraordinary 'passive agressivism' which is gobbledegook in any language. Agressive passivity, anyone? Diving headfirst into other peoples cultures may attract you, but could cause a lot of resentment by the other culture. Don't believe me? Go to (say) Saudi Arabia and try it out there!
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Uncle Glyn don't hold back - say what you really want to say... :0)

Comment

Originally posted by Traps View Post
              Uncle Glyn don't hold back - say what you really want to say... :0)
              Yes, my typical understating of my case needs to be corrected.

Comment

<Reading the above, clapping hands in mindless rapture & bleating "Yes we CAN"....>

Comment

[QUOTE=glyn;472790]
                  Originally posted by FibrillatorD View Post
                  Have you been experimenting with chemical substances, Fibrillator? Your quote is unadulterated gibberish! First off you are sneering at 'anglos', and by this I can only assume white people. What's your problem then? Then you introduce the extraordinary 'passive agressivism' which is gobbledegook in any language. Agressive passivity, anyone? Diving headfirst into other peoples cultures may attract you, but could cause a lot of resentment by the other culture. Don't believe me? Go to (say) Saudi Arabia and try it out there!
                  Who said anything about Saudi Arabia. Glyn I could point you to blocks in this city where white families and black families have lived next door to each for years and haven't exchanged housekeys. The snubbery is pandemic. Are you too old to see this?

Comment

If Obama is so much like Mandela, then I think he should conduct himself accordingly --retire. :))

Comment

[QUOTE=FibrillatorD;472817]
                      Originally posted by glyn View Post

Who said anything about Saudi Arabia. Glyn I could point you to blocks in this city where white families and black families have lived next door to each for years and haven't exchanged housekeys. The snubbery is pandemic. Are you too old to see this?
                      Where I used to live in Shanghai, we (all Chinese) and our neighbors were content not to exchange insults. Scratch that, we did, all the time. But, I guess that's what happens when you share a bathroom with an entire family that you have no relation to. :))

Comment

In South Africa we share blocks, suburbs etc etc

But the divide is still strong unfortunately.

Comment

[QUOTE=FibrillatorD;472817]
                          Originally posted by glyn View Post

Too old? Yes, very probably. There are times when the perverse antics of this world wearies me. Exchanged housekeys? No, I've never done that.

Comment

[QUOTE=citanon;472821]
                            Originally posted by FibrillatorD View Post

Where I used to live in Shanghai, we (all Chinese) and our neighbors were content not to exchange insults. Scratch that, we did, all the time. But, I guess that's what happens when you share a bathroom with an entire family that you have no relation to. :))
                            Where I used to live the Finnish immigrant couple across the street and the white family to our north had spare sets. The black neighbors to our south did not.

Comment

Spare keys? In South Africa it's not the door you have to get past it's the moat you have to swim through.....

Comment

Working...
                              X