Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indigenously Developed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Successfully Tested

Indigenously Developed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Successfully Tested

RAWALPINDI, MARCH 20: Pakistan successfully conducted a final test flight of its indigenously developed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) “Uqab”. The Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, senior Armed Forces Officers and Scientists witnessed the test. The flight data collected indicates that all design parameters have been successfully validated. The performance of the UAV “Uqaab” can be compared to any of modern state of the art UAV in its category. Today’s successful flight test was preceded by a series of trials in 2007.

The successful flight test is a reflection of Pakistan’s technical prowess in the field of UAV technology and a tribute to the dedication and professionalism of the scientists and engineers. It also reflects Pakistan’s continued efforts for self reliance in the field of defence. The COAS congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success and said that they had shown their versatile capabilities by delivering on a new and complex technology of UAVs. This would go a long way in strengthening Pakistan’s defence.

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani being briefed about indigenously developed Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) “Uqaab” on Thursday (20-3-2008) Photo ISPR.

Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani with the project team on the occasion of final test flight of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) “Uqaab” on Thursday (20-3-2008) Photo ISPR.

A view of final test flight of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) “Uqaab” on Thursday (20-3-2008) Photo ISPR.

ISPR Press Release -6 Mar 2008

I will post technical data as soon as it comes available. :)

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me that the armies of the world is touting a toy that peeping toms have been using for decades.

Comment

Nice, but it looks like PLA's ASN206 for some reason.
        Attached Files
        “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

lol, Pakistani's crack me up

Comment

Well stop laughing. I've always said that I don't care where my rifle comes from. Just get it into my hands, I figure out what to do and what not to do. Well, the Pakistanis got a new toy in their hands. Do you know the implications of that? Intead of laughing where that toy came from?

Comment

Originally posted by Adux View Post
              lol, Pakistani's crack me up
              A country develops building capabilities one step at a time. Even India's first airrcraft, HF-24 wasn't an entirely Indian design; it was designed by Kurt Tank, a German engineer.
              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Sir,

Nothing wrong with using that comes from any country as long as it works. But atleast show the manners and courtesy of giving credit where it is due.
                My only point. Call me baised, I have never seen Pakistani program doing that yet, which we all have traced routes back to North Korea or China. I was laughing at ol'habit painting everything green getting an afghan name - then claiming it indengineous.

Adu

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                  A country develops building capabilities one step at a time. Even India's first airrcraft, HF-24 wasn't an entirely Indian design; it was designed by Kurt Tank, a German engineer.
                  Tell me one Indian publication or Indian Governmental organization who has not given credit to Kurt Tank.

Comment

Well i dont think one can say that the particular UAV in question is copied design, thats a particularly common design for UAVs (even the one aviation enthusiasts use).

I think the game is in the senors it can carry and use simultaneously, the time it can stay in the air.
                    The level of autonomous capability and data links will be another (Line-of-Sight, airborne data relay, Ground-based data relay, Satellite communication)

As such, with out the sensors a UAV is as good as the amazing Chinese flying toys (they are really a bargain).
                    Hence better wait for the specs to come out before commenting.

However if the endurance is good and Pakistani firms can source the sensors from foreign suppliers, this will still be a more cost effective option then buying the whole thing.

Comment

Integrated Dynamics or ID, a private company in Pakistan has produced and sucessfully exported a number of UAV's to countries like Libya and USA (20 Border Eagles in 2004).

Check the official website: INTEGRATED DYNAMICS :: A Complete UAV Solution Provider

BORDER EAGLE MK II

The BORDER EAGLE is a low cost, low altitude surveillance system ideal for multi-mission capabilities.

Manufactured currently in its MK-II version, it is designed for area surveillance and perimeter control. It has autonomous navigation capabilities with complete mission recording on a Laptop PC moving map display.

With an endurance in excess of 3 hours, and its GSP-100 micro-PTZ gyro-stabilized electro-optic payload, it can be equipped for advanced detection tasks.

Detachable fuselage pods provide easy installation of varied payloads. The system is easily maintainable and a two-man crew is required for operations and deployment.

A complete system consists of 4 UAV’s; a portable GCS-1200 Ground Control Station; the ATPS-1200 Antenna Tracking & Positioning System; programming and moving map mission display software; Spares and the GSE-1200 Ground Support Equipment subsystem.

VECTOR

The VECTOR UAV system caters to the medium-sized UAV/RPV market. The VECTOR system offers modularity, ruggedness and accessibility that is second to none in field operations. With payload capabilities in the 40 kg range, and a nominal price tag, the competitive edge is obvious. The VECTOR airframes use bullet-proof Kevlar molded fuselage pans, Kevlar/Graphite reinforced equipment bays and side stress panels and high-tensile steel aramid-reinforced landing gears. A variety of payloads can be supported with the available onboard power supplies.

The VECTOR UAV systems were specially developed to cover a customer requirement for a family of modular composite airframes that could provide tactical surveillance capabilities in the 160-200 km range. Based on a classical twin-boom pusher layout, the aircraft can be equipped with a variety of stock or modified power plants, including tuned-exhaust and belt-driven modifications. All models support real-time video and data modules and flight avionics for at least 200 km LOS range applications.

A complete system consists of 4 UAV’s; a GCS-2000 Ground Control Station; the ATPS-2000 Antenna Tracking & Positioning System; programming and moving map mission display software; Spares and the GSE-2000 Ground Support Equipment subsystem.

SHADOW MK I

The SHADOW UAV system caters to the medium-sized UAV/RPV market. The SHADOW system offers modularity, ruggedness and accessibility that is second to none in field operations. With payload capabilities in the 40 kg range, and a nominal price tag, the competitive edge is obvious. The SHADOW airframes use bullet-proof Kevlar molded fuselage pans, Kevlar/Graphite reinforced equipment bays and side stress panels and high-tensile steel aramid-reinforced landing gears. A variety of payloads can be supported with the available onboard power supplies.

The SHADOW UAV systems were specially developed to cover a customer requirement for a family of modular composite airframes that could provide tactical surveillance capabilities in the 160-200 km range. Based on a classical twin-boom pusher layout, the aircraft can be equipped with a variety of stock or modified power plants, including tuned-exhaust and belt-driven modifications. All models support real-time video and data modules and flight avionics for at least 200 km LOS range applications.

A complete system consists of 4 UAV’s; a GCS-2000 Ground Control Station; the ATPS-2000 Antenna Tracking & Positioning System; programming and moving map mission display software; Spares and the GSE-2000 Ground Support Equipment subsystem.

NISHAN MK II

The NISHAN MK-II is part of the INTEGRATED DYNAMICS HS-UAV series of high - speed aerial targets/decoys representing the next generation of air defense training and simulation systems.

The NISHAN MK-II is piston-engine powered with a 240 cc powerplant. Proven over many hours of field use, the airframes demonstrate a high degree of modularity, and common features that allow interchangeability of parts and easy interface of payloads and operational electronics. Electronic payloads and subsystems include video, GPS navigation, MDI systems, height lock, and sea-skimming modules.

A complete system consists of 10 UAV’s; a portable GCS-1200 Ground Control Station; the ATPS-1200 Antenna Tracking & Positioning System; programming and moving map mission display software; Spares and the GSE-1200 Ground Support Equipment subsystem.

NISHAN TJ-1000

The NISHAN TJ-1000 is part of the INTEGRATED DYNAMICS HS-UAV series of high - speed aerial targets/decoys representing the next generation of air defense training and simulation systems.

The TJ1000 has a mini-turbojet engine and its thrust-to-weight ratio and performance make it a unique system. The airframes are modular and common features allow interchangeability of parts and easy interface of payloads and operational electronics. Electronic payloads and subsystems include video, GPS navigation, MDI systems, height lock, and sea-skimming modules.

A complete system consists of 6 UAV’s; a portable GCS-1200 Ground Control Station; the ATPS-1200 Antenna Tracking & Positioning System; programming and moving map mission display software; Spares and the GSE-1200 Ground Support Equipment subsystem.

Comment

Off-topic but quite interesting...
                        Main Page - Paparazzi

I miss my coding and engineering skills....:(

Comment

Adux Reply:

My only point. Call me baised, I have never seen Pakistani program doing that yet, which we all have traced routes back to North Korea or China. I was laughing at ol'habit painting everything green getting an afghan name - then claiming it indengineous.
                          To paraphrase OOE - if it drives, shoots, flies, bombs, explodes, and we can make enough to keep foiling the "grand designs" of "Operation Parakaram's", "Cold Starts", and potentially Mehsud and company.

I really have no issue with where it comes from or who we give credit to, or not.

You have an issue with that?

Sue us.
                          Last edited by Agnostic Muslim; 22 Mar 08,, 03:33.
                          Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
                          https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

I think he has an issue with calling foreign made stuff "indigenously made". You can buy all the weapons you want from foreign countries, but at least don't try to fool everyone by calling them "indigenous".

Comment

Originally posted by gamercube View Post
                              I think he has an issue with calling foreign made stuff "indigenously made". You can buy all the weapons you want from foreign countries, but at least don't try to fool everyone by calling them "indigenous".
                              To paraphrase OOE - if it drives, shoots, flies, bombs, explodes, and we can make enough to keep foiling the "grand designs" of "Operation Parakaram's", "Cold Starts", and potentially Mehsud and company - I really have no issue with where it comes from or who we give credit to, or not.

Sue us.
                              Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
                              https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

Working...
                              X