Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket

Streaker no match for Symonds - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au

You know, I just don't get the subtleties of cricket...but after seeing this I could learn to!!!

My only question is why didn't he use the bat?
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Because using the willow to hit a willie is just not cricket :))
    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Chirps?

*cricket*
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Symonds came down the wicket and played a blocking shot to silly mid-on. What's not to understand?
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

3/34.. gotta take out the frustration on someone.. :P

Heres for the ones ho missed the match: YouTube - Andrew Symonds Takes Out Streaker at the Gabba.

God, what a series! :))
          Last edited by Tronic; 05 Mar 08,, 04:26.
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            Symonds came down the wicket and played a blocking shot to silly mid-on. What's not to understand?
            And then he bowled a "********" which is a "googly" bowled by a left handed bowler.........I really do not understand the problem people have with such a simple game
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Why is C-h-i-n-a-m-a-n censored
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

I remember reading in another thread that the chinese members of the board consider it to be a derogatory term.
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                  I remember reading in another thread that the chinese members of the board consider it to be a derogatory term.
                  Ok what shall I call them ? the options are far more derogatary
                  sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                    Why is C-h-i-n-a-m-a-n censored
                    Sgt-Maj,

The term was 1st raised about the number of dead buried on the Trans-Canada railway. The original Chinese, meaning those who came to build the railway, understood the term to be meant that their lives were cheaper on par with the rail posts that they were laying.

BUT you will not find most China-Chinese knowing that.

The term China man is offensive to my father's and grandfather's generation for the reason I stated. Chinese lives were worth on par with the wood that they laid.

I find it even more offensive that Hong Kong Chinese and new China Chinese raise a fuss about being called a China man without understanding what my forefathers have fought to gain respect.

To the rest of you, it is akin that a newly arrived African taking offense being called a nig-ger without understanding what that term means to the blacks borned of slave Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      Sgt-Maj,

The term was 1st raised about the number of dead buried on the Trans-Canada railway. The original Chinese, meaning those who came to build the railway, understood the term to be meant that their lives were cheaper on par with the rail posts that they were laying.

BUT you will not find most China-Chinese knowing that.

The term China man is offensive to my father's and grandfather's generation for the reason I stated. Chinese lives were worth on par with the wood that they laid.

I find it even more offensive that Hong Kong Chinese and new China Chinese raise a fuss about being called a China man without understanding what my forefathers have fought to gain respect.

To the rest of you, it is akin that a newly arrived African taking offense being called a nig-ger without understanding what that term means to the blacks borned of slave Americans.
                      Thank you Sir, but I do not understand the colleration between lives lost and being called a China man? I am an English man as you are a Canadian man.......... should it be Chinese man?.............the term "nig-ger" I know to be offensive as it referse to a Afrikan or Afrikan American...........but to be called an Afrikan man is that offensive to ?
                      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                        Thank you Sir, but I do not understand the colleration between lives lost and being called a China man?
                        As you should not, being an Englishman. As I stated, the derogatory term is only a North American context. In fact, the China Chinese call themselves Zhong Guo Ren (litteral translation: Central Kingdom Person or more appropriate transation - China man).

The term China man earned its negative cogitations during the building of the trans-Canada and trans-America railways for the very reason I've stated. In fact, the phrase was "There's one dead China-man for every mile of rail" and for my previous generations, it was a cost not acknowledged nor appreciated.

Comment

What a series, Aussie's got the trashing they deserve....

Comment

Symonds had a Pink cover on his bats handle.

:))

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
                              Symonds had a Pink cover on his bats handle.

:))
                              Yes, it actually signifies his support for a particular breast cancer charity, kuku!

Opening bat Matthew Hayden often does the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X