Ahmadinajad Calls Iran Number One World Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmadinajad Calls Iran Number One World Power

Do we really want this guy to have a nuclear weapon?

FOXNews.com - Ahmadinejad Calls Iran World's 'Number One' Power, Attacks Domestic Critics - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

The world's greatest superpower is not the United States ... or Russia ... or China, says Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It's Iran.

"Iran is the number one power in the world," Ahmadinejad said Thursday in a speech to the families of those killed in his country's war with Iraq more than 20 years ago.

"Today the name of Iran means a firm punch in the teeth of the powerful and it puts them in their place," the president said in an address broadcast live on state television, AFP reported.

He also launched a new assault on critics within his country who he says are siding with the enemy.

On Wednesday, Iran's top nuclear negotiator, Hassan Rowhani, attacked Ahmadinejad's foreign policy, accusing him of using "course slogans and grandstanding."

"You can see how some people here... try to materialize the plans of the enemies and by showing that Iran is small and the enemy is big," Ahmadinejad said.

The president's comments came amid renewed U.N. Security Council efforts to agree on sanctions against Tehran over its refusal to suspend nuclear activities, AFP reported.

Ahmadinejad insisted that Iran is winning the standoff over its atomic program.

Ahmadinejad is expected to travel to Iraq this weekend in the first visit by an Iranian president to the neighboring country. The two nations waged a costly war between 1980

Sorry for double-post :(

Comment

Well.................I guess if he's still in the mind-set of the 1900's to the 1920's!!?????? The only thing I can think of is..................."LET A MAN DREAM!!"........:)) :)) :))

Comment

What is the real power this guy commands in his own country?

I met with some Iranians back in the university days in Delhi, they seemed to be very rational, this chap is just making his countrymen look stupid.

What is it with him, USA takes down the guys(Saddam-Taliban-Al Q) they would have loved to behead and they are still angry.

Let it go, Iran has some oil and gas enough to give a nice boost, the location is not bad either, a stable Iraq will add on to their situation, the future for Iran can be really good, if they want it too, its just sad to see them go down this path, the people deserve better.

Comment

It should not have been saddam but rather Iranians, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Syrians and Pakistan. That is the real WoT.

Comment

I feel so bad for countries that have "STATE CONTROLLED MEDIA"!
            I feel embarrassed for those people who think that their old technology is the best in the world, just because their government tells them so.
            If only they could see how the world really is!!..............Well........maybe not! This planet is pretty messed up right now, but.........
            It makes me wonder if people from Iran, North Korea, etc........even know that a man landed on the moon?? If they know how life is in other countries!?

Comment

Well considering the amount of chaps that go into the UFO fan clubs and those weird religious groups (whats that scientology or something) i would not worry about the people who do not know about the man landing on that moon. Most of them are just trying to make it through the day.

Watching the TV makes me realize this, it does not matter who controls the media, commercial control is no better.

Yes Iranians deserve a government that used the resources they have to do good for the people, and does not seem so eager of inviting a full blown attack.that being said this Iranian form of government is still better the last one, at least it connects more with the people.

I just hope people raise up and be counted, if they want change, no one can stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
                Well considering the amount of chaps that go into the UFO fan clubs and those weird religious groups (whats that scientology or something) i would not worry about the people who do not know about the man landing on that moon. Most of them are just trying to make it through the day.

Watching the TV makes me realize this, it does not matter who controls the media, commercial control is no better.

Yes Iranians deserve a government that used the resources they have to do good for the people, and does not seem so eager of inviting a full blown attack.that being said this Iranian form of government is still better the last one, at least it connects more with the people.

I just hope people raise up and be counted, if they want change, no one can stop them.
                There was a college/university student protest a few years back in Tehran that was crushed by the Revolutionary Guard, the VEVAK and the national police force whatever it is called in Iran ("Islamic Revolutionary Police" I believe).

Comment

I think this has happened before, protesters beaten up and detained by Iranian security services in massive numbers, did not end up do nice for the people in charge (however more factors were involved back then).
                  Still hope they(Iranians) get some sane people into government.

Comment

Working...
                  X