Obama Sweeps Caucuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Sweeps Caucuses

In the caucus results tonight, Barack Obama has won the states of Louisiana, Nebraska, and Washington by a healthy margin. He'll now likely take the delegate lead.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    In the caucus results tonight, Barack Obama has won the states of Louisiana, Nebraska, and Washington by a healthy margin. He'll now likely take the delegate lead.
    It was widely expected by everyone... including the Clinton camp.

Comment

We're doomed....dooooooooooooomed!!!
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

He's going to sweep on "Potomac Tuesday" too... but I think Clinton will make a hard come back later on in the big states to come.

Comment

He's going to sweep on "Potomac Tuesday" too... but I think Clinton will make a hard come back later on in the big states to come.
          Virginia? I think not. DC is a shoo in. MD? Possibly if the DC suburbs (Montgomery and Prince Georges counties) have a large turnout.
          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            We're doomed....dooooooooooooomed!!!
            What's Obama's Achilles Heel in your humble opinion? :)

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
              His complete lack of substance, accomplishments, and concrete policy proposals.

Comment

And the fact that he is one of the (if not the) most liberal senators in congress. He may claim to be a great unifier, but if he does get elected it will be he, more than any other factor, that gives the legislature back to Republicans.

Comment

That's thinking man's stuff. Let me restate the question. What is there about him that would turn off young voters and women?

Those constituencies are responsible for the edge he's getting in the primaries. You can't come at them with issue stuff unless it's plain as the nose on your face. You almost have to reveal some personal aspects, like bad breath or dirty underwear, to turn off young people. Ech.:))

Comment

In my humble and worthless opinion, I think his church is his greatest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by lwarmonger View Post
                      And the fact that he is one of the (if not the) most liberal senators in congress. He may claim to be a great unifier, but if he does get elected it will be he, more than any other factor, that gives the legislature back to Republicans.
                      If he gets elected...yes, but by then it will be too late to consider how he mght be defeated.

Comment

But his supporters, who value energy, youth, change, and the rock star image don't give a flying rats ass about anything you mentioned.

Comment

In my humble and worthless opinion, I think his church is his greatest problem.
                          Ah, an interesting thought. How so?

Comment

But his supporters, who value energy, youth, change, and the rock star image don't give a flying rats ass about anything you mentioned.
                            My point exactly, although I hadn't thought of the rat's ass perspective.:))

Comment

Ah, an interesting thought. How so?
                              Well, his church is an "afro-centric" church. His pastor or something like that held a celebration for Louis Farakhan. Farakhan is a radical figure full of hate. Obama's opponent (Hillary) is best equiped to exploit this situation. The Clinton machine could really put some hurt on Obama if it chooses to go this route. I'm not gonna speculate on what McCain should do because that's still months away.

Comment

Working...
                              X