Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adux View Post
    Jad 333,

These are people who talk about centuries old fights, hardships as if it happened yesterday, they talk about their glory years under as far as back Darius. Unlike the arabs, More than muslims, Iranians are also culturaly very linked to their history. They do talk, study and eulogize about their glory years even that happened before Islam. They are shia's, they beat themseleves with whip until they bleed from their back or beat their head on a wall. Why, So that they could feel the pain of their Prophet. Emotion is a very important qoutient in their view of things, therefore they wouldnt forget easily to what the US did to them, especially under this kind of US line of talking.
    Good insights. But the emotion I was referring to was yours.:) I know they are extremely emotional in that part of the world. I've been in the ME and have a few Persian, Arab and Berber friends.
    Even though they might be nothing but a bug to squashed for the US, they are still proud people. It is important for us to know this about them, when dealing with them.

Adu
    I agree. They also respect a strong adversary. Still and all, everyone has their price, be it money or spiritual satisfaction.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
      Problems with that: 1) If Israel says ok, who would believe it has complied fully? 2) Israel can never rely totally and forever on the US for protection. Only 99%.

I am sure it has crossed Israel's mind that Islamic extremists would nuke her, if they could, with near total disregard for the consequences for other ME nations. How would Iran's nukes prevent such a suicide attack from happening? And how would they protect it from an Israeli pre-emptive or retaliatiatory strike? Wouldn't it be better for Iran to be nuke free? Why set itself up as a target for a pre-emptive attack? Sometimes, Iran's ambitions look so ludicrous that I think they're holding out to the last minute to get the best possible deal from the west.

I dont get you, If the terrorist put a dirty bomb in Israel, what has Iran got to do with it, For all you know Pakistan must have supplied them, and they are a MNNA of USA.

You are trying to sell Iran short, Why would they accept. How will Iran protect itself against Israeli nukes.

Comment

Good insights. But the emotion I was referring to was yours.:) I know they are extremely emotional in that part of the world. I've been in the ME and have a few Persian, Arab and Berber friends.
        There is huge difference between Arabs and Persians. First Education.Persians have a history of education and Iranians are very much educated compared to the Arabs. Arabs dont care about their History before Islam, 6th century as much as the Iranians. Iranians are in love and very proud of themseleves with their past dating back before BC.

I agree. They also respect a strong adversary. Still and all, everyone has their price, be it money or spiritual satisfaction.
        There is a healthy dose of respect for USA, and I sincerely believe Iranians can be brought under American influence, easily but that cost of that will have to be burnt by Israeli's. They might not get all the veto's they might like.

Comment

I dont get you, If the terrorist put a dirty bomb in Israel, what has Iran got to do with it, For all you know Pakistan must have supplied them, and they are a MNNA of USA.
          If its Hezbolah, everything. If it's not, who else would it be? AQ, another group that gets Iranian help? You miss the point. Here's the syllogism that would be in Israel's mind before and after an attack:

A terrorist group nukes Israel
          Iran is a supporter of terrorist groups
          Iran is responisible for the attack

And to seal the issue, A-Jad has made sure the world knows that he (Iran) is for elimination of Israel.

[quote}You are trying to sell Iran short, Why would they accept. How will Iran protect itself against Israeli nukes.[/QUOTE]

By not having any and by not having the capability to build any.

Comment

There is huge difference between Arabs and Persians.
            I know; my friends never let me forget it.:)

There is a healthy dose of respect for USA, and I sincerely believe Iranians can be brought under American influence, easily but that cost of that will have to be burnt by Israeli's. They might not get all the veto's they might like.
            I don't see that Israel loses by a US-Iranian settlement. You can be sure of one thing: there won't be anything in it that will leave Israel unprotected. AIPAC will make sure of that.:)

Comment

I dont any know Iranians personally, the only arab friends I know are from Oman and Emirates, Thankfully they are women therefore not very political.

I don't see that Israel loses by a US-Iranian settlement. You can be sure of one thing: there won't be anything in it that will leave Israel unprotected. AIPAC will make sure of that.:)
              When I meant Israel will loose, is that when Americans approach it with a bit more neutrality and fairness, They will have to come hard on some Israeli actions. Just by doing that Americans will have gained a lot of mileage with the Iranians.
              Your Lobby system sucks, I dont know at times wether the American government works for the people or lobbies, that is for another debate. Indians have gained a lot through the lobbies. We are mostly democrat and Hillary supporters I hear.

On a personal note, Protection of the Jewish state is imperative.
              Last edited by Adux; 14 Feb 08,, 21:22.

Comment

If its Hezbolah, everything. If it's not, who else would it be?
                Mostly, But Israel is not short of enemies, Pakistani's hate Israel with fervour, even though Israel has not done anything to them. Muslim brotherhood, my friend it is a cult...lol

AQ, another group that gets Iranian help?
                They have no connection, AQ cant stand Iran and Saddam vice versa.

You miss the point. Here's the syllogism that would be in Israel's mind before and after an attack:
                See, you are ready to see what Israel would THINK, try that with the Iranians.

A terrorist group nukes Israel
                Iran is a supporter of terrorist groups
                Iran is responisible for the attack
                Yes,

And to seal the issue, A-Jad has made sure the world knows that he (Iran) is for elimination of Israel.
                Wipe out of the map is an exggeration, but he means severe harm to the jewish state. He is such a nutjob, I cant even believe people can even reason with him. He is an harmless chest thumping idiot, Heck I could beat the crap out of him in a jiffy

By not having any and by not having the capability to build any.
                Iran is not ready to take the Israeli word for that.

Its not by having or capbility to build one, but the fact Israel has.

Comment

Fine. But the diplomatic solution can only work if the US shows the same kind of resolve to ensure that Iran is equally protected agaist a possible foe.;)
                  sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Working...
                  X