No announcement yet.

Why Osama hasn't attacked since 9-11???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Osama hasn't attacked since 9-11???

We know the world net can be a little off some times but it this is true well it is nice to know we are still wavying our big stick for peace.

Matt

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/pr...TICLE_ID=42272

Has U.S. threatened
    to vaporize Mecca?
    Intelligence expert says nuke option is reason bin Laden has been quiet
    Posted: January 7, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Why hasn't Osama bin Laden's terror network executed an attack on U.S. soil since 9-11?

Simple, says Dr. Jack Wheeler, creator of an acclaimed intelligence website dubbed "the oasis for rational conservatives": The U.S. has threatened to nuke the Muslim holy city of Mecca should the terror leader strike America again.

On his website, To the Point, Wheeler explains how the Bush administration has identified the potential of wiping Mecca off the map as bin Laden's ultimate point of vulnerability – the Damoclean Sword hanging over his head.

"Israel … recognizes that the Aswan Dam is Egypt's Damoclean Sword," writes Wheeler. "There is no possibility whatever of Egypt's winning a war with Israel, for if Aswan is blown, all of inhabited Egypt is under 20 feet of water. Once the Israelis made this clear to the Egyptians, the possibility of any future Egyptian attack on Israel like that of 1948, 1967, and 1972 is gone."

Wheeler says talk of bin Laden's Damoclean Sword has infiltrated the Beltway.

Writes Wheeler in his members-only column: "There has been a rumor floating in the Washington ether for some time now that George Bush has figured out what Sword of Damocles is suspended over Osama bin Laden's head. It's whispered among Capitol Hill staffers on the intel and armed services committees; White House NSC (National Security Council) members clam up tight if you begin to hint at it; and State Department neo-cons love to give their liberal counterparts cardiac arrhythmia by elliptically conversing about it in their presence.

"The whispers and hints and ellipses are getting louder now because the rumor explains the inexplicable: Why hasn't there been a repeat of 9-11? How can it be that after this unimaginable tragedy and Osama's constant threats of another, we have gone over three years without a single terrorist attack on American soil?"

Available only to subscribers of To the Point, Wheeler ends his column by explaining the effectiveness of the Mecca threat.

"Completely obliterating the terrorists' holiest of holies, rendering what is for them the world's most sacred spot a radioactive hole in the ground is retribution of biblical proportions – and those are the only proportions that will do the job.

"Osama would have laughed off such a threat, given his view that Americans are wussies who cut and run after a few losses, such as Lebanon in 1983 and Somalia in 1993. Part of Bush's rationale for invading Afghanistan and Iraq – obviously never expressed publicly – was to convince Osama that his threat to nuke Mecca was real. Osama hates America just as much as ever, but he is laughing no more."

Wheeler says bin Laden is "playing poker with a Texas cowboy holding the nuclear aces," so there's nothing al-Qaida could do that could come remotely close to risking obliterating Mecca.

Writes Wheeler: "So far, Osama has decided not to see if GW is bluffing. Smart move."

------------------------------------------

LOL, interesting theory, if nothing else.

IMO Parvez Musharraf has been pleading with him to keep a low profile on any future attacks. The last major one has brought the US in his backyard, he would'nt want them in the living room now. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Osama is nursing his gout and his pout (you can't see that because of the beard)..

That's more important .

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

YOU BOYS ARE ON CHEAP DOPE! :)

There have been literally dozens of attacks on U.S. interests world wide since 9-11!

We have been lucky that he hasn't been able to attack the mainland! Wherethey have succeeded spectacularly have been in Iraq ( hundreds of times) and Spain...and blah blah!

And I highly doubt a terrorist like Osama would care if Mecca or Medina are obliterated. Actually he would want precisely that to happen! So he could buffoon more "Doe-eyed" boys to blow themselves up! :)

But don't get any euphoric feeling yet! Alqaeda will strike...and strike it will.

P.S. He boasts of using WMD's in the next one. ( thats what keeps our twink looking like a foo )

Comment

AQ connected groups have been on the attack since 9-11 hitting American friends and intrests. Seeing as it was what 7-8 years between the first attack on the WTC and the second attack it could be to early to pat ourselves on the back.

This is import terrorism and not locals setting off bombs so they don't have a go at it in the US once a month/year or so, they plan something out big to have a big effect.

"The U.S. has threatened to nuke the Muslim holy city of Mecca should the terror leader strike America again."

That's BS. That's just so f----ing silly...

"Wheeler. "There is no possibility whatever of Egypt's winning a war with Israel, for if Aswan is blown, all of inhabited Egypt is under 20 feet of water. Once the Israelis made this clear to the Egyptians, the possibility of any future Egyptian attack on Israel like that of 1948, 1967, and 1972 is gone.""

Israel attacked in 1967 and the second war was in 1973 and it was Egypt going in to retake some lost ground and make a statement. The real reason they are not at war is the lack of democracy in Egypt and of course the fact we (the taxpayers) are paying both sides not to go to war.
          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by lulldapull
            YOU BOYS ARE ON CHEAP DOPE! :)

There have been literally dozens of attacks on U.S. interests world wide since 9-11!

We have been lucky that he hasn't been able to attack the mainland! Wherethey have succeeded spectacularly have been in Iraq ( hundreds of times) and Spain...and blah blah!

And I highly doubt a terrorist like Osama would care if Mecca or Medina are obliterated. Actually he would want precisely that to happen! So he could buffoon more "Doe-eyed" boys to blow themselves up! :)

But don't get any euphoric feeling yet! Alqaeda will strike...and strike it will.

P.S. He boasts of using WMD's in the next one. ( thats what keeps our twink looking like a foo )
            There is no end to your terrorist morale boosting is there?

Comment

Making Osama the hero are we? All of you!

Dude, Osama can nuke Washington and he knows, America would have no clue who to nuke in retaliation. Nuking Mecca serves no strategic interest, plus what'd they do, bring the AQ foreign secretary to have a lil chit chat with powel?

Comment

"AQ connected groups have been on the attack since 9-11 hitting American friends and intrests. Seeing as it was what 7-8 years between the first attack on the WTC and the second attack it could be to early to pat ourselves on the back."

But there were the Cole, Khobar towers, and Somali embassy bombings in between, all aimed directly at US interests and people.

OBL has done no such attacks since 9-11 directly against US property or citizens.

Comment

we wouldnt do it, i dont believe the public would stand for it. atleast i know i wouldnt
                  "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

Sniper;

Yeah but AQ and company have attacked and killed Americans in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. They did the Spain bombing (helping Spain out of Iraq), attacks in Uzbekistan and several attacks in Indonesia. So they have not been sitting on thier hands.

What was it 2003 had the most terror attacks on record?

The article smells like BS IMHO, we would never nuke Mecca....
                    Last edited by troung; 10 Jan 05,, 21:27.
                    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

The madrid train bombings, the "shoecide" bomber, the "cyanide" plot in Italy, The algerians caught pants down with ricin in a london flat and I'm sure there are others. Al Quaida are alive and well, and are probably just waiting for the next opportunity to attack.

Comment

Lemontree

I duon't know about that - US troops stationed in Pakistan would be absolutely excellent as far as I'm concerned - There will always be concerns that the political business is not being done because the US troops are a issue, but these guys don't need any excuses for not doing business.

Like the rest I don't think AQ is finished at all - as a matter of fact, there is a alert in Pakistan that high ranking members of the govt will be kidnapped and the pakistani govt held hostage - A lot of radicals have to be dead among them every middle and upper level member of ALL Islamist organizations.

Comment

Al-quaeda hasn't struck in the U.S. since 9/11 because it is harder logistically to get people here, armed, and ready to hit a target then generally perceived. As a result they hit targets closer to home especially in Muslim countries. Most terrorist have plenty of help if they only go to Iraq.

Those who have come to America have made stupid mistakes like the female Al-quaeda lady who used her name on the no fly list to attempt to fly from Texas to New York.

"Immigration" sweeps targeted at Muslims are helping to clear out the Al-quaeda support base in America.

Some attacks have been attempted but have been ineffective to include planting malaria, food borne illnesses, and a couple other type attacks. When few people are hurt and no one dies the government can chalk it up to natural causes, just like West Nile.

In the end America probably had less Al-Quaeda here than people feared and those here since 9/11 have not been able to keep their mouths shut. I am sure at some point they will get a team in that will do some kind of significant attack. In our free society it is impossible to stop all attempts. Let's hope they don't sneak a nuclear weapon into a port in a major population center or release smallpox or a similar disease into the country when it happens.

We aren't going to nuke Mecca but if we suffer another 9/11 the war thus far will look like a pregame warm up and the cry for the enemy lawyers will find no work because no one will care if they plan on having a future.

Comment

If Al Qaeda manages to nuke a US city, i wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Minuteman III ICBM flying on a pretty ballistic arc toward Mecca...

Comment

i would be very surprised if we did. IMO, doing this would just **** us over for the next 200 years and make just about every muslim pissed at us
                              "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

Working...
                              X