John McCain Wins FL Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John McCain Wins FL Primary

About half an hour ago, the World Affairs Board projected that John McCain would win the Florida primary. He is now being called winner by the Associated Press, CNN, and Fox News.

This win marks the first closed Republican primary in which John McCain has won. A Giuliani endorsement is expected within a few days. We can now accurately project that John McCain will win the Republican nomination and carry most of the Super Tuesday states on February 5th.

Endorsements from Governor Crist and especially Senator Mel Martinez surely helped McCain the last few days before the primary, as McCain handily won the Hispanic / Cuban-American vote.

More as the news comes in.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

And there are rumors that Guliani will endorse McCain ahead of super tuesday.

Comment

Super Tuesday States

Projected John McCain: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, West Virginia

Projected Mitt Romney: Utah, Colorado, Montana

Projected Mike Huckabee: Arkansas, Georgia

Delegate Count:
      McCain: 93
      Romney: 59
      Huckabee: 40

Comment

Are we seeing the beginnings of another election like 2000 with McCain instead of Bush. Are the ballots still being counted by the same people who did the count in 2000. Is Kathrine Harris at work again? and how about Rove?

Comment

Originally posted by skier842 View Post
          Are we seeing the beginnings of another election like 2000 with McCain instead of Bush. Are the ballots still being counted by the same people who did the count in 2000. Is Kathrine Harris at work again? and how about Rove?
          Oh, yeah, you just KNOW Rove is in there somewhere. Also, he's hiding in your closet.

boogabooga

Comment

Originally posted by skier842 View Post

Sore loser? Bush won fair and square, remember the dems tried to not count some of the over seas military vote shameful.

Comment

Congrats

Congrats to Senator McCain. Maybe he will pick Fred Thompson for his VP if he gets the nomination. Hopefully Fred will counter the issue about carbon credits. Someone needs to.

Comment

Rudy would be great vp he puts New York and California into play for Republicans.

Comment

Yuck.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by SteaminDemon View Post
                    Congrats to Senator McCain. Maybe he will pick Fred Thompson for his VP if he gets the nomination. Hopefully Fred will counter the issue about carbon credits. Someone needs to.
                    I was hoping to see a Thompson endorsement earlier, especially as Thompson was co-chairman of McCain's campaign in 2000. It appears that McCain has Super Tuesday sealed, and right now Giuliani's endorsement will have greater impact than Thompson's would.

Comment

Sources: Giuliani will endorse McCain

(CNN) — Rudy Giuliani will endorse John McCain Wednesday in California, two GOP sources familiar with the discussions told CNN Tuesday.

McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis, had been in "ongoing discussions" with Rudy Giuliani's campaign about the former New York mayor ending his run and actively endorsing McCain's candidacy, according to a GOP official familiar with talks.

CNN projected that Arizona Sen. McCain would win the Florida GOP primary Tuesday night, beating former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, with Giuliani in a tight race for third with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

Giuliani skipped the early primary and caucus campaigns, putting all his efforts into Florida and next Tuesday's Super Tuesday races.

Speaking to supporters in Orlando, Giuliani praised his own campaign.

"You don't always win, but you can always try to do it right," he said.

"Win or lose, our work is not done because leaders dream of a better future and then they help to bring it into reality."
                      Source: CNN

Comment

Senator McCain has really come a long ways since last summer. A very long ways.

Comment

Since I'm a John McCain supporter, I encourage all who want to see Mac win to donate to his campaign. I've donated $75 myself.

https://www.johnmccain.com/Contribute/ContributeA.aspx

Comment

Well, one thing I know is our military will be better off with McCain than any of the candidates. Would have been cool if they could have made Reagan into like a robocop design . I would definitely vote for robo Reagan;) .

If McCain gets elected president our SecNav Mr Winter, a former big dog in Northrop grumman....WHERE ARE ALL THE CONTRACTS GOING?....HMMMM, will hopefully be gone. We need John F. Lehman Jr. back as our Secretary of the Navy and right the heck away. It is a shame that Mr. Caspar Weinberger is no longer with us as of a few years ago , he would be my choice for Secretary of Defense. His son however seems very informed, intelligent and seems to follow in his fathers footsteps concerning defense issues. He does do public speaking too.

The OSD is way too large also. There needs to be some re utilization of certain positions elsewhere. The original # of the OSD was limited to 50 people by law, that number has far been surpassed.
                            Last edited by TopHatter; 30 Jan 08,, 05:49. Reason: Let's ease down on the point size just a tad, shall we? :)

Comment

I know the die hard conservatives will eat me for lunch for this but I wouldn't mind seeing a McCain/Giuliani duo in the white house.
                              Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Working...
                              X