No announcement yet.

John McCain Wins FL Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tophatter, hehehe, sorry about the large font but that is an issue that is near and dear to me. John F. Lehman, if you are reading, we need you as our Secretary of the Navy, or even better, Secretary of defense.

Comment

I've had a look at the CNN exit polls, and interestingly enough, Romney's economic message didn't resonate as well as though. Those who believed the economy to be the greatest issue went for McCain 40 to 32%.

Those who thought that national economic conditions were good or excellent went for Romney 39% to McCain's 26%, while those who thought it was not so good or poor went for McCain 41% to 27%.

Those who believed that reducing the deficit was important went for McCain 42% to Romney's 27%, while those who believed cutting taxes was more important went for Romney 35% to 29%.

McCain did best among those who make $0 - $75,000 and $200,000 or more, while those who make $100,000 - $200,000 went for Romney. McCain and Romney tied among those who make $75,000 - $100,000 a year.

It appears that Romney's message of broken government isn't resonating all too well. Those who are satisfied with the Bush administration went for Romney over McCain by a small margin, while those who are dissatisfied with the Bush administration went for McCain by a wide margin.

Full CNN exit poll:
      Election Center 2008: Primary Exit Polls - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

What I don't understand is why Huckabee is still in the race. Surely he must know he hasn't got a chance? If he quit now and backed Romney, it might just be enough to stop McCain.

Comment

I have only recently been interested in politics, but I am happy McCain took FL and is projected to win the nomination. I'm an independent, but I see Johnny Mac as the best candidate of both parties.

I agree with DaleM in my opinions of other candidates for the most part... especially the Dems.
          "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

I really like McCain, a man of immense integrity and a realist. I was hoping he would get the nomination in 2000 but he was trashed and he's still feeling the residuals. I am really interested in seeing who he picks for his running mate.

Comment

Originally posted by marklv View Post
              What I don't understand is why Huckabee is still in the race. Surely he must know he hasn't got a chance? If he quit now and backed Romney, it might just be enough to stop McCain.
              Huckabee dislikes Romney personally. He's not going to be endorsing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                Huckabee dislikes Romney personally. He's not going to be endorsing him.
                Iron Duke, That would be a hurter, and actually quite comical if Huckabee went on to endorse McCain as well. CNN says the republican debate is tonight also. I would like to see what Romney tries to throw at McCain. I hope when Romney brings up Reagan, McCain asks why he didn't defend him (Reagan) when he was running for president.

Comment

I would like to see what Romney tries to throw at McCain. I hope when Romney brings up Reagan, McCain asks why he didn't defend him (Reagan) when he was running for president.
                  Better yet, take him to task on the following quote in the 94 Romney-Kennedy debate:
                  Originally posted by Mitt Romney
                  "Look, I was an independent during Reagan-Bush. I don't want to return to Reagan-Bush."

Comment

Damn Skippy IronDuke,

Romney: "Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan"

McCain: "You talk so highly of Reagan now, but didn't you say in 94 you were an Independent During Reagan-Bush and didn't want to return to Reagan-Bush?"

Romney: Well, you see........when I was governor I cut taxes....

McCain: But what about my question about President Reagan?

Romney: Well to answer your question, I did not knowingly hire illegals to work on my lawn, and I did cut taxes.

:))

Comment

Romney: Well, you see........when I was governor I cut taxes....
                      No he didn't. He instituted "stealth taxes", hundreds of millions in increased fees.

Comment

Originally posted by SteaminDemon View Post
                        Iron Duke, That would be a hurter, and actually quite comical if Huckabee went on to endorse McCain as well. CNN says the republican debate is tonight also. I would like to see what Romney tries to throw at McCain. I hope when Romney brings up Reagan, McCain asks why he didn't defend him (Reagan) when he was running for president.
                        McCain & the Huckster have been having a public mash-fest since the primary season started.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                          No he didn't. He instituted "stealth taxes", hundreds of millions in increased fees.
                          Yeah, but he's not a pr*ck, like McCain.

He's not anti-business, like McCain.

He's not arm-in-arm with the Democrats, like McCain.

He's not a lifetime Senator like McCain.

-dale

Comment

Giuliani endorses McCain, Schwarzenegger might

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani ended his GOP presidential race and endorsed rival Sen. John McCain of Arizona on Wednesday.

And sources say California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger might endorse McCain on Thursday.

"This is a man who is prepared to be president," Giuliani said of his "old friend."

Giuliani said McCain gives the Republican Party the best chance to hold onto the presidency.

"I am very proud to endorse my friend and fellow Republican -- a hero -- John McCain," Giuliani said at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley California, two hours before the Republican presidential candidates were to face each other in their final debate before the Super Tuesday contests next week.

Meanwhile, two Republican sources told CNN that California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is in discussions about endorsing McCain.

One of the sources said, "you can safely describe the conversations as progressing and productive." The second source described the endorsement as "more than expected" and said the conversations were aimed at arranging a Thursday announcement.

Giuliani described McCain as "the other best candidate."

"I made it clear before I had to make this decision [to drop out] that had I not run, I'd be supporting John McCain," Giuliani told reporters on a flight to Burbank, California, for the debate.
                            Source: Giuliani endorses McCain, Schwarzenegger might - CNN.com

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin View Post
                              I know the die hard conservatives will eat me for lunch for this but I wouldn't mind seeing a McCain/Giuliani duo in the white house.
                              My choice also,Tough duo for the dems to beat.

Comment

Romney would get annihilated in the general election. Pitting Romney against Clinton is like pitting a little girl against Tyson. Say otherwise, it's just wishful thinking.

Romney's political obituary was written Tuesday night. A successful businessman, he unsuccessfully ran for Senate, had a very unsuccessful term as governor, and ran an unsuccessful campaign for the Republican nomination.

A man with no clear convictions, loyalties, morals or ethics, he went far beyond what is considered an acceptable norm for politicians in his dishonesty, lies, and deliberate misleading. As he crashed and burned he tried to drag his fellow Republican candidates down with him.

Instead of running a campaign on the issues, he instead resorted to demagogy. Instead of inventing his own campaign, he freely borrowed themes from opposition politicians.

You ran a campaign that burned every bridge and committed political suicide. Rest In Peace Mitt Romney.

Comment

Working...
                                X