WAB Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THL View Post
    What about some pink? Maybe a touch of lavender.
    Once I saw pink as an option I knew you were respsonsible THL.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
      WAB Blue, eh?

Best cat yet, it wasn't even Feanor!

Comment

I like the blue, but I don't like the army green with it. Sorry THL, pink is just too .... pink.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
          I like the way we've had it. Call me old fashioned.

Ditto
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Here's a new take on WAB Light, "WAB Red":

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/?styleid=37
            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

The darker backgrounds are definitely a winner. anything between 90% to 95% of full luminance as background is good. I'm leaning toward the blue as my favourite primary at the moment.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                Here's a new take on WAB Light, "WAB Red":

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/?styleid=37
                Any other opinions on WAB Red?

Comment

I think tan / beige and red goes well together. However I would try to replace anything left that is silver with a gold or bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                    Any other opinions on WAB Red?
                    Looks good to me.

A bit easier on the eyes, what with the most of the "white" softened. :)
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                      Looks good to me.

A bit easier on the eyes, what with the most of the "white" softened. :)
                      Yes......the only area I still havn't figured out how to change the color on is the box around where you type in you're reply. Guess I need to dig further into the templates.

Comment

And here sits THL...all Molly Ringwald like...Pretty in Pink:P

(Molly Ringwald....ROFL....Ha Ha Ha...I wish)
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I hava a question. If I make an animated gif of a revolving globe ala the still Ironduke put top left, could you use it? If so, what resolution, frame rate, file size etc?
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                            I hava a question. If I make an animated gif of a revolving globe ala the still Ironduke put top left, could you use it? If so, what resolution, frame rate, file size etc?
                            I wouldn't want to use it. I believe it would be unattractive, distracting, and use too much bandwidth. Four banners with four globe positions that alternate, for example, North Atlantic, Europe, Middle East/South Asia, and East Asia with relevant photos at right would be a far better idea.

Comment

I would have to agree with Ironduke. Generally most animations are annoying and or distracting. As a general rule of thumb for you however anything viewed on a computer screen only needs a resolution of 72 dpi. Higher resolutions are used for printing. File sizes you always want to keep as small as you possibly can. In a gif this can be accomplished by lowering the number of colors used in the output. The problem is gif's have a lower quality for images which is why I generally try to use shockwave (flash ) files when I make anything animated.

Comment

Working...
                              X