Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Developer Needed

Dear Members,

We are looking for an individual who can do some web development on the World Affairs Board and the World Affairs Blog.

For web development on our new World Affairs Blog site, which will be a WordPress blog, we are offering the $11.95 Multiple Domain Hosting Plan, valued at over $140 a year.

Multiple Domain Hosting - Reliable business hosting plans

For also developing a complementary scheme for the World Affairs Board, we are offering the $25.95 Reseller Hosting Plan, valued at over $300.

Business Reseller Plans - Ideal for web designers or developers reselling hosting

Of course, we are more than willing to throw in a tin or two of butter cookies as well. :)

For the blog, we are looking for an attractive red and grey color scheme, and for the board, a polishing. A customized header, button sets, and red and gray hues. Simplicity and ease of use is required for both designs, and they need to be complementary to one another.

If you're interested in doing some web development work, feel free to contact me to make arrangements.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Yeah, I do such stuff. This was the last blog I set up. Here is my Linkedin profile: LinkedIn: Srirangan Srinivasan

As I've been a part of the community I'll volunteer my time for this. I can either be the guy who does the "stuff", but then will be able to work for WAB only for a few hours in the weekends. Else I can act as a consultant to the person who volunteers to do it (and/or to the WAB management) as I've got plenty of expertize in similar projects.

PS: I don't really need the hosting, I've got plenty already. :)
    I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Srirangan View Post
      Yeah, I do such stuff. This was the last blog I set up. Here is my Linkedin profile: LinkedIn: Srirangan Srinivasan

As I've been a part of the community I'll volunteer my time for this. I can either be the guy who does the "stuff", but then will be able to work for WAB only for a few hours in the weekends. Else I can act as a consultant to the person who volunteers to do it (and/or to the WAB management) as I've got plenty of expertize in similar projects.

PS: I don't really need the hosting, I've got plenty already. :)
      Well done for volunteering, Sir! :)
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Sir, please don't call me 'sir'. I'm a civie, wear glasses and work all day on the 'puter. 'Sir' should be reserved for those with uniforms or Ian Botham .. :P
        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Srirangan View Post
          Sir, please don't call me 'sir'. I'm a civie, wear glasses and work all day on the 'puter. 'Sir' should be reserved for those with uniforms or Ian Botham .. :P

And as a mark of respect for an unselfish act.:) I'm long retired from the armed forces, and think of myself as a fully qualified civilian now. Admittedly that took some time to happen!
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Hello, I do web design and also make VBulletin styles what exactly are you looking for?

Comment

Thank you Srirangan. I've heard you quite skilled. I've sent you a PM. :)

Comment

wow even wab has outsourced.
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                  Thank you Srirangan. I've heard you quite skilled. I've sent you a PM. :)
                  Got it. You'll get a reply soon.

Thanks,
                  I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

I'll make up a VBulletin style and post some screenshots. Did you want any of the elements moved around as in template modifications or any extra menu's added?

Comment

Originally posted by BadKharma View Post
                      I'll make up a VBulletin style and post some screenshots. Did you want any of the elements moved around as in template modifications or any extra menu's added?
                      A rough draft drawn up in PhotoShop would do... Srirangan has taken the blog template so we still need somebody to do vBulletin.

Comment

Please do. Use the existing white-red color scheme for your template. Shades of grey can be used for gradients. We are looking for a more "smooth" and neat uncluttered layout. You can come up with fixed width or full screen fluid layouts. Extra points for fitting in the Google Ads nicely. :D

Put together a PSD, there's prolly another designer sending in a template. The best design will be chosen.

PS: Matt can answer those menu-links related questions.

Thanks,
                        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Don't forget the subtle metallic hues. The navbar would remain as is.

Comment

OK hopefully I will have something to show you later today. Currently I am redrawing the globe in Photoshop I didn't have any globes with the same aspect. So basically Red, Grey, and Silver's for the colors correct?

Btw is the blog this one Blog

Comment

OK hopefully I will have something to show you later today. Currently I am redrawing the globe in Photoshop I didn't have any globes with the same aspect. So basically Red, Grey, and Silver's for the colors correct?

Btw is the blog this one Blog
                              Srirangan will be handling the blog. We need a very professional, polished appearance for the forum. As far as the color scheme goes, red, gray, silver; gray could be made more dominant if it proves easier to make more attractive.

The blog on that URL was just me testing out the installation on one of my URLs while awaiting the DNS resolving the blog one (worldaffairsblog.com).

Comment

Working...
                              X