No announcement yet.

Brief Iran airforce rundown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then, it's a soft kill. Your launch area is compromised.

Come on, Hitesh, you're way better than this. You thought through this before.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 31 May 08,, 19:33.

Comment

• If you are referring to the CPs, I see your point. If the missiles are liquid fueled, yes then it is a major weakness. Not to mention that if you move the missiles, you have to move the infrastructure.

But I was wondering if that can be planned. Suppose you set up a base where the area is exclusive. However there are many launch points to choose. You design a mobile CP with robust satellite comlink capabilities and is EM hardened. Is it doable?

I am trying to think outside of the box.

Comment

• Counter point. You're not talking a single missile. You're talking about a return volley fire. In short, you're talking a battery. Obviously, Indian missiles cannot aim at Chinese missiles. There isn't just the numbers.

Now think it through. How many missiles do you need for your target? How are you going to ensure you have enough for a counter volley strike? And how are you going to co-ordinate after a Chinese strike? Mobility is good an all but if one of your surviving missiles is in Dehli and the other at Calcutta, it ain't going to do you any good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
          If you are referring to the CPs, I see your point. If the missiles are liquid fueled, yes then it is a major weakness. Not to mention that if you move the missiles, you have to move the infrastructure.

But I was wondering if that can be planned. Suppose you set up a base where the area is exclusive. However there are many launch points to choose. You design a mobile CP with robust satellite comlink capabilities and is EM hardened. Is it doable?

I am trying to think outside of the box.

Killing mobile missiles is hard, even liquid fueled ones. That fact was proven in 1991 when Iraq kept firing missiles even under a sky dominated by its enemy. All road mobile missiles need a some flat earth to which they have the exact co-ordinates so that they know where they are in relation to thier target.

Even the fixed sites might be harder to kill than one would think. depending on how robust the sites are a missile strike with a 50m CEP force might take more than five missiles since each missile has a 50% chance of falling outside the target box.

Comment

Working...
          X