Books on Austria-Hungary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books on Austria-Hungary?

OK, I've scoured just about every source (libary, bookshops) at my ready disposal and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any good books on Austria-Hungary (it's a surprisingly difficult subject to root up books on), especially from a social, day-to-day and military point of view?

If anyone can help, I'd be much obliged :) .
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    - John Stuart Mill.

A History of the Hapsburg Empire 1520-1918;
    Amazon.com: A History of the Habsburg Empire, 1526-1918: Books: Robert A. Kann

The Habsburg Monarchy, 1809-1918 : A History of the Austrian Empire and Austria-Hungary;
    Amazon.com: The Habsburg Monarchy, 1809-1918 : A History of the Austrian Empire and Austria-Hungary: Books: A. J. P. Taylor

The Undermining of Austria-Hungary: The Battle for Hearts and Minds;
    Amazon.com: The Undermining of Austria-Hungary: The Battle for Hearts and Minds: Books: Mark Cornwall

Each one of these links is searchable.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
      OK, I've scoured just about every source (libary, bookshops) at my ready disposal and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any good books on Austria-Hungary (it's a surprisingly difficult subject to root up books on), especially from a social, day-to-day and military point of view?

If anyone can help, I'd be much obliged :) .
      A good book and fitting all above requirements would be ´Brave soldier Schweik´:)
      If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Thanks very much both of you :) !
        Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
        - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Working...
        X