X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christie T4

Comment

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
      Really? I was under the impression that the overall designs, besides the suspension, were rather similar. Well anyways is it my turn?
      no, the Christie designs would lead to the BT series, British Cruiser tanks, T-34 etc. The Vickers design would lead to designs like the Russian T-26, Polish 7TP, the Dutchman etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
        Christie T4
        I think you're right. I looked around, and the suspension doesn't match any American WWII light tanks.

Comment

U.S. Light Tanks

says I am right

Comment

Zraver is correctimundo, your ball!
            Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Where was the only place during the period of WW2 (Sept of 39- May of 1945) that a British made Mk V heavy tank saw combat action? PS several Mk. V and VII's actually saw service as training vehicles or tractors behind the lines.

Comment

Germans

A Mark V tank can be seen in several photographs taken in Berlin in 1945 in front of the Berliner Dom (Berlin Cathedral). It has been suggested this was a museum piece that had been previously displayed at the Lustgarten and it had been used as a static pillbox to help bolster the city's defences during Nazi Germany's final days. However, there is no evidence this was the case and it is not clear what role (if any) it played in the Battle of Berlin.

From Wikipedia

Mark I tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                  A Mark V tank can be seen in several photographs taken in Berlin in 1945 in front of the Berliner Dom (Berlin Cathedral). It has been suggested this was a museum piece that had been previously displayed at the Lustgarten and it had been used as a static pillbox to help bolster the city's defences during Nazi Germany's final days. However, there is no evidence this was the case and it is not clear what role (if any) it played in the Battle of Berlin.

From Wikipedia

Mark I tank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  No that is not the answer I am looking for. But you have the right parties involved.

Comment

I know there was a Mk V on static display in Smolensk which had been captured from the White Russians. It was often photographed by the Germans but I do not recall it being involved in a battle.

But I have to assume it was one of these static displays brought to life against the Hitlerites during the defense of the Motherland during the Great Patriotic War!
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Close so very close..... I will pas it to you for your hard work. Actually upto 4 former Estonian Mk V's were used 1 in a static defense of Talinin (the other looks to have not been dismounted from its stand), up to 2 more that were running were knocked out outside Talinin and a picture of one of them exists.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/e...113estonia.jpg note the original MG's were replaced with Maxims.

Comment

Close so very close..... I will pas it to you for your hard work. Actually upto 4 former Estonian Mk V's were used 1 in a static defense of Talinin (the other looks to have not been dismounted from its stand), up to 2 more that were running were knocked out outside Talinin and a picture of one of them exists.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/e...113estonia.jpg note the original MG's were replaced with Maxims.
                        Maxim bullets with an iron or tungsten core are known to penetrate it's armor. Was it serving as an effective defence, or just adding psychological protection for the crew inside it?
                        AT rifles or any kind of heavy MG would wreck it, as would any artillery schrapnel larger than the basic kind.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          Maxim bullets with an iron or tungsten core are known to penetrate it's armor. Was it serving as an effective defence, or just adding psychological protection for the crew inside it?
                          AT rifles or any kind of heavy MG would wreck it, as would any artillery schrapnel larger than the basic kind.

Unknown, but it was probably the only tank over 10 tons the German 28mm and 37mm ATG's were effective against lol.

Comment

Unknown, but it was probably the only tank over 10 tons the German 28mm and 37mm ATG's were effective against lol.

Okay here's your question.

How many tracks shoes were on the each side of an M113A2/M125A2? And why the were the different?
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Okay here's your question.

How many tracks shoes were on the each side of an M113A2/M125A2? And why the were the different?
                              i googled the number, but couldn,t find the reason, so i;ll wait, i'd like to know it myself
                              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

When I was staff duty officer as a lieutneant I used to ask this question at Guard Mount for the tie breaker to see who would be colonels orderly for the day.
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X