X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    No doubt by the same people who gave us the STEN
    Heydrich must have thought the gods were with him when Gabčík's, jammed. Luckily he died in agony from Sepsis, can't beat a grenade when things F-UP!

To be fair alot depended on the Variant and obviously the maintenance
    Last edited by Freyr; 11 Sep 19,, 18:24.

Comment

• Heres a relative

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1478441

Name and attachment?

Comment

• A Lanchester submachine gun with a RN Tactical Light attached.

And an interesting thing about Heydrich...he got septic because of the horsehair that was used to stuff the car seats cushions got blasted into his body and surgeons did not remove all of it.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          A Lanchester submachine gun with a RN Tactical Light attached.

And an interesting thing about Heydrich...he got septic because of the horsehair that was used to stuff the car seats cushions got blasted into his body and surgeons did not remove all of it.
          Thats the one, More of a finished product than the early Sten. I didn't realise it was horse hair. Pity S.O.E didn't get his boss

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Name the battle.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	476.9 KB
ID:	1478452

Name the Battle
            Mark Twain

Comment

• hmm, not my subject but I'm guessing Battles of Lexington?

Comment

• Close

I'll leave for a bit before giving an answer....and yes I am being exact here for reasons....
                Mark Twain

Comment

• Since I am better off doing the Naval Quiz, as compared to the Land Forces quiz, I won't give the answer. However, after some deep research using the picture (title doesn't say Battle of), I did come across it's title. I then used the title to look up the historical significance of this particular engagement. This to the Army would be the same as John Paul Jones to the Navy and his "I have not yet begun to fight." In WWII this is Bastogne and Leyte Gulf.

Comment

• Ok I'll try again after some more reading, is it The Battle of Parkers Revenge?

Comment

• AR must be tailgating early but you are correct about Parker's Revenge.

Comment

• An English Mayor reads a welcome to an invading army from up north, Who is behind the invasion and in which town is the scene?
                        A clue is the artwork is made of silk

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1478454

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                          An English Mayor reads a welcome to an invading army from up north, Who is behind the invasion and in which town is the scene?
                          A clue is the artwork is made of silk

[ATTACH]48072[/ATTACH]
                          That must be James VI of Scotland, I of England, who succeeded Elizabeth I. No idea what town it is.
                          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Sorry no. Its alot more recent. I can tell you that the pretender to the throne (pictured to the left of the stone monument)was born in Rome and died in Rome and was a Stuart

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                              AR must be tailgating early but you are correct about Parker's Revenge.
                              Actually it was a bluegrass festival at a brewery.

Yes it’s Parker’s Revenge. It is the spot on the Boston Road where the Lexington Company of Militia got into the fight after recovering from the hammering they took earlier that morning.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyr View Post
                                Sorry no. Its alot more recent. I can tell you that the pretender to the throne (pictured to the left of the stone monument)was born in Rome and died in Rome and was a Stuart

Bonnie Prince Charlie
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X