Thread: New Chief of Army Reserve is 1st Woman to lead USAR in it's 102 year history

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Defense Professional

New Chief of Army Reserve is 1st Woman to lead USAR in it's 102 year history

LTG Jody Daniels took command this morning.

Jody is the sister of one of my best friends. I've worked with her professionally twice and she is the real deal.

Name:  Jody.png
Views: 54
Size:  607.3 KB

https://www.usar.army.mil/Leadership...ody-j-daniels/
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Senior Contributor
    I do not envy her. The number of enemies you have to make and overcome to get to her post. Sher's a stronger person than I to deal with all those headaches and heartaches.

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Defense Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by WABs_OOE View Post
    I do not envy her. The number of enemies you have to make and overcome to get to her post. Sher's a stronger person than I to deal with all those headaches and heartaches.
    I gotta say the responses to her promotion have been met with almost universal applause.

From all I have heard she is a tremendous team builder who rarely uses the word I.

I wish her and the Army Reserve all the best!
    Mark Twain

Regular
    LTG Luckey pounded continuously the Ready Force X program that has kept the US Army Reserve (select parts of it that rotate on and ongoing basis) able to deploy as part of the Operational Force with relatively little notice. This in addition to the almost twenty years of unit rotations, normally lasting a year with nine months on station, to the various COCOMs, primarily but by no means exclusively CENTCOM.

There is every confidence that LTG Daniels will continue that charge, putting her skills and talents to work finding ways to continue increasing the relevance of the Army Reserve to the total force.

The COVID crisis will exacerbate the training problems short term, and has already resulted in the Reserve system going to a Virtual Battle Assembly (VBS) program, though some units are starting to hold their Annual Training in person. Usually at the home station.

LTG Luckey did a great job.

LTG Daniels will do as well or better.
    Last edited by looking4NSFS; 28 Jul 20, at 23:22.

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Defense Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by looking4NSFS View Post
    LTG Luckey pounded continuously the Ready Force X program that has kept the US Army Reserve (select parts of it that rotate on and ongoing basis) able to deploy as part of the Operational Force with relatively little notice. This in addition to the almost twenty years of unit rotations, normally lasting a year with nine months on station, to the various COCOMs, primarily but by no means exclusively CENTCOM.

There is every confidence that LTG Daniels will continue that charge, putting her skills and talents to work finding ways to continue increasing the relevance of the Army Reserve to the total force.

The COVID crisis will exacerbate the training problems short term, and has already resulted in the Reserve system going to a Virtual Battle Assembly (VBS) program, though some units are starting to hold their Annual Training in person. Usually at the home station.

LTG Luckey did a great job.

LTG Daniels will do as well or better.
    Great analysis....GEN McConville in his remarks yesterday highlighted that this year the USAR had deployed 1000s of Soldiers to Europe to support DEFENDER 20. And the 1000s more pivoted and surged into hospitals, etc., to handle COVID.

Most senior leaders who have grown up in the Post Cold War/Post 9/11 worlds know the Total Force is a very real deal.
    Mark Twain

Thread Information