Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Grape you got it. The wooden cannon a very lethal weapon to the operator

Comment

• When was the first documented use of indirect fire adjusted by an observer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazed View Post
        Gun Grape you got it. The wooden cannon a very lethal weapon to the operator
        You had enough "Daniel Boone" references in there to make it easy. "Big Man" "Fess up" and the cap. Remember as a kid watching Fess Parker play Daniel Boone

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazed View Post
          Gun Grape you got it. The wooden cannon a very lethal weapon to the operator
          For the unwashed and unclean may I suggest in your acknowledging the answer you give some of the backstory to explain what happened.

Thanks
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            When was the first documented use of indirect fire adjusted by an observer?
            I assume you mean in the gunpowder stage...i.e., no trebuchets, etc.
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
              I assume you mean in the gunpowder stage...i.e., no trebuchets, etc.
              Yes. But if you do know of a time that non gunpowder indirect fire weapons were adjusted by an observer in another physical location, please share.

Comment

• First hint

It is a curious fact about the battle that no one is absolutely certain when it actually began

Comment

• The RHA at Hougemount. One battery fired case over a rise at advancing French forces will adjustments were made by a battery commander located to their flank who could observe the French.
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• You are correct Sir.

Comment

The RHA at Hougemount. One battery fired case over a rise at advancing French forces will adjustments were made by a battery commander located to their flank who could observe the French.
                      LOL, you are on a roll today...

Comment

For the unwashed and unclean may I suggest in your acknowledging the answer you give some of the backstory to explain what happened.

Thanks
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Boonesborough

some more info here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooden_cannon

Morgan connection here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaker_gun

Comment

• Thanks Dazed! Never knew that.

Reference the RHA & Hougemount, Bernard Cornwell (the Sharpe dude), wrote a non-fiction account ofg th ebattle named, curiously enough, Waterloo. In it he talks about their role at Hougomount.

I'll have a question shortly.
                          Mark Twain

Comment

• What do these three numbers mean in regards to armored warfare?

86,100, 108,700 & 83,500
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Soviet tanks received, total stock, and lost during WWII.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipm...ld_War_II#Land
                              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Well done, Doctor, Strange... I mean Iron Duke.

All yours!
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X