This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    Pak 36 is the first one. The only other thing I can think of that blows a tank wide open that approximates door knocker (Heeresanklopfgerat) auf Deustch is the Panzerfaust (armor fist), as a fist is the shape of a knocking hand. But that's not a gun, unless you mean the Pak 40.

You got half the answer, look outside the Heer for the other half.

Comment

• Despite my efforts to figure out what the other one could be, ich kenne nicht was die andere Anklopfer ist, so I'll leave it to someone else who can figure that one out. :-)
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Despite my efforts to figure out what the other one could be, ich kenne nicht was die andere Anklopfer ist, so I'll leave it to someone else who can figure that one out. :-)
        M12 155MM cannon? If that is the answer, Ironduke you did the heavy lifting, also I have no question. It is yours
        Last edited by Dazed; 11 Feb 18,, 08:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazed View Post
          M12 155MM cannon? If that is the answer, Ironduke you did the heavy lifting, also I have no question. It is yours
          Correct, the M1918A1 155mm on the M12GMC when used in the direct fire role to bust open bunkers was called the door knocker by GI's.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
            Correct, the M1918A1 155mm on the M12GMC when used in the direct fire role to bust open bunkers was called the door knocker by GI's.
            During OIF 1 & 2 TOW missiles fired at buildings were also called door knockers by the troops.
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Buck - you wanna do the next question? I don't always think up the most interesting stuff.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Buck - you wanna do the next question? I don't always think up the most interesting stuff.
                Will do
                Mark Twain

Comment

• Okay...

So what relationship does a star shaped fort in the US have to the Battle of Maciejowice?
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                    Okay...

So what relationship does a star shaped fort in the US have to the Battle of Maciejowice?
                    Tadeusz Kościuszko, designed West Point and other fortifications.

Comment

Tadeusz Kościuszko, designed West Point and other fortifications.
                      Aaah, but West Point was not star shaped.

Right guy, not where I am looking for, however.
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Aaah, but West Point was not star shaped.

Right guy, not where I am looking for, however.
                        He figured out Fort Ticonderoga's weakness by identifying Sugarloaf Hill.

Comment

He figured out Fort Ticonderoga's weakness by identifying Sugarloaf Hill.
                          Nope
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Nope
                            So right guy, star shaped US fort but not the right star shaped fort. Can you just tell us?

Comment

So right guy, star shaped US fort but not the right star shaped fort. Can you just tell us?
                              Okay.

Ninety-Six, SC
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Okay.

Ninety-Six, SC
                                Awesome!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety...South_Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X