X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Sir,

The Soviet tank evolution tree had two parallel lines: The T-[number greater than 30] and the IS/T-[rather small, 3, 7 or ten for example]. They evolved simultaneously, and a many a great creation such as the IS-7 were born. But they did not die a natural death, but were killed artificially in the USSR, while the US tank evolution was quite natural.
    I've managed to trace two lines of Soviet tank development. One starts with the Christie tank, then the BT series, T-34, T-54/55, T-62, T-72, T-90. The other started off with the Vickers, then T-26, T-28, T-35. After that it disappears, and re-appears again in the KV and JS series. After that it disappears again, and finally re-emerges with the T-64, T-80, and the recent Black Eagle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Feanor View Post
      I've managed to trace two lines of Soviet tank development. One starts with the Christie tank, then the BT series, T-34, T-54/55, T-62, T-72, T-90. The other started off with the Vickers, then T-26, T-28, T-35. After that it disappears, and re-appears again in the KV and JS series. After that it disappears again, and finally re-emerges with the T-64, T-80, and the recent Black Eagle.
      Alexander Alexandrovich Morozov - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• t-10 vs t-64

T-10 52 tones,armor 250mm,122 mm D-25TA,39 l 12-cyl. diesel model V-2-IS,250 km operational range.

t-64 42.4 tonnes, composite armor, 125mm/L53.5 smoothbore gun,5-cyl. multi-fuel diesel model 5DTF, 500 km operational range.

Comment

• S-2
          I've been on here for about a year now, but are only on briefly as I don't have much free time...
          I'm a Maint Engineer based in North Bay Ont........three years now in the force now, still young......lol.
          Sorry about the confusion to all, nobody seemed to be replying so I thought I'd throw out an easy one........

Comment

• Originally posted by bugs View Post
            T-10 52 tones,armor 250mm,122 mm D-25TA,39 l 12-cyl. diesel model V-2-IS,250 km operational range.

t-64 42.4 tonnes, composite armor, 125mm/L53.5 smoothbore gun,5-cyl. multi-fuel diesel model 5DTF, 500 km operational range.
            None the less both represent the alternative to a mass-produced cheap MBT. They're somewhat different ways of approaching the same problem, but both are an attempt to create a more elite type of tank that was more capable then the average 55/62/72.

Comment

• The T-[low number] line was artificially killed. It did not evolve into anything.

Comment

The T-[low number] line was artificially killed. It did not evolve into anything.
                T low number? You mean the KV series and it's JS offspring.

Comment

• BMF12 Reply

Glad to have you around. No worries.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                    T low number? You mean the KV series and it's JS offspring.
                    Yes.

Comment

• Albany Rifles, you Sir, are at NTC. Ah, the Central Corridor. One of the only places in the States where you can stand under the shade of ********'s Hat while viewing the Matterhorn. Where 876, 780, 760 and 720 mean something. Where Hidden Valley does not apply to a tasty Ranch dressing.
                      Tanks, Fender Strats and Texas BBQ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tankguy View Post
                        Albany Rifles, you Sir, are at NTC. Ah, the Central Corridor. One of the only places in the States where you can stand under the shade of ********'s Hat while viewing the Matterhorn. Where 876, 780, 760 and 720 mean something. Where Hidden Valley does not apply to a tasty Ranch dressing.
                        And where you can find your way by the column of smoke from the fire in Porta Potty Wadi or the light atop Tiefort!!

Good job.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• What do the following have in common?

L-30
                          M256
                          2A46M-1
                          L44
                          L55
                          Tanks, Fender Strats and Texas BBQ!

Comment

• tank cannons ?
                            If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

The T-[low number] line was artificially killed. It did not evolve into anything.
                              Maybe because it was the right thing to do ?......the t-64 has the same protection, armament and better mobility on a medium chasis.

Comment

• Originally posted by bugs View Post
                                Maybe because it was the right thing to do ?......the t-64 has the same protection, armament and better mobility on a medium chasis.
                                I'm not sure about the comparative quality of the T-64 and T-10, but the poor accuracy of the T-10's main gun, and insufficient protection for the weight, made it a crappy tank. It did not see export and was not produced in any particularly large numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X