• Penicillin
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      Penicillin
      :) :) Funy, but no.

Comment

• Correction here: whole setup had 8 engines.

It's the Short Mayo Composite

Click image for larger version

Name:	short_mayo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1476826

Open thread.
        Last edited by jlvfr; 29 Jun 18,, 18:29.

Comment

• What are we looking at here?

"Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Isn't that a gyro copter? Was talking to a fellow at my Cougar car show when someone he knew walked up and he related the flight he took in the man's gyro copter over Larry Ellison's estate.

Comment

• Wallis WA-116 Agile it's an autogyro. The rotor is unpowered. Tbm3fan I know a former TBM pilot who owns an autogyro.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                Isn't that a gyro copter? Was talking to a fellow at my Cougar car show when someone he knew walked up and he related the flight he took in the man's gyro copter over Larry Ellison's estate.
                Originally posted by Dazed View Post
                Wallis WA-116 Agile it's an autogyro. The rotor is unpowered. Tbm3fan I know a former TBM pilot who owns an autogyro.
                Yes, it is an autogyro/gyrocopter. It's not a Wallis WA-116 Agile.

Here's a still photo of several of the autogyros on display.

Comment

• Another photo and another hint. 猎鹰

Last edited by Ironduke; 06 Jul 18,, 20:25.

Comment

• Chinese "Hunting Eagle" autogyro.

But I cheated by searching for "Chinese autogyro" on Google after your hint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                      Chinese "Hunting Eagle" autogyro.

But I cheated by searching for "Chinese autogyro" on Google after your hint.
                      Correct. Your question.

Video of it in flight. If I could've found a video without the fanboy Wagner musical flourish, I'd have posted that instead.

https://youtu.be/wKcpZJwZAPM?t=28

Full article: https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...ll-james-bond/
                      The Chinese Army Is Going Full James Bond

The Chinese military is putting a little-used aircraft concept to work. Looking like something out of the classic James Bond film You Only Live Twice, the Hunting Eagle gyrocopter is going into People's Liberation Army (PLA) service.

Developed by Shaanxi Baoji Special Vehicles, the Hunting Eagle is expected to operate in the search and rescue, border control, reconnaissance, anti-riot, and other roles. It will also be used to self-deploy Chinese special forces on missions into enemy territory.

Gyrocopters are different from helicopters in having an unpowered main rotor. A rearward-facing, engine-powered propeller provides thrust, and once sufficient speed is gained, the main rotor begins to rotate, providing lift. Gyrocopters were actually developed before helicopters, which at the time were thought technologically unfeasible.

Little is known at this time about the Hunting Eagle's performance specifications, in particular load carrying capacity and range. The Hunting Eagle has been developed in one-, two- and three-man versions. Perhaps not surprisingly, there is some grumbling online that the Hunting Eagle bears a very strong resemblance to German gyrocopter manufacturer MTO's designs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                        Correct. Your question.
                        Don't have another question available immediately. If anyone else has one, please go ahead.

Comment

• Name this aircraft:

Comment

• OK did my homework this time.

Bartini Beriev VVA-14 it is missing its wings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartini_Beriev_VVA-14 In flight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAk3kwXfEWk

Comment

• Ok. No reply.

What is it? It is the aircraft cruising atop the vehicle. Hint Tesla the inventor thought of it after the fact. Tesla the vehicle would share a capability. There is even some battleship tech

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mericacm (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	1476944

Comment

• Looks like an early biplane drone.
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X