Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name an aircraft with bent/gull wings other than the Corsair or the Stuka.

Comment

• Aichi B7A Grace
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
        Aichi B7A Grace
        That or the Loire-Nieuport LN.40, so you win. Take it up.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1475845

What is it...
          Mark Twain

Comment

[ATTACH]45236[/ATTACH]

What is it...
            M.39B Libellula! Here's the wiki page. It was to be a high-speed bomber designed to have maximum visibility for carrier landings.

I first found it on Pinterest of all places!

Comment

• All yours!
              Mark Twain

Comment

• Who was one of the greatest Japanese aces of WWII, but was killed while piloting a transport aircraft?

Comment

• Hiroyoshi Nishizawa the Devil of Rabaul

https://web.archive.org/web/20060526...wa/index1.html
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Hiroyoshi Nishizawa the Devil of Rabaul

https://web.archive.org/web/20060526...wa/index1.html
                    That's correct! A Japanese Naval Aviation pilot, I do not believe he ever flew off aircraft carriers, but flew from land bases for the duration of the war until he was killed in the Philippines. As I young guy I read Samurai! by Martin Caidan and while there are concerns that the book has some fictionalized stories, I loved reading about Saburo Sakai and Nishizawa.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCT View Post
                      That's correct! A Japanese Naval Aviation pilot, I do not believe he ever flew off aircraft carriers, but flew from land bases for the duration of the war until he was killed in the Philippines. As I young guy I read Samurai! by Martin Caidan and while there are concerns that the book has some fictionalized stories, I loved reading about Saburo Sakai and Nishizawa.

I read the same book....and it's still on my book shelf!

I also used to have a subscription to Aviation magazine and I recalled the article.

Good question!

I'll think of another shortly.
                      Mark Twain

Comment

• What was arguably the US Army's major contribution to the Space Program?
                        Mark Twain

Comment

What was arguably the US Army's major contribution to the Space Program?
                          Well, it looks like the US Army has actually done quite a lot. They developed the US first modern rocket, the Redstone, and used it to launch our first satellite, Explorer I. A modified Redstone launched Shepard into space on a sub-orbital flight. Plus it has contributed a lot of astronauts to the space program. Not sure if any of these are what you are thinking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by JCT View Post
                            Well, it looks like the US Army has actually done quite a lot. They developed the US first modern rocket, the Redstone, and used it to launch our first satellite, Explorer I. A modified Redstone launched Shepard into space on a sub-orbital flight. Plus it has contributed a lot of astronauts to the space program. Not sure if any of these are what you are thinking about?
                            I was referring more to this photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EVU.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1475888

BG Robert Howard was the first military member and second human to have an untethered EVA in space.

He also worked on the design of the MMU.

https://www.army.mil/article/30900/f...diers_in_space

But you certainly have nailed others so sure, it's yours.
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Marine Corps aviation greatly expanded alongside US Naval aviation during WWI. What's the name of the airfield that USMC aviation used to train pilots in Florida?

Comment

• Naval Air Station Pensacola?
                                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                                X