X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlankDestroyer View Post
    Buccaneer off a British Carrier
    Half right: afaik, the RN's Buccaneer never saw combat, only the RAF version in the Gulf in 91. But I'll grant it. Your turn. :)

Comment

• Half right...half wit! I will take the baton regardless. Thank you.

The Museum I visit on occasion is getting one of these soon. And to keep the theme going.

What would a Pirate use?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlankDestroyer View Post
        Half right...half wit! I will take the baton regardless. Thank you.

The Museum I visit on occasion is getting one of these soon. And to keep the theme going.

What would a Pirate use?
        F-7U Cutlass

Comment

• Yes. Dazzle us!

I will post up when the F-7U arrives. Weird bird too!

Comment

• Which single seat WWII fighter is still in production?

Comment

• The Me-262 is in reproduction, I'm not sure though if that qualifies as 'still in production'.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• The aircraft is still built in the same state. C, D and K models and they will produce OEM parts for your 1940s model. Manufacturer name has changed.

The Me 262 is a reproduction well because they didn't have the production certificate, it was in Washington and not Germany. etc.
                Last edited by Dazed; 20 Feb 18,, 21:50.

Comment

• Do you guys have a link for the ME-262 info?

Good stuff.
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                    Do you guys have a link for the ME-262 info?

Good stuff.
                    Story here.:https://www.airspacemag.com/military...bird-12695578/

Quick overview https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_262_Project.

In the past, you could pay to fly in this one. http://www.collingsfoundation.org/ai...erschmitt-262/

Comment

• I have to admit, I have no idea, but the only aircraft that comes to mind with the mention of C, D, K models makes me think of the P-51 Mustang, but I don't know for a fact that it's still in production.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                        I have to admit, I have no idea, but the only aircraft that comes to mind with the mention of C, D, K models makes me think of the P-51 Mustang, but I don't know for a fact that it's still in production.
                        Ironduke you are correct except for the production part.

http://www.calpacificairmotive.com/biography.html

"Over the years the business has grown to include North American P-51 restorations. We have developed processes and techniques for the fabrication of the P-51 and the TF-51 airframe.

Through the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Aviation agency the Limited Type Certificate LTC-11 for the North American P-51C, P51D and P51K was acquired by Cal Pacific Airmotive, Inc. The company then applied for and was issued Production Certificate No. 724NM for production of FAA approved airframe parts in accordance with LTC-11."

They have their manufacturing certificate good with the local FAA MIDO office. For a couple of million and a year or 2. You can have a new production aircraft P-51 built to the data on the Type Certificate Data Sheet.
                        Airworthiness certificate included and that is not experimental. You can see P-51 assemblies from time to time on the ramp of the Salinas Airport.

The floor is yours
                        Last edited by Dazed; 21 Feb 18,, 23:36.

Comment

• The first aerial bombardment in history was undertaken where and by whom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                            The first aerial bombardment in history was undertaken where and by whom?
                            Nov 1, 1911, an Italian pilot dropped 4 grenades onto a Turkish (Ottaman Empire) camp outside Tripoli, Libya.

Comment

• Correct.

Go for it.

Comment

• During the Battle of Britain, the RAF Spitfires had an issue with their carburetors when in a negative G dive, fuel would be forced out and engine power would be reduced or it would quit altogether. Who came up with a fix for this problem?

Bonus: What nickname did the device get called?

Comment

Working...
                                X