• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    Very good

What made you pick that?

Good choice BTW.
    Thank you, gotta say it again: That is one beautiful bird.

Oh I have a "secret formula" for picking aviation pictures to go on this thread. O:-)
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Secret formula, huh?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        Secret formula, huh?
        Ancient Chinese Secret actually...
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Very quiet but I just ran across a photo from 1999 that I took of a plane in a private hanger out by Sacramento. What is the silver plane?

P.S. I haven't a clue as what I was told, not by the owner, I don't believe as I can't find any plane by that name. I'll keep that to myself for the time being including the well known original owner supposedly. Yeah, the scan was backwards.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by tbm3fan; 11 Mar 17,, 08:02.

Comment

• The nacelles look like their from a super DC-3 the fuselage from a Howard but it has one vertical stab. Was it owned by Ed Daly?

Comment

• I can tell you the plane was in Mike Bogue's hanger which I visited after he passed away. He had the TBM-3 that is on the Hornet and I went out to pick up the turret. His wife is who I saw. No mention of Ed Daly but of another well known, but extremely eccentric aviation pioneer.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                I can tell you the plane was in Mike Bogue's hanger which I visited after he passed away. He had the TBM-3 that is on the Hornet and I went out to pick up the turret. His wife is who I saw. No mention of Ed Daly but of another well known, but extremely eccentric aviation pioneer.
                Bill Lear and it was flown with by his son at the age o' 4?

Comment

• The cowlings and the nose section scream Lockheed. Is that a Tigercat wing and engine in the left of the picture?
                  "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                    The cowlings and the nose section scream Lockheed. Is that a Tigercat wing and engine in the left of the picture?
                    Yes, it is. Bureau number 80532. As for the other plane the two of us were told it was owned by Howard Hughes.
                    http://www.warbirdregistry.org/f7fre...f7f-80532.html
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Its a Naval Aviation question.

I am planning on building a 1/72 scale F-14. Its markings will be from the only Navy Squadron that shot down a plane in 3 different wars.

What squadron is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                        Its a Naval Aviation question.

I am planning on building a 1/72 scale F-14. Its markings will be from the only Navy Squadron that shot down a plane in 3 different wars.

What squadron is it?
                        VF-31 Tomcatters.

WWII
                        Korea
                        Vietnam
                        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Correct.

I think its also fitting that I'm building a Tomcat driven by a Tomcatter!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dba3b4e817c7e10486ae9470369cef3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1475828

Your question. Lets see if we can get this thread going again

Comment

• When/where was the last aerial combat between piston-engined fighters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                              When/where was the last aerial combat between piston-engined fighters?
                              Soccer War of 1969?

Comment

• Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                                Soccer War of 1969?
                                Correct. Have at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X