This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutan?

Its the only private company I can remember from the 70s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      Rutan?

Its the only private company I can remember from the 70s.
      The aircraft itself was privately-owned, but it was originally manufactured by a large aerospace company.

Hint: It was a jet-powered aircraft (well, duh!).
      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Darryl Greenamyer's Franken F-104, The Red Baron. The floor is open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazed View Post
          Darryl Greenamyer's Franken F-104, The Red Baron. The floor is open.
          Kee-rect!

Darryl built the Red Baron out of parts scrounged from various sources, including crashed airframes, and an old Lockheed test airframe. As noted above, he was able to secure the low-level speed record in 1977 but, in 1978, while practicing for the world altitude record, the left main landing gear failed to lock down while preparing to land, and Darryl was forced to eject out over Edwards AFB, thereby ending his quest for the world altitude record.

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/aeros...peedRecord.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/201301070...nl/index14.htm

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-104RB-10a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1463560
          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• I'll throw this one out there, hope it hasn't been used before. What's the four-engine aircraft in the center?

Name:	Mystery Aircraft 9-27-2015.jpg
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	1467694
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• I want to say Consolidated B-32 Dominator, but the tail's wrong . . .

Comment

• Looks like an XB-19 with a B-24 nose.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                  Looks like an XB-19 with a B-24 nose.
                  Look at that nose very carefully...anything vaguely familiar about it?
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    There is something vaguely familiar about those engines and the propeller cone and it isn't American. Reminds me of the Zero.

Comment

• Better image of the same scene:

Name:	17-1.jpg
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1467696

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan_Bickell View Post
                        Better image of the same scene:
                        Sure is a beautiful aircraft

Comment

• TopHatter may get mad at me but I trolled Youtube looking for Japanese bombers and found...

Comment

Damn!

Looks like a BETTY!

Never thought Japanese!
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                              TopHatter may get mad at me but I trolled Youtube looking for Japanese bombers and found...
                              Nah, not at all. Well done!

You're up :-)

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              Damn!

Looks like a BETTY!

Never thought Japanese!
                              I was waiting for that explosion LOL

Comment

Nah, not at all. Well done!

You're up :-)

I was waiting for that explosion LOL
                                Very good

What made you pick that?

Good choice BTW.
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X