Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In an effort to keep a good thread going.

Name these two men?
    Attached Files
    Craig Johnson

Comment

• One is a living legend the other a King.
      Craig Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by Battleship IOWA View Post
        One is a living legend the other a King.
        Orville Wright and Alfosno, king of Spain
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Correct but it was Wilbur not Orville you can tell by the lack of a mustache.

The story goes that when flying enthusiast King Alfonso XIII of Spain wanted to meet with Wilbur Wright at his new flying school in Pau France he had to promise his Queen and Cabinet that he would not go aloft.

Doktor your question.
          Craig Johnson

Comment

• I knew it is in Pau, France. Those mustaches...

On side note, they are seated in this.

Open question.
            Last edited by Doktor; 12 Apr 14,, 20:28.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Name this plane
              Attached Files
              Craig Johnson

Comment

• Won this.
                Attached Files
                Craig Johnson

Comment

• Deperdussin Monocoque?
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                    Deperdussin Monocoque?
                    Correct: The Deperdussin Monocoque was an early racing aircraft built in 1912 by the Société Pour les Appareils Deperdussin. It is so named because of the method of construction of its fuselage. The aircraft is noted for winning the Gordon Bennett Trophy in 1912 and 1913, and for raising the world speed record for aircraft to 126 mph (203 km/h).
                    Craig Johnson

Comment

• 4 days silent so open thread...
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

• I'll try a riddle.

It's WWII. I'm in a country soon to be a part of the soviet block. I hear and see large aircraft zooming past at low altitute, then lots of explosions. I see lots of black smoke rising. Where am I?

Comment

• Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                          I'll try a riddle.

It's WWII. I'm in a country soon to be a part of the soviet block. I hear and see large aircraft zooming past at low altitute, then lots of explosions. I see lots of black smoke rising. Where am I?
                          Ploesti, Romania, 1943; the planes are B-24D's of the Eighth & Ninth Air Force.
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                            Ploesti, Romania, 1943; the planes are B-24D's of the Eighth & Ninth Air Force.
                            Almost an hour, not bad :)

Your turn.

Comment

• Okay, this will be an(other) easy one: this is the only Mach 3 strategic bomber to be built, but not go into production.
                              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• XB-70 Valkyrie

Comment

Working...
                                X