Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuwait minister quits before ‘immoral concert’ quiz

Wahabis at work?

It shows that inspite of claims that the Middle East is more rational than the Saudis wahabis, this proves that the Wahabis are supreme. Hence, the havoc and insanity will continue.

Sad

http://www.telegraphindia.com/105010...ry_4205093.asp

Kuwait minister quits before ‘immoral concert’ quiz

Kuwait, Jan. 2 (Reuters): Kuwait’s information minister resigned today, one day before he was due to be questioned in parliament mainly over allowing “immoral” western-style concerts in the Muslim country.

Mohammad Abulhasan handed in his resignation to Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah, the state news agency KUNA reported, but did not say whether it had been accepted. “I handed in my resignation ... not to avoid serving my country or in fear of political questioning, but to protect my country from political discussions, skirmishes and wrangling from which we would all lose,” KUNA quoted Abulhasan as saying.

Sheikh Sabah said that labour minister Faisal al-Hajji would oversee the information ministry for the time being, KUNA said.

Abulhasan, the only Shia minister in the 18-member cabinet, was due to be questioned tomorrow by some Islamist MPs over allegations including neglect of social values after he approved music concerts deemed un-Islamic by critics.

Sheikh Sabah has warned that the questioning, demanded by Islamist Sunni MPs, could lead to sectarian rifts in the tiny oil-rich Gulf Arab state if it were mishandled.

Shias make up one-third of the pro-western country’s native population of 950,000 and hold five seats in the 50-member parliament.

Islamist MPs and religious figures protested last year against a concert by artists participating in a popular televised Arab talent show. They also asked unrelated men and women be segregated at concerts, as required by Islamic law.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Originally posted by Ray
    It shows that inspite of claims that the Middle East is more rational than the Saudis wahabis, this proves that the Wahabis are supreme. Hence, the havoc and insanity will continue.
    Sad
    Chalk up another small victory for intollerance and appeasement!
    When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Plat,

This is the point how disservice is being done to Islam.

It was said on this forum that the Middle East Arabs except the Saudis are very tolerant etc. We believed it. Now, it turns out that they are as intolerant as the Wahabis. Thus, it becomes difficult to believe anything that is stated in favour of Arabs and their form of Islam.

Therefore, it is doing the greatest disservice by running away from the truth or giving a rosy picture when it is not.

Banning of a Western concert doesn't indicate tolerance or does it? After all, music does not kill. It fact, it is believed that music can sooth the beast.

Therefore, it would be ideal to be used on the fundamentalists.

The disservice by not been close to the fact when it was said that the Middle East Arabs are

Surprisingly, it is happening in Kuwait for which the West has done a whole lot of sacrifice including saving them from the clutches of Saddam Hussein!

What's wrong with Western music? Of course if nude girls were there on show, then that is a different matter.

I agree that in Islam music is a taboo, but then ther is also a counter statement that it isn't.

If Arabic music is acceptable, then what is the harm in more exposure to the population by having western music?

Double standards? Or have I got it wrong?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

woah!

You people assumed arabs where regular people?
        Who tricked you into beleving that?

If your ever gonna find chilled out muslims it's gonna be in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh.
        Everywhere else.....far too "religious".

What we need is to export weed intot he middle east...i urge the USA to push for legislation to legalise cannabis in the M.e and make my day as well as save the world.
        Can you imagine the killing i'd make!!

It's ridiculous, ban this, ban that......it is double standards.
        Araab musik okay.....western music not? What is that about?
        Okay so if they protested DMX concerts i might see reason........

Despite Zia, MMA everything...Bollywood is still massive in Pakistan, the moments it's legalised you'll have 150 million customers for it straight away. Music is a BIG thing in Pakistan, however wherever MMA has gone it's left it's dirty mark.

A Pakistani minister banned a concert at a uni in Lahore, protesting the "dancing", last year!

Only AJK truly survives....you can drive around blasting your metz & trix, RDB, Rap, Qwaali, whatever you want....nobody is gonna look twice.

Comment

Plat,

I won't go into who wrote that non Saudi Arabd were good guys. Search and you will find that post.

In so far as Kashmiris are concerned, I like them a lot. I have been in Kashmir from 1951.

In one of my articles I wrote about the Kashmiri psyche and it was appreciated widely.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
          X