This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Discussions

Because of continued personal attacks, unprovoked, unwarranted and unsubstantiated, by other posters and the administration of this forum.

And the virulent, false Anti-Americanism continually allowed it is with deep regret I must withdraw from this forum.

Not by choice but the utter lack of respect and courtesy shown me leaves me with little alternative but to respond in kind. Which is not my nature except unfortunately when pushed into a corner.

The false accusations publicly and privately showered upon me by this administration have become intolerable.

I have backed all of my assertions and contentions with facts and documentation those who have disagreed with me have provided none.

The administration admits that rules have been broken but they are unwilling to enforce them.

Even as they hobnob with the perpetrators.

What their reasoning is I leave you to ponder.

To me its disgraceful.
    Last edited by rickusn; 25 Nov 07,, 08:53.

And I think you're a sissy that's throwing a tantrum. You seem to have worked up quite a persecution complex, mate, and I have NO IDEA what the hell you are feeling so put upon about.

Be gone, then. And spare us a dramatic stomp out the door; if you really felt that way, the exit that does you the most credit is simply disappearing without a word to those you supposedly care so little about.

Mods, do what you do the way you've been doin' it. Works for the rest of us.

Comment

He will be back. Every couple of months Rick throws a tantrum, says the same old stuff, they crawls back a couple of weeks later.

Seriously though mate, you provide interesting documents quite regularly. You are probably the single biggest contributer to this forum. Its to bad you dont have the character to back it up.
      ROAD WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Typical response an unprovoked, unwarranted and unsubstansiated personal attack. Totally lacking in courtesy and respect.

But this is an interesting recent quote of yours to Julie.:

"Don't take that tone with ME. I'm trying to help kill him; you're trying to help him WIN, but you don't even realize that.

You, of all people, have got a LOT o' dam' gall to try that crap with ME, of all people. You don't have the right to even try that, and I sure as hell don't deserve to have that tried on me.

I cannot even believe you're a mod here."

Comment

Ah yes I forgot to mention character assasiantion.

Comment

Rick, I've always enjoyed your posts. It'll be a shame if you leave.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by rickusn View Post
              Totally lacking in courtesy and respect.
              i think the door should swing both ways. If you feel people are being discourteous, or disrespectful, then you should make these feelings known and ask to be treated better. Instead you throw a tantrum blanket attack the entire community. Personally i feel insulted by your post. Practice what you preach.
              ROAD WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rickusn View Post
                Typical response an unprovoked, unwarranted and unsubstansiated personal attack. Totally lacking in courtesy and respect.

But this is an interesting recent quote of yours to Julie.:

"Don't take that tone with ME. I'm trying to help kill him; you're trying to help him WIN, but you don't even realize that.

You, of all people, have got a LOT o' dam' gall to try that crap with ME, of all people. You don't have the right to even try that, and I sure as hell don't deserve to have that tried on me.

I cannot even believe you're a mod here."
                Thought you were leaving. What, your flight got delayed?

Comment

Rick, your one of the best posters on WAB, and I've enjoyed debating issues and picking your brain from time to time. However, partaking in a discussion forum should NOT cause one grief, and you must do what you must.

I find WAB to be fairly peaceful (I only partake in the military sections). Sometimes it can get out of hand, but most people are decent enough.

Comment

Oh for Pete sakes, Rick, you're a seasoned Senior NCM and you get riled up by a know-it-all kid? I've read your exchanges. I thought you handle yourself and I let you handle yourself. I certainly do not expect to mother a Senior NCM. You've earned your stripes for a reason. You've earned becoming a Senior NCM. Act like one.

Comment

Rick,

Sad to see you go. The Naval Forces forum will suffer from your absence.

Comment

I feel the same, if that matters to anybody. He's an interesting guy, and he's got some great additions to this site to his credit.

But this hissy fit and breakdown does him no credit, and the attacks on the mods was unwarranted. I'd rather he stay, too, BUT...only if he reverts to the legacy he's made over a long time of worthy participation.

If he'd rather be a martyr to imaginary slights from the mods, he can move along smartly.

Comment

What, you're the only one who confronts and copes with trolls? It's just intellectual sport and a pasttime, no US Navy policy is made here.
                          HD Ready?

Comment

There are so many things to say right now but fortunately, the general membership has said them all already.

Rick: If you want to leave, then leave. This won't be dragged out, I promise you that.

You promised me "war" in your PM to me. There will be no war. The war has been canceled.

You've been extended an extraordinary amount of slack and leeway because of your stalwart service in the Navy and especially your longtime and commendable contributions to this forum.

Your slack and leeway are just about exhausted.

If you want to stay, then stay. But I daresay that everybody has had enough of your recent behavior, including me.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                            X