Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If Subhash Chandra Bose had marched upto Delhi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray View Post
    Colonel,

You will be deluding yourself if you did not know of the Imperial countries atrocities.
    Sir,

Sir, as I've stated before, no WWII General would not be guilty of some war crime. The point here is that could the INA escape the brutal reputation of the IJA and obviously, they did not.
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 27 Nov 07,, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
      Keeping the brutality part aside...I seriously doubt if there would have been a bloody civil war. Sir, if you look at the posts...you will get an idea that most of the Indians till date view Netaji as a great leader, uncorruptable politician, liberator etc ..etc. That's the general perception shared across all the Indian States. A civil war couldn't start in a scenario where the entire civil populace is supportive of the character concerned...However if you hint a power struggle between the RIA and the INA...I could partially agree.
      Take this as an argumentative post, but we have never seen Nethaji's other side, right? I mean what if he won the land battle and then becomes a total authoritative leader, more like Mao ?? With INA intact, it would've led to a civil war.

Not that Nehru was democratic, he was the worst authoritative leader we've ever seen, except then people adored his Utopian world for some reason.
      A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        Take this as an argumentative post, but we have never seen Nethaji's other side, right? I mean what if he won the land battle and then becomes a total authoritative leader, more like Mao ?? With INA intact, it would've led to a civil war.
        It may have led to war several years, if not decades, down the road. Netaji had huge support from Indians, and he probably would have ruled as a dictator, but one which would have had the population's support. Now, how long people would love him, it would really depend on his governing side. Mostly, love for "people's" dictators is quite short lived. And yes, if such circumstances were to happen, then IMO there would be state oppression and possibly civil war.
        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Tronic,

How long could the Indian population suffer under even indirect Japanese rule? That's the one thing EVERYONE is ignoring. The INA could not come into being without Japanese help and Japanese help was far worst than British rule ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Tronic,

How long could the Indian population suffer under even indirect Japanese rule? That's the one thing EVERYONE is ignoring. The INA could not come into being without Japanese help and Japanese help was far worst than British rule ever was.
            Sir, I guess everyone takes it that if Bose fought the British, then he would also fight the Japanese once India fell under his control. But, I do see your point, Japan probably would've been far more ruthless, and they might themselves have wiped out the INA after gaining control of India.
            Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
            -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Actually the Japanese will be wiped out. If 75% of their manpower is tied down in China, there is no way in hell that the Japanese could even impose their control. Moreover, the INA will not like it nor the former British Indian army soldiers.

OOE, I understand things would be more bloodier but I just don't see how the Japanese could come in and control. They simply do not have the manpower. Just resources. Do you honestly think that the INA would submit to Japanese control which is another form of colonialism? I have a hard time believing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                Actually the Japanese will be wiped out. If 75% of their manpower is tied down in China, there is no way in hell that the Japanese could even impose their control. Moreover, the INA will not like it nor the former British Indian army soldiers.

OOE, I understand things would be more bloodier but I just don't see how the Japanese could come in and control. They simply do not have the manpower. Just resources. Do you honestly think that the INA would submit to Japanese control which is another form of colonialism? I have a hard time believing that.

5000 Brits controlled the whole of India, we would have folded in front of the IJA if they played thier cards right like the brits in India.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                  Do you honestly think that the INA would submit to Japanese control which is another form of colonialism? I have a hard time believing that.
                  How else is the INA going to march to Dehli? Let's face it, the INA was not exactly the spearpoint of any campaign and the Japanese never had any intentions of arming them to be a fully independent standing force.

As much as you cannot see the INA submitting to the IJA, I cannot see how the INA can march except to follow the IJA.

Comment

Originally posted by Adux View Post
                    5000 Brits controlled the whole of India, we would have folded in front of the IJA if they played thier cards right like the brits in India.
                    No it is not in their nature to play cards like the British did in India. Hence I strongly believe the outcome would be vastly different.

Comment

How else is the INA going to march to Dehli? Let's face it, the INA was not exactly the spearpoint of any campaign and the Japanese never had any intentions of arming them to be a fully independent standing force.

As much as you cannot see the INA submitting to the IJA, I cannot see how the INA can march except to follow the IJA.
                      Perhaps history has not allowed us enough evidence to see whether which one of us is right.

Comment

Question, was there any commanders of any worth who went over to the INA?

Comment

True, but at least war will give us commanders. I mean take a look at Vietnam. They didn't have any commanders of worth but they came up with General Giap (I know your reservations about him).

Comment

Question, was there any commanders of any worth who went over to the INA?
                            Seems like INA had 4 commanders per wiki.
                            Battle of Imphal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

And they went up against Slim? Whom in my mind was the best General of WWII. Man, talking about taking on a titan ...

Comment

Originally posted by devgupt View Post
                                Since there are a few alternate history threads on this board, I would like to start one not discussed before. What would have happened if the Axis powers won World War 2 and Subhash Chandra Bose would have marched upto Delhi. What would have been the character of Netaji 's Government?
                                What if Old King Porus had a fleet of B-52s at Battle of Jehlum? :P

Comment

Working...
                                X