Yon gets down with the British Army.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yon gets down with the British Army.

Michael Yon has a great dispatch out about his time with the Brits down in Basra.

British WABbits, y'all got some dam' fine soldiers. But without question, the United States has the finest war correspondent, going away.

Michael Yon : Online Magazine » Blog Archive » Men of Valor: Part I of about VIII

Men of Valor; Part II.

Read it all.

Comment

I was just going to post a link to part II (thank you NRO's The Corner). I think it goes a long way to correcting the misdirected ire at the Brits that we see every time they reduce their force in-theater. I think Yon's analogy that we (the U.S.) have been driving the bus in Iraq so blaming passengers is silly and counterproductive is a good one.

Like when I get all touchy about the Brits who blamed the U.S. for setbacks in the Med theater in WWII. That shoe fits on all feet. :)

-dale

Comment

Yep; and they hung in there for the increasingly bumpy ride.

There's a few knocks I have on the Brits (sorry, fellas), but lack of loyalty and grit ain't in the list. Thanks for everything, Mum, even when we didn't earn it.

Comment

Part III now up...
          Michael Yon : Online Magazine » Blog Archive » Men of Valor: Part III
          Rule 1: Never trust a Frenchman
          Rule 2: Treat all members of the press as French

Comment

Part IV up...
            Michael Yon : Online Magazine » Blog Archive » Men of Valor: Part IV
            Rule 1: Never trust a Frenchman
            Rule 2: Treat all members of the press as French

Comment

Fantastic read. Thanks for the links one and all.

Comment

Working...
              X