Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $53,000 Strip Club Bill

Whoa!!

FORT WALTON BEACH, Fla. -- A father wants investigators to pursue fraud and larceny charges against a Panhandle strip club after his son ran up a $53,000 bill in a single night while celebrating his college graduation.

Joe Salter, 52, of Mary Esther, told investigators Club 10 employees took advantage of his 24-year-old son, Tommy. The younger Salter was at the club Aug. 18 to celebrate his graduation from Georgia Tech.

According to a report from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office, Salter told employees he could only spend $600. But Club 10 owner Tim Beal said Salter bought at least 19 bottles of champagne -- priced from $150 to $2,000.

Beal said Salter signed a receipt for each champagne purchase and even scrawled his initials next to itemized charges. But the elder Salter said only the signature on the first receipt matches his son's.

The sheriff's report alleges larceny and credit card fraud.

Beal said Salter appeared to know what he was doing throughout the night.

''This fellow was lucid,'' Beal said. "He was actually dancing with the manager, Chris, right before he left.''

Beal said he had already talked to American Express after Salter filed a complaint with the company, seeking to have part of the charge withdrawn. The company decided in Club 10's favor, he said.
    Linked Here
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

A very wise man once told me "strip clubs are money vacuums, designed to inhale as much cash from you as possible".

Of course, at the time, he had a rather attractive young blonde sitting on his lap, whilst a gorgeous young Iranian ("Persia") lass was perched on mine.

Personally I find strip clubs to be rather boring and pointless...

...unless you're there in the company of females that you can buy lapdances for.

THEN it's great place to go! :))
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Actually, the term I used was 'wallet Hoovers'.

Comment

And if I was a VERY wise man, I'd have invested the money we blew that night.

In TIKI kitsch.:))

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
          Actually, the term I used was 'wallet Hoovers'.
          Right! I knew I was remembering it wrong.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Hands up who thought that American Express would come out in favour of the Beals

Comment

Most strip clubs are the lowest kinds of places you can go to. Just a regular disco club or something is usually better.

Comment

So which costs more, a strip club or a wife?

Comment

Originally posted by ashkon View Post
                  A wife...easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ashkon View Post
                    A wife ,no question about it.
                    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

It's a tough one. Both make you feel like crap. A wife does it when you're there, a strip club does after when you realize you're a loser enough to go there. Both cost a ton of money. Strippers don't nag the next morning, a wife tends to be a tad more attractive. It really is a close call.

Comment

Greg Norman's ex-wife cost him a fair bit of money from what i hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                          Strippers don't nag the next morning, a wife tends to be a tad more attractive. It really is a close call.
                          You're obviously not drinking enough:))

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                            You're obviously not drinking enough:))
                            It's not that I'm not drinking enough, it's that there's not enough alcohol to get me drunk ;) see in motherland we're used to some pretty monster dosage my grandma in Ukraine makes home made vodka 80% soo the exported Stoli doesn't quite hit the spot for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X