Future of NATO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping? Good greif why?
    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

He's trying to fight the last war. Let him.
      HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
        What? ............. yea. Maybe in someones nightmares. Lets get real. A country with 142 million population and dropping is not going to take on all of Western Europe plus all of North America.
        I happen to agree with you, but Mr Putins statements have made some people nervous.
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
          I happen to agree with you, but Mr Putins statements have made some people nervous.
          Hardly to the extent that they should fear Soviet Union MK2. That monster had twice the population versus a smaller Europe and United States.

Originally posted by smilingassassin View Post
          Drunkenness, AIDS, low birth rate, disease, a litany of problems really.
          HD Ready?

Comment

Primarily low birth rate. The other issues are marginal. Russia has 1.3 births per woman on average. 2.1 is sustainability rate.

Comment

Sheesh low birth rates, with all those hot Russian women? Whats wrong with you Russian men?!! Go forth and multiply!!!

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Sheesh low birth rates, with all those hot Russian women? Whats wrong with you Russian men?!! Go forth and multiply!!!
                More abortions then live births. It's not us (the men).

Comment

Abortions or miss-carriages?

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Abortions or miss-carriages?
                    Abortions. The kind you get at clinics.

Comment

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                      Abortions. The kind you get at clinics.
                      I think that's terrible. Are these abortions used as a form of birth control? Abortions have dreadful consequences on a woman's future ability to have more kids. Someone has to do something. But I'm not sure if Putin's "orgy day" is the solution.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Keep in mind the remnants of the KGB are running the country now. Since the spin-off of the muslim-stan territories plus the Ukraine, core Russia has been reduced to its essentials. Co-operation is mandated, notwithstanding their position regarding oil and gas supply to Eastern and Western Europe, Putin or his inheiretors will have to make deals for food supply.
                        Last edited by texacali; 05 Nov 07,, 01:36.

Comment

Originally posted by texacali View Post
                          Keep in mind the remnants of the KGB are running the country now. Since the spin-off of the muslim-stan territories plus the Ukraine, core Russia has been reduced to its essentials. Co-operation is mandated, notwithstanding their position regarding oil and gas supply to Eastern and Western Europe, Putin or his inheiretors will have to make deals for food supply.
                          What? Did you actually mean that? Or am I missing something here? Russia still has enough farmland to feed itself many times over, if only agricultural tariffs were put into place.

The real reasons for the abortion rate lies in the low quality of life and most importantly the instability of the country. We're looking at a demographic crisis, and this has been acknowledged by both the Russian government and independent media sources. Putin's programs for dealing with it come in the forms of baby-bonus payments to mothers, which are being increased for the second time now.

If the economic situation, and primarily stability, of the country improve we may see a reversal of this trend. If not, then population will continue to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            I think that's terrible. Are these abortions used as a form of birth control? Abortions have dreadful consequences on a woman's future ability to have more kids. Someone has to do something. But I'm not sure if Putin's "orgy day" is the solution.
                            70% abortions in Russia today. Average man lives 58,9 years. Fastest growing AIDS epidemic in the world (faster than Africa). On top of everything - huge territory which is not controlled anymore as it should be and China which is sitting and waiting to create some sort of trouble in the neighboring Russia to grab it's resources. Putin can't do really anything about it - at least I don't think it is up to him. The more they have political instability the more this low birth story will go on.
                            One other "good" part about it - the only regions that show high fertility rate in Russia are Muslim dominated regions. So it may very well be that in the near future Russia will become DE facto Muslim country. Please note I am not saying definitely Islamist one. But Muslim none the less.

But Russia is just part of the problem - western Europeans themselves don't want NATO anymore - they think it is old dinosaur which should be buried already - I have many proofs of this attitude so I can give it to you to read if anyone wants it. It is on another forum with lot's of Europeans.
                            Last edited by JohnFlint1985; 09 Nov 07,, 05:47.
                            "We Shall Never Surrender" Winston Churchill

Comment

I would be up for a read on us Euro boys wanting rid of NATO. Personally I think its the best thing since sliced bread but im sure it would make a good read.

Comment

From my European experience I tend to believe that quite a few of them would love to see NATO go. They like to think that if they just leave the world alone that they will be left alone. Too bad that it's seen as a weakness and an opportunity to others.....
                                Originally posted by GVChamp
                                College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X